Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:47:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

This is England '90

Started by BritishHobo, July 30, 2015, 07:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daf

Quote from: wooders1978 on September 29, 2015, 11:51:26 AM
Shaun will be raped by his photography tutor

While The Moustache Brothers are glimpsed out the window doing 'Little Fish, Big Fish, Cardboard Box' to a car alarm.

Custard

Woody will resolve everything, then come out of his coma, back to 2006.

In 2006, all his friends are dead.

up_the_hampipe

All the differences and issues will be settled. They will have a lovely party at Woody and Lol's house. Woody looks on happily and puts a spinning top on the table. There's a slight wobble. Is this all a dream?

hewantstolurkatad

It's going to end with the reveal that Woody's son is Eli Dingle, allowing the opportunity for characters from each show to pop up in the other.

Spiral King

Mick will burst out of his grave, zombie-style, and devour the entire main cast, just so Meadows can justify hiring Johnny Harris for the final episode.

neardark

Shaun's mum shoots Combo with a sniper rifle for no reason.

neardark

Kelly's convinced Gadget that her family are all in the wrong and Lol's a terrible person for killing her dad and stuff hasn't she? So, maybe what will happen is that Kelly will die of an overdose and because Gadget loved her he'll lash out at her family. Combo will get physically aggressive to defend Lol and then coincidentally Milky and his guys will turn up to batter him.

Probably something like that or maybe Shaun or Woody will die or something.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Combo sits on a pin and everyone laughs.

wooders1978

In a sub plot Shaun's step dad gets the boys in to kick Shaun's head in for calling him a p**i all them years ago

non capisco

Gadget kills a White Walker.

Custard

Only just noticed that the quieter one of the tash brothers is Pod in Game Of Thrones

So he will bum a white walker, or something

Buttress

TIS INGLIND '15

The 'gang' are back and geriatric-as-ever. Our non-nazi multicultural fascists return to get a roight punch on with the English Defence Lunatics (Ha instead of 'league' we step right over the PC tossers who would have them use less descriptive terms). Most of them are government employees or[nb]and[/nb] homeless. Obviously.

THS ENGLND '98x (2098)

The 'gang' are pry-o-genetically conserved embryants flitting away the days in telepathic virtual midlands where everything is still that hallowed era: 1984-1991, but the gang is in control of everything (a private reality, if you will). It plays out a bit grim and many of them find themselves to be genocidal maniacs at heart. Always the way.

Goldentony

Combo wakes up next to Jane Kaczmarek and tells her had a strange dream

Gulftastic

Milky slaps a sharpshooter on Combo, and before Combo can counter, Woody calls for the bell, declaring Milky the winner.

Combo decks Woody backstage.

Custard

In the very last seconds of the final episode, someone, anyone in the gang finally notices Meggsy (Perry Benson) vanished back in 86 and hasn't been seen since

Bobby Treetops

Quote from: Shameless Custard on October 01, 2015, 09:15:04 AM
In the very last seconds of the final episode, someone, anyone in the gang finally notices Meggsy (Perry Benson) vanished back in 86 and hasn't been seen since

QuoteMeggy does not appear in This is England '88. Producer Mark Herbert tweeted that this was because the character apparently 'died taking a dump' off-screen in 1987.

Custard

Bobby Treetops

He joins the likes of

Elvis[nb]Obviously[/nb]
Lenny Bruce [nb]OD while sat on the toilet, no record if he was taking a shit at the time[/nb]
King Wenceslaus III of Bohemia [nb]Murdered by a spear, mid-dump[/nb]
George II [nb]
QuoteHis German valet de chambre in waiting heard a noise, and running in, found the King dead on the floor
[/nb]
Christopher Shale - Tory MP [nb]At Glastonbury of all places[/nb]

ian01604

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on September 14, 2015, 06:13:49 PM
Somebody (one can only assume it's Shane Meadows himself) has taken it upon themselves to put the meat on the bones of what happened to Banjo between '83 and '86 over on the This is England Wikia:

"After Combo left, he became a changed man, and joined the gang and became their friend, being a friendly and nice man."

http://thisisenglandpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Banjo

(I found his and Meggy's acceptance into the group again a bit jarring at first, but now I actually quite like how it was left unexplained. I think not mentioning it at all and leaving it to the viewers' imaginations was a better option than ramming in some awkward lines about how they all came to be mates again.)

I found meggy and banjo's presence in 86 particularly unrealistic. It just feels as though Meadows likes certain actors (which is understandable as the cast are all pretty good) and wanted to use them again whether it fitted in to the story line or not. Harvey joining the gang and Shawn's mum getting together with Mr Sandhu stank of this too although it works. I just knew they'd find a reason to crowbar the Irish nurse from This Is England 88 in to it and there she was at the barbecue and the Sunday dinner where Lol comes clean!

The Meggy and Banjo thing makes Milky's attitude towards the prospect of Combo returning in episode 3 particularly inconsistent when you consider he was palling around with the two nf men turned comedy double act in 1986. Didn't Banjo want to beat the shit out Milky's bloodied unconscious body after Combo had nearly killed him in the film? Combo turning on Banjo should have been the last we saw of that character and would have been a realistic end.

Brundle-Fly

Sixth page from This Is England, 86 CAB thread from XMAS 2010.  Blimey.

http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,24549.msg1410181.html#msg1410181

Some quotes predicting This Is England' 88/ 90 

They've done racism and rape so I reckon This Is England '90 will be about E dealing.  A male character will be raped at a rave.

I imagine this will be quite a fun, festive affair and will only contain a couple of light-hearted sexual assaults

And Gadget will be wearing a bandana and smiley T-shirt. Probably

Um. After seeing Twins in the cinema they all rape each other while listening to Bros.

wooders1978

This Stephen graham chap seems quite good at acting

up_the_hampipe

Bugger me, the acting between Milky and Combo was excellent.

Why is everyone being a cunt to Gadget?

imitationleather

Quote from: wooders1978 on October 04, 2015, 10:00:19 PM
This Stephen graham chap seems quite good at acting

Man in This is England '90 caught acting well shocka!

thugler

Fucking hell, that Milky/Combo scene was bleak as fuck. I couldn't let myself believe he was going to let that van leave. Thought that was the best of the 3 tv series myself. And they didn't tie things up too much at the end.

up_the_hampipe

Oh, another "make your own mind up" ending. Thanks Shane.

monkfromhavana

The Combo/Milky scenes apart, I thought it was alright, nothing amazing, just a bit meh.

Dirty Boy

Quite a good ending.

nice to see Meadows at least resisted his usual tick of having a big, ball of violence erupt at the end.
I'm glad we didn't see what happened to Combo. Who were the men he was delivered to though? I'd initially assumed they were NF, but thought it more likely they were friends of Lol's father avenging his death. Sorry if i've missed something obvious.

Tairy_Green

Deleted ending: Milky's mates turn up at the wedding, kill all men, rape all women and steal all jobs. Final shot of Milky pounding the ground with his hands shouting, "He was right all along! I'm sorry Combo!"

imitationleather

Quote from: Dirty Boy on October 04, 2015, 10:46:54 PM
nice to see Meadows at least resisted his usual tick of having a big, ball of violence erupt at the end.
I'm glad we didn't see what happened to Combo. Who were the men he was delivered to though? I'd initially assumed they were NF, but thought it more likely they were friends of Lol's father avenging his death. Sorry if i've missed something obvious.

I got the impression they were criminal underworld hitmen that Combo probably would have been aware of.

up_the_hampipe

I'd rather have known what happened to Combo. Does that make me a simple-minded viewer? I don't care. I don't like that ambiguity is considered a smarter move in ending things. I don't want a cheesy happy ending, I just want a decisive one.