Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:21:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Now TV - US content plays too fast

Started by Magnum Valentino, September 10, 2022, 05:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnum Valentino

Bought a month of Now to watch a few HBO shows and so far both of them play too quickly, probably because of conversion from 24fps to 25 (or the other way around). Visually it's not noticeable but the dialogue is all high pitched.

Is this a known problem or could it be to do with TV or app settings? It's quite distracting.

Magnum Valentino

Just to confirm I'm not imagining it. The HBO logo also plays at a higher pitch.

up_the_hampipe

This is common with US shows aired on UK TV as well. There's a proper explanation for it, something to do with framerates. So US shows are a bit faster and therefore higher pitched, and vice versa when UK shows air over there.

Magnum Valentino

I've watched tons of US stuff on streaming over the years and I've only ever seen this today on Now TV. Why can't Sky handle it if Netflix, Prime and YouTube can? I've watched a few episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm now but I don't seem to be getting used to it.

up_the_hampipe

Oh, well that's because Now TV is a shite platform.

Magnum Valentino

Aye it seems like that, it costs a fucking fortune even without ad-free. Imagine full HD costing extra in this day and age. Shame all the HBO stuff is on there, otherwise I'd never go near it