Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:16:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Anybody got their "How Do You Want Me?" DVD yet ?

Started by FanOfKylie, July 03, 2006, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lipsink

What pisses me off is that none of the film magazines (EMPIRE, TOTAL FILM, HOTDOG, UNCUT) bothered giving the DVD a review in their TV Releases sections. Yeah, must save that space for the latest Gervais releases that already take up half of every magazines anyway. No doubt they'll all remark in the next few years that it was a lost classic that never got the attention it deserved.

I watched both series this week, I'd only seen one episode when it was originally aired (I Am Not An Alcoholic) and I became fascinated with the actor playing the headmaster. I think he's probably my favourite character in the show. His pent up twitchiness and his genuinely shocking outbursts ('Be Quiet!!!') are always a joy. Either him or Dean who either baffles you with his idiotic nonsense or terrifies with the constant threat of violence.

It's just like Twin Peaks the way you get totally sucked in to the small community of oddballs. Judging by series 2 it was going the way of investigating more of the other characters other than Ian and Lisa.

I think my favourite episode is Series 3 episode 3. The image of the car on the tree is bloody brilliant. And the ending of the episode on the football pitch is one of those heavenly moments on TV that come along every so often. Just magical.

Anyone else got a favourite character, moment or line?

purlieu

The guy who plays the headmaster is also playing the headmaster in The History Boys I noticed in a trailer yesterday.

lipsink

Love Ian's line from Series 2 Episode 2 about the tyres on the mobile library being let down:

"It's probably some bastard from WH Smith."