Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:33:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Halifax introduces name badges with pronouns

Started by Stigdu, July 02, 2022, 08:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midas

All that time spent developing ad blockers, all for nothing.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on July 04, 2022, 02:30:35 PMExcuse me Sir, your brain appears to be absolutely FUCKED and I don't understand what you mean. When have I ever mentioned slavery?

Under 'hobbies and interests'?

Martin Van Buren Stan

Yes. I love slavery. Slavery was good and I wish we still practiced it.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Midas on July 04, 2022, 03:27:07 PMAll that time spent developing ad blockers, all for nothing.

should have invested in Al blockers

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: phantom_power on July 04, 2022, 02:12:07 PMThe other way of looking at this is that normalising these things is the aim and to do that you need big corporations getting involved. If they get good publicity as a by-product then that can't be helped. The alternative is big corporations doing nothing, because by design they will never do anything radical. You don't have to praise the corporations involved to be pleased by the outcome

Or maybe it's just good that society has changed enough for banks to realise that this stuff puts them in a better light.

It's like when my employer used to pay for a staff Christmas lunch. They didn't really give a shit about us and they weren't fooling anyone. They cared about giving the perception that they cared about us. Now they don't care about the perception either, which I can assure you is worse.

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 02, 2022, 09:21:21 PMI'd be happy to include my pronouns in my work email signature but they don't even stipulate I set one here, so am proudly exercising that right instead.

I also do it, we are "strongly encouraged" and most people do because why not?

Mind you, I work for the Canadian federal government; the wokest government there is (when they're not selling arms to saudis in Yemen, approving pipelines, pissing all over clean ocean legislation, or fucking up potable water in First Nations communities)!!

QDRPHNC

I put my foot through my credit card... and sent Halifax the bill!

The Mollusk

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on July 04, 2022, 02:42:17 PMAlso @themollusk I won't even get into your insanely racist, bigotry of low expectations attitude. "Yeah al sharpton steals from charity but he's black so lay off him" appears to be your view. As if black people just can't help but steal so we shouldn't hold them to account.

Fuck me that's one hell of a reach, I got whiplash reading it. Where do you pull this stuff from?? Really bizarre.

bgmnts

Quote from: The Mollusk on July 04, 2022, 06:29:56 PMWhere do you pull this stuff from??

Well it's not hiding in a thick head of hair it seems.

Zero Gravitas

I saw Al Sharpton in a documentary where he helped win a court case, he seemed like a nice and helpful man with good taste in suits.

James Spader was just starting his physical decline, no doubt due to his close friendship to William Shatner, despite their political differences.

Video Game Fan 2000

are we sure Martin Van Buren isn't actually Al Sharpton trying to false flag a racist incident against himself in one of these scams that he does all the time

Video Game Fan 2000

i never realised that Al Sharpton was the Dom Joly of racism but over the last few days ive been enlightened

phantom_power

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 04, 2022, 04:20:46 PMOr maybe it's just good that society has changed enough for banks to realise that this stuff puts them in a better light.

That is a good point and I meant to say something similar but it got lost in me trying to find the words in my last post

jobotic

They come runnin' just as fast as they can
'Cos every girl crazy 'bout Al Sharpton, man

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: phantom_power on July 04, 2022, 07:48:03 PMThat is a good point and I meant to say something similar but it got lost in me trying to find the words in my last post

It's easily done. They are right here.

madhair60

Quote from: The Mollusk on July 04, 2022, 06:29:56 PMFuck me that's one hell of a reach, I got whiplash reading it. Where do you pull this stuff from?? Really bizarre.

I can actually help explain this, if you'll permit me? What it is, is, he's a fucking stupid cunt.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: madhair60 on July 05, 2022, 11:12:21 AMI can actually help explain this, if you'll permit me? What it is, is, he's a fucking stupid cunt.

I mean you can fuck off as well. In my short time here I've criticised Jimmy Carr, keir starmer, Ricky Gervais, Graham Linehan, Stewart Lee, and many other white people and this hasn't caused issues. I slag off al sharpton for his documented charity thieving and I'm racist. It's utterly absurd.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: phantom_power on July 05, 2022, 07:41:37 AMOh. Why's that then?

I think you must have absentmindedly put them down. If you can't find something, my advice is to think about where you were when you last had it.

Kankurette

And we wonder why more Al Sharptons don't post here.

chip

They should just do ♀ and ♂ badges, but only to avoid confusion over unisex names like with our friend Stacy here. That's it really. Thanks

Stigdu

Quote from: madhair60 on July 05, 2022, 11:12:21 AMI can actually help explain this, if you'll permit me? What it is, is, he's a fucking stupid cunt.

Dude, that's out of order. If you have a grievance with someone on here, I think you should take it to private messaging, block the user you disagree with, or use the 'report to admin' option.

Stigdu

Quote from: chip on July 05, 2022, 12:35:29 PMThey should just do ♀ and ♂ badges, but only to avoid confusion over unisex names like with our friend Stacy here. That's it really. Thanks

You are a good egg. I do look like a bloke, though.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: Stigdu on July 05, 2022, 12:35:51 PMDude, that's out of order. If you have a grievance with someone on here, I think you should take it to private messaging, block the user you disagree with, or use the 'report to admin' option.

Be more like Stigdu

jobotic

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on July 05, 2022, 11:29:28 AMI mean you can fuck off as well. In my short time here I've criticised Jimmy Carr, keir starmer, Ricky Gervais, Graham Linehan, Stewart Lee, and many other white people and this hasn't caused issues. I slag off al sharpton for his documented charity thieving and I'm racist. It's utterly absurd.

What about in the long time you were here before?

madhair60

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: madhair60 on July 05, 2022, 01:34:50 PMokay! duuuuhhh, i like ricky gervais. *plays a board game*

"Ironically" endorsing a transphobic comedian are you? Brave lil cis boi

phantom_power

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 05, 2022, 12:14:27 PMI think you must have absentmindedly put them down. If you can't find something, my advice is to think about where you were when you last had it.

I was here, obv