Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:42:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Resonance FM - Stewart Lee Shows

Started by TTT, February 28, 2006, 10:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTT

Hi everyone, I was just looking on 'the torrent site' and someone has requested Stews Resonance shows, apparantly there are around 52 of them. I've looked through my old dvd-rs and i've got 12 of them, I was just wondering if anybody here has anymore (I know some of you from the slsk room were recording them). Maybe we can try to put together a complete set.

Anyway i've got these ones and i'll be uploading them to yousendit etc over the next few days, i'll put the links in here once i've uploaded them.

Stewart Lee - Resonance FM - 2003-07-06.mp3
Stewart Lee - Resonance FM - 2003-07-27.mp3
Stewart Lee - Resonance FM - 2003-08-31.mp3
Stewart Lee - Resonance FM - 2003-09-14.mp3
Stewart Lee - Resonance FM - 2003-10-05.mp3
Stewart Lee - Resonance FM - 2003-10-26 (Missing Start).mp3
Stewart Lee - Resonance FM - 2003-12-14.mp3
Stewart Lee - Resonance FM - 2004-05-02.mp3
Stewart Lee - Resonance FM - 2004-05-23.mp3
Stewart Lee - Resonance FM - 2004-06-20.mp3
Stewart Lee - Resonance FM - 2004-07-18.mp3

Stewart Lee - Resonance FM Clearspot 17th Feb 2004.mp3

Cack Hen

Ohh, I'll look forward to those. Even though I'm not overly fond of his taste in music, if I recall the Radio 1 shows correctly.

DuncanC

In addition to those ones, I have:

2003-11-02 - Richard Herring & Daniel Kitson
2004-08-01 - Kerrie Hickin
2004-10-10 - Paul Putner & Robin Ince
2004-10-24 - Toni Arthur-Hay & Kevin Eldon
2004-10-31 - Chris John Jackson
2004-11-14 - Harry Pye
2005-07-03 - Adam Buxton
2005-07-17 - Danielle Ward & Josie Long
2005-09-18
2005-09-25 (incomplete)

TTT

Excellent DuncanC, i've just uploaded the first one the links in the first post.

Gypsum Fantastic

Fantastic! I was the one requesting the shows, by the way, so thanks very much for responding.

TTT

No problem, the second one is up now the links in the first post.

Marvin

A *huge* thanks for doing these TTT, used to really enjoy these on a Sunday.

defmem

duncan c i'm EXTREMELY interested in the richard herring daniel kitson thing, how may i hear this??

i'm sorry for however this is worded but i am extremely pissed up on booze right now

DuncanC

APTS posted it just recently in the Kitson thread, so all credit must go to him:

FileFactory Part 1 - FileFactory Part 2
SendSpace Part 1 - SendSpace Part 2

...hopefully one of those will work out for you.

chand

Thanks TTT, I'm getting all of these!

defmem

Cack Hen

Quote from: "DuncanC"APTS posted it just recently in the Kitson thread, so all credit must go to him:

FileFactory Part 1 - FileFactory Part 2
SendSpace Part 1 - SendSpace Part 2

...hopefully one of those will work out for you.

I just can't get either to work. File Factory (for me at least) is an absolute joke, you stand about a 1 in 100 chance of actually getting the file after being bombarded with advertisements. Send Space just continuously tells me the servers busy.

If it's not too much trouble, any chance you could stick them up on Mega Upload or Yousendit or something?

defmem

gotta admit i'm havin trouble with these

chocky909

Thanks for these. I had forgotton how great Stewart Lee was. Also hadn't realised how good Resonance FM could be. I remember listening to the launch and thinking it was going to be based around 'modern art'. It seems alot more fun now.

A tip for using SendSpace: I found that clicking on the link to download, often results in the message "our servers are busy..."  then you have to wait 60 seconds before retrying. Solution - just use the refresh button on your web browser to instantly retry - I found that about 5-10 attempts gave me the file (at good speeds too)

Gavin

Quote from: "chocky909"A tip for using SendSpace: I found that clicking on the link to download, often results in the message "our servers are busy..."  then you have to wait 60 seconds before retrying. Solution - just use the refresh button on your web browser to instantly retry - I found that about 5-10 attempts gave me the file (at good speeds too)

An excellent tip. Pressing the F5 key does the same thing.

defmem

ah. i got it to work. Very many thanks for providing these, I've been trying to find as much Lee and/or herring related material as possible.

jigsaw250

Hi TTT, hi everybody.

Here are the guests who appeared on the ones you've got already:

2003-10-05: John Dowie and The Ice Man (you encoded that one, TTT)

from my stream rip recordings:

2004-05-02: Lottie Child and Richard Herring
2004-05-23: Peter Baynham (PintOfMild recorded this one)
2004-06-20: Ben Watson
2004-07-18: Mike Pitts
2005-09-18: Bernard from Lomax Records.

I've also got one other Lee Clear Spot:

Clear Spot 2004-05-12 Stewart Lee with Richard Thomas (repeat)

and he did a further Clear Spot on the theme of tinnitus, a hearing condition from which he suffers. I haven't got that show though.

DuncanC's list appears to be the rest of SLee's shows as ripped by me.

That's all the shows I know about. I think there might be one or two Family Favourites shows from the entire run which are unaccounted for but I'm not sure when Lee started presenting the show. (It was hosted from 2002-2003 by blues guitarist Billy Jenkins but he gave up to focus on his music, handing over to his frequent guest Pete Sargeant, who then alternated as host with Lee and David Quantick).

If you're building a collection for torrenting, I can put some of those up on one of these newfangled webhosts and leave the rest for whoever else has them? They're on Soulseek, shared by jmarshmallow, at any rate. Have a look in the Cook'd and Bomb'd room.

I would look into a lossless stream-cutter-type program if I was going to be trimming the songs out for copyright reasons, as these are already 128 kbps MP3s and may not stand much re-encoding quality-wise.

jigsaw250

Oh, one more thing: I'm pretty sure the show will return at some point. Resonance has switched to a season-based schedule format, in which some long-running shows take breaks for a few months. Family Favourites is one of them.

Hey TTT

Thanks for these, very cool stuff. I realise it's a bit transparent of me to offer a comment thanking you and then follow it up by asking for more, but what can I tell you, I'm a cunt like that. Any chance you can upload the other shows you have? Also, do you know what that song is that Stew introduces the show with, the "boing boing boing" thing? Cheers.

TTT

Yeah i'll upload more as soon as I don't need my bandwidth for anything else.

Thanks to jigsaw i've now got all of the shows that have been listed in this thread.