Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:11:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Minecraft meets Team Fortress

Started by Dusty Gozongas, February 23, 2012, 12:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty Gozongas

Don't see any mention of this, so apologies if I'm being blind.

I'm talking 'bout Ace of Spades. If you like a bit of FPS and a bit of digging/building and tactical manoeuvrings, this could be the one for you. Haven't been able to drag meself away for barely a minute since discovering it last night.

http://www.ace-spades.com/

Ported version of the latest release for Mackintosh here.

Very possibly works under Wine on your Linux box, but haven't tried as yet.

Give it a go. You might love it.

Obel

It's a wicked game for sure, although I preferred it when rifles were the only gun in the game.

Beautiful thing about it is that it runs on virtually anything.

mook

that looks like the bollocks. when i've drank this hangover to submission, i'm gonna have at it.

WesterlyWinds

I'll download it later when I get back home. Tell me when you have mook, too, so I can try and shoot you repeatedly in the face.

Slaaaaabs

Quote from: Dusty Gozongas on February 23, 2012, 12:12:21 AM
Don't see any mention of this, so apologies if I'm being blind.

I'm talking 'bout Ace of Spades. If you like a bit of FPS and a bit of digging/building and tactical manoeuvrings, this could be the one for you. Haven't been able to drag meself away for barely a minute since discovering it last night.

http://www.ace-spades.com/

Ported version of the latest release for Mackintosh here.

Very possibly works under Wine on your Linux box, but haven't tried as yet.

Give it a go. You might love it.

Neomod

frustrating and i'm sure some of the other players have hacked it. I was continuously getting hit with headshots. Then again I could be shit.[nb]more likely[/nb]

Dusty Gozongas

Yeah, same here re: lack of headshot ability. I also agree with the suspicion of more than a few aimbot users.  That said though, I introduced the girlfriend's son to it and he's got the headshot knack without artificial aids, so I have to try to be fair when judging why I'm a bit lame in that department.

Check out the votekick section in the wiki though. Obvious cheaters can be dealt with automatically.

Neomod

I'm getting better. Infiltrating behind enemy lines and digging in to take out unsuspecting enemies vietcong style.

Dusty Gozongas

Stella fueled antics tonight. 6 vs. 1 and the tunneling won the single-handed flag-capture game.  I'm well addicted to this :-)

Neomod

The Mujahideen firing of weapons skywards when your team wins always cracks me up on this. Anyone else still playing?