Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:16:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

favourite intonation

Started by elderford, February 13, 2004, 02:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepotamo1985

Adam & Joe's American Animation Adventure, episode 1:

Colours are shit!

Thanks for coming along today, all...five of you. You bastards.

DJ One Record

Adam's Ken Korda has loads of great intonations, such as...

"I hate it! Oh, it's brilliant!"

....and...

"Stupid little shit!"

Divnee Gan

Not sure if it's an intonation, or even cruelty, but some of Jimmys stuttering in Sout Park has me in tears. Especially when his voice uncontrollably raises its pitch.

chav

"Tomorrow... take an umbrella with you!"

Kazuo Kiriyama

"Pants first, then trousers"
"Bloody hell"

Pepotamo1985

Quote from: "DJ One Record"
"Stupid little shit!"

You're forgetting "wait until she sees his nipples!" from the same segment.

Angst in my Pants

Wood: There's a pair of shoes in the window...
Walters: <shocked> Is therrrrre?!
--
Fry: It could never really happen. Could it? Could it? Or could it? Perhaps it could. Or COULD it? Goodnight.
--
Saunders: Have you got a credit card?
--
Monica: Does she use the dishes?  Yes, I believe she does!
--
Overall: Oooh, I am pleased!
--
Pegg: Get off me, you bummer!
--
Costanza: <anything he said in Seinfeld, intentionally funny or not>
--
My 13 year old nephew is rapidly becoming a master of intonation.  He's a big Futurama fan (I'm so proud) and often ends his phonecalls "I'll never forget you [MEMORY DELETED]" to my sheer bliss.  He does a mean Zoidberg as well, "You had to bring spines into it!"

Des Nilsen

Edited - damn, not an intonation... sorry.

9jack9

"I am a alien!"

But seriously, that bit in 'Animal House' where the frat house member says, "You mowron" in a Southern states accent. I was reminded of this when watching John Turturro's performance in "The Secret Window" recently. There's something about the Southern (in this case, Tennessee) accent that is inherently comical. Is it the American equivalent of Brummie? Or are they cod- or stage-Southern accents?

RHX

The way Zoidberg says "Gracias" in the When Aliens Attack episode of Futurama never fails to crack me up.

Narshty

"Really, Mr Kralik, you're getting funnier every minute. Why, there are things expressed in these letters that would open your eyes...No, I guess not. They're written by a type of man so far superior to you that it isn't even funny. You know - I have to laugh when I think of you calling me an old maid. You! You insignificant little clerk."

Margaret Sullavan to James Stewart in Ernst Lubitsch's sublime The Shop Around The Corner.

clareQuilty

" oh Nancy  you shouldn't trust pans and you shouldn't trust British people"
Bob Odenkirk  in Mr.Show. I find something innately funny in hearing American people imitating an English accent and Bob Odenkirk has perfect comic intonation.

Pepotamo1985

Neil: "I've told him we haven't got a telly, but it won't hold him forever..."

hallogallo

Alan changing from a very loud voice to a quiet voice during the ABBA medley, and Skinner's "...No." at the end of the Chalmers/Aurora Borealis bit in the Simpsons.

Not Seymour

I'm Alan Partridge Series 2:
"Hello Commuters! With yer computers..."

Alan Re: Bond videos covered in Sunny Delight
"Yeah, they're ruinnned..."

The Day Today:
"...Quiet places like churches.. churches, churches..."

Futurama [When Fry thinks he's a robot]:
Fry: "Fear not, for I shall assist ye!"
Hermes: "Robots don't say 'ye'!"
Fry: "Relax, mammal! My robotic software shall meet your calculatory needs. What is the meaning of this symbol?"
Hermes: "That's a plus sign, you pointy-haired loony! Quit thinking you're a robot!"
Fry [Angry]: "I'll show YE!"

Has to be said, but:
QuoteI HATE Sebastian Coe!
Funny 'cos it's true?

zozman

Black Books is good for this, and particularly the way Bernard questions Manny about his new girlfrind - Roweena?!  Roweena??!!

Brutus Beefcake

But the best bit has to be "and a pickle?".

Key

Quote from: "hallogallo"and Skinner's "...No." at the end of the Chalmers/Aurora Borealis bit in the Simpsons.

The Skinner and Chalmers scenes are among my favorite Simpsons scenes cause you've got Harry Shearer and Hank Azaria trying to out-funny each other by putting subtle deadpan intonations in.

Chalmers (refering to a seriously ill Bart): Seymour, why is that student lying
         unconscious on the floor?
Skinner: Well in many cases, the floor is the best  errr-- ahem. Oh look....

Cupid Stunt

John Sparkes as a posh army Sergeant in Absolutely: "The elly-a-ment of surprise"

The entire language sketch in ABOFAL, particularly "EX-trinsically, EX-trinsically" and "By demagoguery I mean demagoguery..."

"Has Jilly come out of her shed yet?"

That woman in The Producers: "He keeps BOIDS.  Dirty, disgusting, filthy, lice-ridden BOIDS."  And "I'm not a madam - I'm the con-see-oyge!"

Bill Bailey: "...eating tiramisu with a long spoon"

Neville Chamberlain

The way Roy Mallard in People Like Us says "well, look, thank you very much!" to get himself out of a bit of a hole he's dug himself when talking to the photographer's wife.

Mildly Diverting

Rowan Atkinson - Roll Call. More intonation than you can shake a stick at.

Derek Trucks

TDT Ted Maul - "And kill the horses with hammers!"

Zoidberg from Parasites Lost episode - "Smoothing action action action..."

AD GOB - "I killed Earl Milford!"

No mention of Michael Richards?  Anytime when he's pretending to be H.E. Pennypacker or Dr. Van Nordstram.

Charles Charlie Charles

Ted Maul: "The guy's a homo!"

Jemble Fred

"Right now all we need to do is go down the cock fight and back a dead cert with odds of 40, 000 to 1."

"Know you of such a bird?"

"No, my lord... but we could make one."

"No we couldn't, Baldrick..."

Bogey

I've always liked: "Why are you always... such an arse?"

Qunt

Anything said by Iannucci (can't believe no one's mentioned him yet)

Anything said by Alan Johnson in 1st series Peep Show.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Derek Trucks"TDT Ted Maul - "And kill the horses with hammers!"
Oh God yes, and Christopher Morris' introduction to that: "There's been an inFESTation of **HORSES**...".

Quote from: "Mildly Diverting"Rowan Atkinson - Roll Call. More intonation than you can shake a stick at.
Best one yet.

"Put it away, Plectrum."

"Zob."

ziggy starbucks

Quote from: "Suttonpubcrawl""Oh, bloody book!"

a love that bit of brass eye, its always somewhere near the front of my mind

The first scene in There`s Something About Mary when the policeman puts his head through the bathroom window to where Ben Stiller`s character has trapped his pod's.

"What the hell were you thinking?"