Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:09:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Started by Ignatius_S, September 15, 2014, 12:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ignatius_S

Anyone played the demo? Would anyone like a demo code? (I have three to give away - PM if you want one.) Has anyone smashed their circle pad?

madhair60

I have played the demo!  I would not like a code!

It is much better than I could ever have expected.  Crazy smooth.  I just hope it's got something in single player for me to get my teeth into.

Consignia

I liked the demo, so I've picked up the full version today. Anyone fancy an online battle? We can share friend codes or whateves here.

Kelvin

You lucky bastards. I'm clawing my eyes out waiting for the Wii U version of this. Melee on GameCube was probably responsible for the best gaming experiences of my entire life. Can't think of a single game that my friends and I had more fun with or wracked up more hours on. Must be in the hundreds of hours. 

madhair60

This is sold out everywhere in Cambridge.

Consignia

Alright, if anyone does get it, pop your friend code in here.

Mine is: 1762-2668-1981.

madhair60

madhair60

Absolutely stomped Consignia earlier today thrice in a row.

Good game!  And no lag!

Consignia

Yeah, it's absolutely great game. Shame I'm utter turd at it. I'll get better, I swear on this book of carpet samples.

Our game was smooth, but I've been playing online against randoms and it lagged all over the place.

Ignatius_S

Great to hear such positive feedback – will be picking it at some point (soon I hope).

The Wii U version has been confirmed for 5 December.

Kelvin

Quote from: Ignatius_S on October 07, 2014, 01:21:23 PM
The Wii U version has been confirmed for 5 December.

Too bloody long. I might well have swam to Japan by then.

Ignatius_S

It's also been confirmed that the Amiibo figures already announced will be released on 25 November and another six (Zelda, Diddy Kong, Luigi, Little Mac, Pit and Captain Falcon) have been announced for 19 December. The figures will be compatible with the recently announced 3DS revisions (and Wii U) but not the existing 3DS machines.

Quote from: Kelvin on October 07, 2014, 03:04:51 PM
Too bloody long. I might well have swam to Japan by then.

Well, if you do, you have an extra day to wait!

Got this now.

Head to the northern most Prague railstation. Scribble your friend code on page 8 of that day's broadsheet, then order a pepsi from the scuffed vending machine. Make sure that it has a cross of blue tape stuck to the left side. When the clock chimes 7, fold and place the newspaper inside the retrieval slot and then leave on the next train.

My code is the following.

2681-0495-6100

If you do not hear back from me, destroy your 3DS and open the red envelope.

Never been a Smash Bros guy, to be honest. Always played at various parties I've attended over the years and people loved it, but it never really was a big thing for me.
But I've been playing this tonight and I've been really enjoying myself. I'm shit at it, but I'm starting to enjoy it now that I've got into a groove with Little Mac.

Popped online for a shot at that. Got into a match within about 30 seconds, and within 10 it put me in a practise mode with a NPC whilst I waited, which is really appreciated and will be good if I'd struggle to find a match. Didn't find any latency at all in mine either and I was playing against three people from Japan.

Got fucking stomped though. Barely even got a hit in on anybody. I was just being flung all over the place.
I am extraordinarily shit at fighting games, and generally don't have an interest in them, but this could be fun playing in bed against my mates who've also got it. Could see this getting in the way of our sleeping patterns having portable Smash.

Little Mac is so much fun. Hits hard and super fast. On the downside, he's absolutely fucked if he flies off the edge. Can't fly or float. Has absolutely no kind of recovery other than a punch directly up, which won't do you any good unfortunately. Combine that with some massively good moves where you fling yourself into crowds of competitors with a huge haymaker that sets you on an unstoppable arc of doom directly off the side of the map, and Little Mac is incredibly weak on the majority of the maps. He's high risk but high reward and huge fun.

The villager from Animal Crossing is the absolute opposite. Balloons and rockets means it's a bitch to get rid of that dead eyed bug collector.

Been playing with friends and so far, it's worked really well and hasn't had any lag. Don't believe 3DS has voice chat though so we're going to have to organise people to be on Skype or Mumble during. Need voices for Smash Bros.

Also, it has increased my time to correctly write on my phone as my hands hurt from only about 4 matches. The new 3DS is coming out here, inexplicably, this or next month, I'll have to investigate if that has a better analog stick or something. Anything that won't turn my hands into claws after two weeks of casual play would be nice.

madhair60

Villager is the best because you can pretty much keep half a map to yourself just by planting a tree there.