Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:31:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Podcast recording software?

Started by thecuriousorange, October 11, 2021, 02:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I want to record a little podcast and I get the impression some of you have dabbled in this.

Can you recommend any good basic, free software for recording and editing? It will be two speakers (host and guest), with a little bit of intro and outro music. I want to keep it as simple as possible.

Would anyone like tell of how they got started with theirs? Pitfalls to avoid? You can tell it like a funny story.

beanheadmcginty

Audacity is pretty much all you need

PlanktonSideburns

audacity, or reaper if you want something a bit fiddlyer

Yeah Audacity looked the best so I downloaded it earlier. Haven't downloaded the extra thing you need to import audio files that aren't Wav yet though.

Proactive

I would also recommend buying a cheap microphone, if that's not a completely obvious thing to say.

Chedney Honks

Anchor is a good app for a beginner to just get your stuff out there on the big providers in a very straightforward way.

Get a half decent mic or people just won't listen. The baseline for audio quality is rather high these days. You don't need to spend loads but don't record through your phone. Invest in something decent on sale and start as you mean to go on.