Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:42:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Trans Mania: Graham Linehan is an Obsessive Transphobe

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, March 22, 2024, 08:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanktonSideburns

Yea not much between these comedians and just asking the office twat to pipe up, apart from projection and mic technique

frajer

I'm here to chew ham and eat ass and I'm all out of ham.

lazyhour

Megalol at Lewis Schaffer being on the Unleashed bill. Of course he is. I know things about this guy, and his slide to the 'anti-woke' right makes perfect, hilarious sense. This is a guy who used to share bills with the likes of Stewart Lee.

https://www.festmag.com/edinburgh/comedy/review-lewis-schaffer-what-have-you-heard

Mx Wrongs

Quote from: lazyhour on March 23, 2024, 12:39:35 PMLewis Schaffer ... I know things about this guy ...

it would be cruel not to elaborate

lazyhour

Quote from: Mx Wrongs on March 23, 2024, 12:57:55 PMit would be cruel not to elaborate

And yet, elaborate I shan't.

Did you read the article? He did that weird-ass show for a reason.

Catalogue Trousers

Quote from: Better Midlands on March 23, 2024, 06:28:57 AM

Aaaaaand he's now shouting at AOC.

Dear Christ, he may as well just say that he's a far-right misogynist wanker and have done with it. I may even have the tiniest iota of respect for him if he does, bur he'll sitll be a cunt gone bananas.

QDRPHNC

Quote"Just the name Hamas – they don't eat ham, and they don't eat ass – I've been saying that"

jobotic

Quote from: Pixel Pusher on March 23, 2024, 10:11:57 AMI don't get why Andrew Doyle keeps using that photo. He looks like one of those guys who stands at the back of the club and stares angrily at young women.

"Looks like"

TommyTurnips

Quote from: lazyhour on March 23, 2024, 01:15:30 PMAnd yet, elaborate I shan't.

Did you read the article? He did that weird-ass show for a reason.

Did he win the runner-up prize in a Jeffrey Epstein look alike competition?

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Better Midlands on March 23, 2024, 08:16:17 AMGL will be gutted he's not on this bill

Who does the Hitler impersonator think he is, Simon Fierce?

Quote from: phes on March 23, 2024, 12:27:44 PMUrgh Elaine Miller. Proper Salt of the Earth Says it Like it is, Allied Health Professional who gets wheeled out as some kind of medical professional voice of authority on trans healthcare. Couldn't work out how to format a word document as requested for parliament, had a tantrum and went full banana.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

RicoMNKN

Surely no one wants to see 8 comedians in one night, even if they weren't all shit and limited to the same few subjects Andrew Doyle will let them talk about.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on March 23, 2024, 02:18:42 PMWho does the Hitler impersonator think he is, Simon Fierce?

Just watched a clip of Frank Sanarzi (YSWHDT? 'mazing). Fucking hell. And not in a good way.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Kankurette on March 23, 2024, 12:31:27 PMSo she's not even a comedian? But then right-wing comedy isn't even really comedy, it's 'wow my views are being totally validated'.
Elaine Miller just to do humorous talks on female health topics, I saw her once at a Skeptics in the Pub type thing before she went crazy. I guess if you have to listen to a humorous talk about female incontinence she's not the worst. But as a physio at least that was slightly related to her expertise and qualifications, unlike gender etc.

Kankurette

Skeptics. Of course. (Didn't loads of TERFs come out of skeptic circles?)

Barry Admin

Quote from: DreadedScotsman on March 23, 2024, 03:52:04 PMSpending a lot of money, commiting genocide same thing really

Linehan and Rowling think Twitter is brilliant, partly because they think they can despatch people with these wonderful, concise little bon mots. They clearly see themselves as social media raconteurs who can spit out endless Dorothy Parker-style acerbic putdowns and witticisms. 

But they're both fucking shite at it.  Just two nasty pissed up social media wankers. 

Armin Meiwes

Also, as with a lot of high profile women (particularly on the left) she gets so many death and rape threats from deranged misogynists that of course she has to have security. For a man who likes to throw around accusations of misogyny as much as Graham you'd think he'd be a bit more understanding of that but of course he's quite comfortable with death and rape threats if they're aimed at women he disagrees with.

Armin Meiwes

Surely even he can see the difference between "defending yourself" and killing tens of thousands of mostly innocent people but again none of that really matters when there are serious issues to deal with like transwomen coming 15th in park runs.

Catalogue Trousers

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on March 23, 2024, 02:18:42 PMWho does the Hitler impersonator think he is, Simon Fierce?

Betting that he's more Freddie Starr.

Catalogue Trousers

Quote from: Barry Admin on March 23, 2024, 04:00:58 PMLinehan and Rowling think Twitter is brilliant, partly because they think they can despatch people with these wonderful, concise little bon mots. They clearly see themselves as social media raconteurs who can spit out endless Dorothy Parker-style acerbic putdowns and witticisms. 

But they're both fucking shite at it.  Just two nasty pissed up social media wankers. 

Ah yes, Dorothy Parker and her famous, acidic bon mots:

'Ha ha, I've got LOTS of money and you haven't!'
'Beard!'
'Groomer!'
'Shut UP! Fuck OFF!'

Setting the table on a roar at the local Wetherspoon's, there

frajer

Quote from: SpiderChrist on March 23, 2024, 02:55:56 PMJust watched a clip of Frank Sanarzi (YSWHDT? 'mazing). Fucking hell. And not in a good way.

Lamentably I did the same. Googled him out of morbid curiosity and ended up watching a few mins of his most recent stand up.

Fucking hell, indeed. Notably he asks the audience to raise their hands (can't remember why) to get them to do Nazi salutes LOL but there's a bloke near the front who keeps his hand in the air for fucking ages. Can't believe his luck.

selectivememory

That Frank Sanazi, I'm not going to look up his act, but just seeing that poster, I can't believe he's real and not a joke about what kind of comic would appear at a right wing stand-up night. It's like something from a Wimblewrong shot. Fucking Christ.

king_tubby

lazyhour

Fuck. Ing. Hell.

Then goodness that cancelling isn't real or she'd be gone for that.

Barry Admin

Quote from: selectivememory on March 23, 2024, 04:27:16 PMThat Frank Sanazi, I'm not going to look up his act, but just seeing that poster, I can't believe he's real and not a joke about what kind of comic would appear at a right wing stand-up night. It's like something from a Wimblewrong shot. Fucking Christ.

I saw that poster when I just woke up this morning and felt like a glincel who had just seen a moley photoshop.  "is... is it real, or...?"

PaulTMA

Dankula with his fucking dog on the poster, as if it's Nookie Bear or the like.  Is it actually part of his act, or he has he just got it there as if to say 'lol yeah, remember me from this'?  One would have grounds to complain if not.

tomasrojo

Quote from: Barry Admin on March 23, 2024, 04:00:58 PMLinehan and Rowling think Twitter is brilliant, partly because they think they can despatch people with these wonderful, concise little bon mots. They clearly see themselves as social media raconteurs who can spit out endless Dorothy Parker-style acerbic putdowns and witticisms. 

Yes, very much how I've seen JKR's Twitter persona for years. Used to spend large parts of her days fishing for crown emojis.