Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:36:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2017/18

Started by Gurke and Hare, June 20, 2017, 10:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Utter Shit

I don't think Vasquez did know what he was doing, he just bottled the header. There's no way he was looking for a penalty there, it wouldn't make sense to look for a penalty when you're two yards out. Benatia pushed him over.

phantom_power

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 12, 2018, 03:13:05 PM
and Juve for not realising this is how RM get out of jail, time and time again.

It is a bit silly saying that after Juve gave them that card. There is no grand conspiracy. It was a reasonable penalty to give

imitationleather

Quote from: phantom_power on April 12, 2018, 03:47:37 PM
It is a bit silly saying that after Juve gave them that card. There is no grand conspiracy. It was a reasonable penalty to give

Yeah. It's understandable for Juventus fans to feel aggreived, everyone does after losing in that manner. However, the penalty decision and the red card were correct. I don't disagree that Real get favourable decisions to the extent that a lot of matches involving them are borderline unwatchable, but when they actually get fouled it has to be a foul. Juventus weren't a plucky underdog who've never had referees favour them before anyway.

bgmnts

The Harry Kane thing is quite funny. I dont think stuff like that is going to endear him to the football world.

Wonder what Christian Eriksen makes of it.

Also i concur the red card was correct. Was a bit surprised Ederson didnt get at least a booking on Tuesday for visibly pushing Mane numerous times. I dont really understand the rules anymore though.

phantom_power

I doubt the "powers that be" are that bothered if Real or Juve progressed. They are both big hitters

jobotic

"I swear on my daughter's life it touched me". What a plum.

Utter Shit

Quote from: bgmnts on April 12, 2018, 04:08:27 PM
Also i concur the red card was correct. Was a bit surprised Ederson didnt get at least a booking on Tuesday for visibly pushing Mane numerous times. I dont really understand the rules anymore though.
I didn't understand the booking for Mane in that incident. It seemed clear to me that he just slipped, but depending on your view of that element it was either a straight red for a very dangerous tackle, or an accident and therefore no card at all. The one thing it definitely wasn't was a yellow.

bgmnts

Quote from: Utter Shit on April 12, 2018, 04:33:45 PM
I didn't understand the booking for Mane in that incident. It seemed clear to me that he just slipped, but depending on your view of that element it was either a straight red for a very dangerous tackle, or an accident and therefore no card at all. The one thing it definitely wasn't was a yellow.

Agreed.

I often wonder if refs just disregard the rules and just try to keep people happy.

imitationleather

Phew. Now we can get on with our lives.

QuoteDaniel Sturridge still claiming Philippe Coutinho goal as he targets 100 for Liverpool

Daniel Sturridge is already targeting his second 50 goals for Liverpool - starting with one of Philippe Coutinho's.

The England striker brought up his half-century on his 87th appearance as Liverpool thumped Everton 4-0 in Wednesday's Merseyside derby.

Sturridge also claimed the Reds' fourth goal after Coutinho's shot took the slightest nick off him on its way in, and he is in no mood to relinquish that claim as he sets his sights on the next landmark.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10252982/daniel-sturridge-still-claiming-philippe-coutinho-goal-as-he-targets-100-for-liverpool

bgmnts

Game changer if he gets that awarded.

Deanjam

Can I claim all of Gary Lineker's England goals? At least one of the four vs Malaysia, surely.

phantom_power

Quote from: Utter Shit on April 12, 2018, 04:33:45 PM

I think it is easy to see that from a replay but on initial viewing it seemed like a clumsy, cynical foul that was a textbook yellow

BlodwynPig

Quote from: phantom_power on April 12, 2018, 03:47:37 PM

Can I not exert a bit of hyperbole on a football thread? Especially as its Ronaldogod.

phantom_power

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 12, 2018, 06:25:44 PM
Can I not exert a bit of hyperbole on a football thread? Especially as its Ronaldogod.

I am sure a more appropriate occasion will arise

You may hate him but the fucker has balls of steel. He was kept hanging around for ages to take that penalty and still managed to thunderbastard it right in the corner

BlodwynPig

Quote from: phantom_power on April 12, 2018, 06:38:53 PM

You may hate him but the fucker has balls of steel. He was kept hanging around for ages to take that penalty and still managed to thunderbastard it right in the corner

I would expect nothing less, the supreme ego means he has no nerves. Even Zidane vomited on a penalty spot. This guy only has glory on his mind. Narcissistic (but talented) bastardo.

bgmnts

Precisely. As soon as the whistle blew for the pen and the fracas was happening, Ronnie was already visualising himself with his shirt off and doing a pose in front of the roaring crowd. Or in the mirror, I dont know what exactly he sees.

Osmium

Quote from: bgmnts on April 12, 2018, 04:08:27 PMWas a bit surprised Ederson didnt get at least a booking on Tuesday for visibly pushing Mane numerous times.

He did.

bgmnts

Quote from: Osmium on April 12, 2018, 07:20:22 PM
He did.

Did he? Watching on a piss poor myp2p stream, can barely make out what goes on half the time on them. Missed the second goal completely. I saw a huddle and Mane get a booking but thats it.

asids

Found this clip of Richard Keys talking about Kyle Walker using 'hippy crack' from a few years ago and hilarity ensues when he starts reading off a piece of paper describing the dangers, like something out of the Brass Eye Drugs episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfGGj4zxaZY

"It's laughing gas!"

"Well, it wasn't a laughing matter when Daniel Watts became the first man at age 23 to die..."

DrGreggles

Two thirds of Arsenal's 1st leg lead gone with 35 minutes to go.
You know what they say*, "3 goals is a dangerous lead".

*this week

bgmnts

Sporting beating Athletico Madrid and Marseille smashing Leipzig are unexpected results.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on April 12, 2018, 09:59:50 PM
Sporting beating Athletico Madrid and Marseille smashing Leipzig are unexpected results.

Marseille are without Desailly and Papin but are a decent side these days.

bgmnts

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 12, 2018, 11:23:36 PM
Marseille are without Desailly and Papin but are a decent side these days.

Aye but 5-2? Thought Leipzig were a better side than that from what little i've seen of them.

It was a bit of a mental game though in fairness and Payet was on fire.

Large Noise

Marseille- Leipzig was a brilliant game. Quality goals, evenly matched teams and the tempo was frantic. Best game I've seen in ages.

Ferris

Quote from: Large Noise on April 12, 2018, 11:36:51 PM
Marseille- Leipzig was a brilliant game. Quality goals, evenly matched teams and the tempo was frantic. Best game I've seen in ages.

Did you not watch Villa beat Leeds the other day?

bgmnts

Speaking of dross here is a bit of rare Championship magic from Ruben Neves.

https://youtu.be/FIpjxY6flUM

Squink

Quote from: phantom_power on April 12, 2018, 06:38:53 PM

Did whoever is in charge of the Ronalado account forget the password or something? Crying out for a post after last night's display.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: bgmnts on April 13, 2018, 12:34:58 AM
Speaking of dross here is a bit of rare Championship magic from Ruben Neves.

https://youtu.be/FIpjxY6flUM

Ooooooooohhh

DrGreggles

Liverpool v Roma then.

Oddly disappointed by the supposed 'easy draw'. Was hoping for Bayern.

bgmnts

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 13, 2018, 01:24:35 PM
Liverpool v Roma then.

Oddly disappointed by the supposed 'easy draw'. Was hoping for Bayern.

Bumming Bayern in the final would be the best. Plus beating Bayern is Klopp's speciality.

Providing we get past Roma. Something about playing them shits me up worse than the other two.