Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:11:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Victor Lewis-Smith (The Big Thread)

Started by TJ, June 20, 2006, 11:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

opyty

I'm not sure about the beans but
Quote from: "The Guardian"Mr McKenna argued he had been unwittingly defrauded by the university, and in any case the lack of accreditation did not make his qualification, for which he felt he had worked hard, illegal or invalid. Nevertheless, discovery of the fraud prompted him to take another PhD from a British institution in 2003, which all parties accept is legitimate.
I haven't found any reference to this anywhere else though and after a cursory search couldn't find it in the index to theses. He's a slippery one, that McKenna. I don't trust him.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: "Bean Is A Carrot"Channel 4 News got that wrong, then, didn't they!
No idea, I didn't see Channel 4 News.

quadraspazzed

QuoteThis is an email from 'The Jake Thackray Website' Message: I have just been emailed by Ian Watson with news of the scheduled date for the Jake documentary. "At long last, I am delighted to be able to tell you that the BBC has scheduled Victor Lewis-Smith's TV documentary on Jake Thackray, Jake on the Box. The programme's first transmission will be on BBC 4 at 9pm on Friday 6 October and it will be followed immediately by a further 30-minute programme featuring footage of Jake singing songs which are not included in Jake on the Box. If you like the programme, please tell the BBC and encourage them to repeat it for the benefit of a wider audience on BBC2." Excellent news.

Sheriff John Indolent

Quick VLS question from a relative novice of his stuff. Just finished watching 'TV Offal', which I haven't seen since its transmission, courtesy of t'other place. I enjoy a lot of what he and Paul Sparks do, but that Derek Nimmo late night call thing stands out as being a really dislikable bit of pointlessness. Has he ever spoke about it afterwards? Google seems to yield nothing.