Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:53:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Family Guy On BBC 2 Date

Started by supertarn, October 08, 2005, 01:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supertarn

Family Guy Season 4 is coming to BBC 2 Saturday 22nd October at 10.35pm (straight after the American Dad premiere at 10.10pm)

Groovy !

Lee

Mr. Analytical

YES!

Don't know why they haven't thought of this earlier.

They lost the Simpsons, Family Guy seems an obvious replacement (plus compare Family Guy to Simpsons made during the same period and Family Guy's funnier).

The Duck Man

I'd put money on it being moved around.

Mr. Analytical

Of course.  They'll put it on, be shocked that it doesn't take 7 million viewers and then shift it further and further back in favour of something rubbish.

It's like when C4 decided to put back the West Wing in order to screen an important rerun of Father Ted.

supertarn

QuoteOf course. They'll put it on, be shocked that it doesn't take 7 million viewers and then shift it further and further back in favour of something rubbish.

True , but i recon it has a chance of being a big hit on BBC2 , Family Guy's popularity is regularly going up in the Uk now .

For example I ended up having a conversation about the show with some staff in my local HMV after buying the 'stewie in your pocket'.

supertarn

QuoteOf course. They'll put it on, be shocked that it doesn't take 7 million viewers and then shift it further and further back in favour of something rubbish.

True , but i recon it has a chance of being a big hit on BBC2 , Family Guy's popularity is regularly going up in the Uk now .

For example I ended up having a conversation about the show with some staff in my local HMV after buying the 'stewie in your pocket'.

lazyhour

American Dad is coming to BBC2?  Wow, that's brilliant!  Interesting that they are leading with that, and not Family Guy, isn't it?

supertarn

QuoteAmerican Dad is coming to BBC2? Wow, that's brilliant! Interesting that they are leading with that, and not Family Guy, isn't it?

Yup , They both form a new comedy line up on BBC2 Saturday night , Followed by Ideal and Have i got news for you reruns.

lazyhour

Blimey, thanks for the heads up!

Neil

Season 4 is the new season then, is that right?  Great, it takes me forever to get through DVD's, I'd rather watch stufflike this on the telly. Didn't keep up with American Dad either, so that's further good news.

slim

It's season 5 in the US now.

Neil

Ahh right, well there are still quite a few Family Guys I've not seen, and it's very rewatchable anyway.  Didn't catch every episode of Ideal either, looking forward to seeing that again fromthe start!

lazyhour

Well, there's debate, isn't there?  I think the consensus is that the shows showing now should be a continuation of the episodes shown earlier this year (season 4), as only about 10 or so of them were shown before the show took a big break.  Instead, Fox are calling this season 5.  So we'll end up with two seasons of, say, 12 shows, adding up to one regular-length American season.

BeardFaceMan

It's still season 4, they just do that weird thing of having a break mid-season, like South Park does. American Dad is still season 1 too, despite how the torrents are named. It's certainly a strange way of doing things.

Neil

Oh, so the Season 4 we'll be getting will be the come-back season... right, I get it now.  That is weird.  American shows periodically have big breaks because of ratings sweeps, but I'msure the shows usually just end up as one season.  Could they be breaking them up like this in order to make more DVD money?  I mean, it's the DVD money that brought Family Guy back in the first place.

slim

Oh right.

I thought season 4 (or rather the first half of) was pretty poor by FG standards. It's picked up again now though.

chand

So it's up against Match Of The Day? Even as a huge Family Guy fan, having downloaded the torrents and knowing I'll be shelling out for the DVDs, I'll probably be watching MOTD.

Darrell

I'm waiting for this on the 29th November

£17.99 from PlayUSA - 4.1 through to 4.11 (up to just before The Untold Story) with a load of lovely extras. Volume Four due in the New Year.

Brutus Beefcake

Quote from: "Mr. Analytical"lost the Simpsons, Family Guy seems an obvious replacement (plus compare Family Guy to Simpsons made during the same period and Family Guy's funnier).

I'm as happy about this news as the rest of you, but I'm going to have to disagree with you most strongly here.

Morgan

That's cheered me up no end, fucking excellent news - I haven't seen any of American Dad either so that'll be interesting.  It doesn't really matter that it's up against MOTD because I imagine I'll be videoing all of Family Guy anyway.  Fab.

Dark Sky

Quote from: "Neil"Oh, so the Season 4 we'll be getting will be the come-back season... right, I get it now.  That is weird.  American shows periodically have big breaks because of ratings sweeps, but I'msure the shows usually just end up as one season.  Could they be breaking them up like this in order to make more DVD money?  I mean, it's the DVD money that brought Family Guy back in the first place.

Well...I think they usually release the DVDs via production seasons rather than broadcast seasons...

So, for example, Futurama had five distinct seasons when broadcast in the US, but actually had only four production seasons.  When they released the DVDs in Europe (and later the US) they released them via the production seasons.

It almost meant that some episodes were released on DVD in Europe in the season three boxset before they had actually been broadcast on TV in the US as part of the fifth season.  (But not quite, as it turned out.)  It also meant that Fox were able to quash outcries at the non-renewal of Futurama by saying "but Futurama's not cancelled!  ITs fifth season starts next month with brand new episodes!!  Stop whinging you ungrateful little primates!!!"

Derek Trucks

The latest issue of MAD magazine has a FG meets Simpsons story, quite funny but sad that they're jumping on the US "Family Guy is hackey" bandwagon.

Little Hoover

Quote from: "Brutus Beefcake"
Quote from: "Mr. Analytical"lost the Simpsons, Family Guy seems an obvious replacement (plus compare Family Guy to Simpsons made during the same period and Family Guy's funnier).

I'm as happy about this news as the rest of you, but I'm going to have to disagree with you most strongly here.

I'm not the biggest family guy fan, but I'm pretty sure it was being made the same time as 10-12 of the Simpsons, probably the worst in the show's run.

unless he meant s1-3 of family guy is better than 1-3 of simpsons in which case I strongly disagree.

Brutus Beefcake

Sorry I think I misread him, been having a few beers.

Lee

Little Hoover

this is all channel 4's fault.

supertarn

Its all an Confused mess at the moment , the advert on BBC 2 shows clips from Series 4 , and they have bought series 4 . But all the listings say series 3 episode 1.

I recon the bbc are showing only a bit of series 3 to grow an audience for series 4.

Godzilla Bankrolls

I should hope so - Season 4 really is quite bad, and relies heavily on crowbarred back-references and repeated jokes. How many times have they used the 'man unexpectedly beats up woman' gag so far?

supertarn

QuoteSeason 4 really is quite bad, and relies heavily on crowbarred back-references and repeated jokes. How many times have they used the 'man unexpectedly beats up woman' gag so far?

Ive seen 5 episodes of season 4, and so far my opinion is that  its nowhere near as good as seasons 1-2 , but its certainly on par with season 3 which ranged in quality.

North by north Quohog in particular is very funny.