Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:22:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Traitors UK (Series 2)

Started by Ja'moke, January 03, 2024, 04:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thr0b

Quote from: Beagle 2 on January 11, 2024, 01:38:49 PMYeah, I feel like I can see most of the joins but I was wondering about the interviews last night. Were they plucking them out of the dungeon to record them during the day? Or are they even staged after the event after watching back the recording? It's definitely a show I would love to see behind the scenes of. How do they manage to smuggle the traitors away from their rooms without being seen or heard? I assume they all have their phones and could be merrily searching for info on the other contestants' backgrounds whilst they're in there. 

Well, we know that there are security guards at the hotel they stay at, so I think leaving the rooms isn't an option. Simplest way to do it would be to have the production staff knock on everyone's door at the same time for a chat while whisking off the Traitors under cover of the general noise.

I also suspect the Traitors' lair is a set somewhere close to the hotel.

Enchilada

I have a bit of info about how the filming works from a friend of a friend. Apparently they all stay in different hotels and self-catering places in the locality of the castle. They are driven back and forth in cars in the same groups of 2 or 3 every time.

In the morning, when they first arrive at the castle, they're held in separate rooms in their car groups. They get taken out indivially to get mic'd up and also to do interviews to camera and talk to producers - that's the stage at which the person who has been murdered finds out that they've been murdered. When they all come into the "breakfast" room, it's closer to midday by the time they've done all that stuff. Not sure when the traitors actually meet though (maybe also in the morning?) or how they did it with the prison thing.

notjosh

I've been thinking a lot about what my strategy would be as a Faithful. I'm guessing you're not allowed to do a Nasty Nick and take a pencil into the house, but I'm sure you could have something back at your room. So I would train myself on memory techniques before the show and then jot down and matriculate the following information every night:
- Who brought up which names at the roundtable, and who they ultimately voted for (look for people acting inconsistently)
- Whose was the last accusation to be revealed (when a traitor is banished, it has often been a fellow traiter who is given the final kill)
- Who turns up last at breakfast everyday (as mentioned elsewhere, the last people in are usually Faithfuls that had been at risk of being murdered)

I would also watch and make notes on every foreign version of the show to identify any common tells, such as:
- Anyone at the roundtable saying things like "you need to look in another direction" or "I think it's going to be a quiet person" but backing away from naming any real names (traitor)
- Someone shocked and dumbstruck to have been accused at the roundable (traitor that's just been betrayed by another traitor)

With this information, I would try to identify and befriend traitors early doors, and carefully deflect away from them towards other suspicious targets so that they would keep me on as a "useful idiot". Outside of that I would act like a loveable fool, constantly bewildered by the machinations of the show, but insisting that I am "100% faithful" and always absolutely great craic to have in the castle.

I am 100% sure that I would be successful in this approach.

Until you have protected that group to a numerical advantage and you are no longer useful as their pet.

notjosh

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on January 11, 2024, 04:25:02 PMUntil you have protected that group to a numerical advantage and you are no longer useful as their pet.

At that point, the traitors would get greedy and turn on each other and I would simply stand back and watch, Yojimbo style

amateur

Quote from: Beagle 2 on January 11, 2024, 01:38:49 PMHow do they manage to smuggle the traitors away from their rooms without being seen or heard?

A brilliant question that we were asking last night. They can't all be in separate places, so we reckon they must have some kind of rooms locked, music on protocol between certain hours.

I reckon part of the game is respecting the artifice e.g. not cheating by doing the above.

EDIT: didn't see the answers above, desolation

Beagle 2

Quote from: Enchilada on January 11, 2024, 03:46:19 PMI have a bit of info about how the filming works from a friend of a friend. Apparently they all stay in different hotels and self-catering places in the locality of the castle. They are driven back and forth in cars in the same groups of 2 or 3 every time.

In the morning, when they first arrive at the castle, they're held in separate rooms in their car groups. They get taken out indivially to get mic'd up and also to do interviews to camera and talk to producers - that's the stage at which the person who has been murdered finds out that they've been murdered. When they all come into the "breakfast" room, it's closer to midday by the time they've done all that stuff. Not sure when the traitors actually meet though (maybe also in the morning?) or how they did it with the prison thing.

Cheers mate, show ruined for me now (thanks - very interesting!).

Rolf Lundgren

I do wonder what the option is if a caught traitor in their farewell speech tells everyone who the other traitors are. I'm guessing this Traitor Oath is a fancy way of saying legal disclaimer and you will be sued if you balls this up for us. The only option for the producers would be to reset who the traitors are from that point onwards.

amateur

If you think they're a traitor, write it on your slater

DrGreggles

Quote from: Rolf Lundgren on January 11, 2024, 07:58:23 PMI do wonder what the option is if a caught traitor in their farewell speech tells everyone who the other traitors are.

Watch series 1

I do enjoy how saying you're 100 per cent a Faithful is somehow taken at face value, as if you'd get caught out by accidentally saying 99 per cent or less.

It says something about the UK character how genuinely dismayed people are to learn that others are capable of lying in a gameshow with thousands of pounds at stake. Similarly they keep voting for people they simply don't like rather than who is most likely to be a traitor.

amateur

Ultimately everyone that gets voted out gets a Faithful closer to the end, where they might have a better chance of working out who the Traitors actually are.

At this stage just staying in the game is probably the safest course, so doesn't really matter who goes as long as it isn't them.

pigamus

They should bring back that gay bloke, the really really horrible one

Minami Minegishi

Does this series have the kind of drama, suspense and interest to sustain a weekly format?

I know they want to milk the maximum out of the water cooler, word of mouth stuff but I stopped thinking about this about an hour after the show ended.

I wonder if it is me or they haven't quite managed to bottle the magic this time around. It isn't helped by Paul's knowing, arch villain schtick.

Edit: oh! Episode 5 is up on the iPlayer. I'm so confused about how this is being broadcast.

Poobum

It's daily now. Episode 6 is tonight.

amateur

It's on every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

The first three all went up on iPlayer at once, which has added some confusion, but was a smart move.

Queen Peach

I've heard it's on every night from here on out

Led Souptin

Fucking he'll you've gotta feel sorry for Meg. Everyone GUTTED when they thought she was gonna turn up at breakfast. They all talked about her like she was an absolute loser.

kalowski

What the fuck was that slo mo of the woman in the bath? Little glimpse of saucy cleavage! Bizarre.

amateur

Ja'moke

Jazz almost onto Paul and Harry now. I hope he manages to actually get some numbers on his side.

WhoMe

I hope the edit is hinting at Jaz staying the course and blatting off a traitor or two along the way, seems to be the only one with half a clue what's going on and his backstory reveal may have won him some protection since people know him and Paul are at loggerheads. Currently though if he explains how Paul slipped up in their one to one conversation at a roundtable there are too many people who will just rationalise it away on Paul's behalf.

This game would drive me fucking mad.

Snrub

Yeah Jaz has got it figured and he's played it smart in tonight's episode - although hilarious he's twice this week said he thinks Paul is a traitor and then immediately voted for someone else entirely. Part of his gameplay perhaps

I think Paul has fucked up big time revealing what Harry told him, not just for him but for Harry. I don't think anyone at all is on to Harry or Miles before now but I can't see Paul surviving to the end at the moment.

I also would be going nuts that nobody has quite delved enough into that logic of him surviving over Meg in the dungeon.

Ant another casualty of kind of having a brainfart at the roundtable. If he hadn't had snapped "are you finished" he might have survived

WhoMe

I'd have voted Ant out if he kept staring at me like that to be fair

Beagle 2

The scheduling has really pissed me off, there's so little communal live TV worth tuning in for now but they're still fucking around with it as much as possible so everyone's watching it at different stages.

Rooting for Jaz now, lovely stuff seeing him shake Paul's hand and letting him go off all smug in the knowledge that he has his number. He just needs to sit tight and follow the herd until the best time to attack, which might even be at the very end.

imitationleather

With Ant, I just kept wondering if Chess Coach is really a job someone can earn a living from or if it was an Andrew Tate macho thing.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Beagle 2 on January 13, 2024, 12:22:10 AMRooting for Jaz now, lovely stuff seeing him shake Paul's hand and letting him go off all smug in the knowledge that he has his number. He just needs to sit tight and follow the herd until the best time to attack, which might even be at the very end.

I think that's the best strategy. If you can figure out who a traitor is, do something to make sure they'll never murder you (either because it'll look suspicious on them or because they think you're an ally) and just follow the herd until it's down to the last few and then boot the traitor.

I would have voted to get rid of Ant just because his manner is so abrasive that I'd find him unpleasant to be around.

kalowski

Quote from: imitationleather on January 13, 2024, 01:20:32 AMWith Ant, I just kept wondering if Chess Coach is really a job someone can earn a living from or if it was an Andrew Tate macho thing.
I can't imagine him playing chess. He'd be yelling, "Are you taking my bishop? Are you???'