Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:09:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2017/18

Started by Gurke and Hare, June 20, 2017, 10:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Sevilla fucking shithouse bastards.

Did Real seriously get a penalty right at the death?

im barry bethel

Book the cunt for taking his shirt off

finnquark

BlodwynPig

Quote from: im barry bethel on April 11, 2018, 09:41:21 PM
Book the cunt for taking his shirt off

exactly. the least the fucking Oliver can do.

BlodwynPig

Ronaldo (Pen 90) is one hell of a player.

Norton Canes

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 11, 2018, 09:38:41 PM
Disgrace
ful of Juve to give away a penalty in the last minute eh.

DrGreggles

Thought it was a clear penalty initially but, after seeing a replay, it looked like the RM player was on his way down before the defender got there.
Not that UEFA would want Madrid and Barca out before the semis... #tinhat

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Norton Canes on April 11, 2018, 09:45:09 PM
ful of Juve to give away a penalty in the last minute eh.

Fuck that, its a story as old as time (as old as Ronaldo playing for the club). Last minute penalty every fucking time.

Hysteria from the Madrid fans. You basically got battered and scraped through with a dubious penalty.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 11, 2018, 09:48:48 PM
Thought it was a clear penalty initially but, after seeing a replay, it looked like the RM player was on his way down before the defender got there.
Not that UEFA would want Madrid and Barca out before the semis... #tinhat

Its the first game I've seen Madrid play for years and there were so many floppy dives around the pitch. Asencio could have scored if he wasn't trying to win that penalty.

slicesofjim

Imagine being a Real Madrid fan, what an utterly pathetic existence.

DrGreggles

They had similar fortune last season v Bayern.
Didn't they have 2 or 3 offside goals in the tie?

rue the polywhirl

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 11, 2018, 09:43:59 PM
Ronaldo (Pen 90) is one hell of a player.

BT Sport panel very erotically charged as all the pundits are falling weak at the knees at every clip or even at the thought of Ronaldo taking his shirt off. "I've never seen anything like it, Clive. What a physique!"

bgmnts

They're still 15 points off Barca in the league though. Zidane has proper fucked them.

jobotic

Like Franco was still alive.

Norton Canes

Moggi would never have let that happen.

imitationleather

Apparently Buffon told Michael Oliver "Go take a shit!" Is that supposed to be offensive? I bloody love having a shit, me.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: imitationleather on April 11, 2018, 10:49:30 PM
Apparently Buffon told Michael Oliver "Go take a shit!" Is that supposed to be offensive? I bloody love having a shit, me.

zidane's revenge

imitationleather

Buffon also said in his post-match interview "The referee has a trash-can for a heart." I bloody love hearts, me.

bgmnts

Just saw the highlights and i know plenty will say thats a pen i am having none of it. Absolute cunt is Oliver. Poor Gigi.

I hope we get Real Madrid and absolutely bum 'em just to watch Ronalod cry in front of millions of people. He's such a twat.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: imitationleather on April 11, 2018, 10:49:30 PM

Could be lost in translation. Maybe he intimated that Oliver had shit in his pants, or was in the process of shitting in his pants, or might shit in his pants later if he hadn't awarded a penalty to Madrid. The act of shitting in pants is not important in itself, rather the insinuation by the player that the pants were subsequently shat in for footballing reasons.

GMTV

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on April 11, 2018, 11:07:29 PM
Could be lost in translation. Maybe he intimated that Oliver had shit in his pants, or was in the process of shitting in his pants, or might shit in his pants later if he hadn't awarded a penalty to Madrid. The act of shitting in pants is not important in itself, rather the insinuation by the player that the pants were subsequently shat in for footballing reasons.

Exactly why we need VAR

monolith

Only just got round to seeing the Kane/Eriksen disputed goal.

Is there a better angle which conclusively proves Kane didn't hit it? From the highlight video I saw it seems like a fairly reasonable possibility that it brushed his shoulder yet the entire internet seems 100% convinced that he was no where near it.

imitationleather

As a biased Tottenham shill it looks to me like he hit it, and I've really got no reason to think he didn't.

The army of people commenting on every single social media post about this, let's face it, non-issue, is pretty staggering. You get more measured responses on posts criticising Israel. I was initially against the appeal but now I've seen how much it has pissed everyone off I am extremely glad he insisted on it.

phantom_power

Quote from: bgmnts on April 11, 2018, 11:03:25 PM
Just saw the highlights and i know plenty will say thats a pen i am having none of it. Absolute cunt is Oliver. Poor Gigi.

Whether it was or wasn't a penalty is uncertain I think. What I believe is certain I know is that it is quite reasonable for Oliver to think it was a penalty give the angle and being able to see it once. If there is this much argument with all the replays then it must be a borderline decision.

The person to blame I think is the Juve manager for not making any substitutions and forcing a knackered team to drop further and further back

BlodwynPig

Quote from: imitationleather on April 12, 2018, 02:37:49 PM
As a biased Tottenham shill it looks to me like he hit it, and I've really got no reason to think he didn't.

The army of people commenting on every single social media post about this, let's face it, non-issue, is pretty staggering. You get more measured responses on posts criticising Israel. I was initially against the appeal but now I've seen how much it has pissed everyone off I am extremely glad he insisted on it.

Did he THRIKE IT!? I would be keen to know if he NUDGED IT!? Or did the ball just GRAZE HIM!?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: phantom_power on April 12, 2018, 03:09:00 PM
Whether it was or wasn't a penalty is uncertain I think. What I believe is certain I know is that it is quite reasonable for Oliver to think it was a penalty give the angle and being able to see it once. If there is this much argument with all the replays then it must be a borderline decision.

The person to blame I think is the Juve manager for not making any substitutions and forcing a knackered team to drop further and further back

and Juve for not realising this is how RM get out of jail, time and time again.

imitationleather

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 12, 2018, 03:12:25 PM
Did he THRIKE IT!? I would be keen to know if he NUDGED IT!? Or did the ball just GRAZE HIM!?

If they would just do analysis on his shirt they will definitely find pig bladder DNA on the shoulder section.

Utter Shit

It doesn't look to me like Kane gets a touch.

Either way, no one is coming out of this well - Kane looks like a dick for appealing it, Salah looks like a dick for being annoyed by it, fans of both sides (particularly Liverpool's, as you'd expect) look like dicks for making such an enormous fuss over it, every single Twitter account that is now grasping for likes with rubbish "Kane has tried to claim [thing it would be difficult and unlikely for him to claim]" look like dicks simply because they are run by dicks. At least Eriksen has come out of it well by not seeming to give much of a shit either way.

Utter Shit

Also that is 100% a foul in the Madrid game. Benatia did well to make it subtle enough that there's even an argument, but he pushed him over two yards from goal. Clear penalty. Buffon was rightly sent off, the only mistake Oliver made IMO was in not sending Benatia off as well.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Utter Shit on April 12, 2018, 03:18:57 PM
Also that is 100% a foul in the Madrid game. Benatia did well to make it subtle enough that there's even an argument, but he pushed him over two yards from goal. Clear penalty. Buffon was rightly sent off, the only mistake Oliver made IMO was in not sending Benatia off as well.

There was no push (why would you do that?), a sprinkle of fingers at most, the leg wrapped around his thigh was more of a foul. Vasquez definitely knew what he was doing, but as pointed out, Juve should know the form of Ronaldo Pen 90.