Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:19:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CaB repartee memes that still raise a smile

Started by gib, January 11, 2019, 11:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canadagoose

Quote from: Captain Z on January 12, 2019, 01:48:12 AM
I miss the tags so much. The "Quotes you have memorised" thread would already be full of purposefully mangled entries by now.
Seconding this. I'd love tags to come back!

pigamus

Thirded. The Smiths one, the legendary one inspired by Cerys and her poor unfortunate relative, was one of the best things ever to happen.

Sin Agog

Noob here. Were tags being used to continue grudges or something?  I know that's probably what I'd do if I had a grudge.

Neomod

Quote from: pancreas on January 12, 2019, 12:54:52 AM
Ok, try that and see what happens to your account.

Is that a Shoulders one?

Graffic wasn't it?

See also "I bet you aren't even 18"

pancreas

Quote from: Captain Z on January 12, 2019, 01:48:12 AM
I miss the tags so much. The "Quotes you have memorised" thread would already be full of purposefully mangled entries by now.

You were always my favourite tagger. I'd let you tag my naked body.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: Sin Agog on January 12, 2019, 02:38:31 AM
Noob here. Were tags being used to continue grudges or something?  I know that's probably what I'd do if I had a grudge.

Yes and Barry had to code the tags to express their author as people couldn't help but abuse this.

Golden E. Pump

The classic 'tag a link to the user's profile' meme.

x has let themselves go.

Phil_A

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on January 12, 2019, 12:36:31 AM
There must be many more from the Captain's repertoire, surely?

How about

Gone are the days when bacon was exclusive to breakfast!

SHEER VALUE!

The new technologies, though accepted, shall NOT INTERFERE!

bomb_dog

Quote from: pigamus on January 12, 2019, 02:37:27 AM
Thirded. The Smiths one, the legendary one inspired by Cerys and her poor unfortunate relative, was one of the best things ever to happen.

This, and the Little and Large one were fantastic. I miss tags.

the

Quote from: canadagoose on January 12, 2019, 02:33:12 AMSeconding this. I'd love tags to come back!

I used to enjoy tagging and funny tags as much as the next tit, but really I'm glad they've gone. (Remembering firmly that they were removed for technological practicality rather than editorial reasons.)

There was this element of a sad stampede whenever a thread was started - Colin Hunts trying to get in with a pun on the title, or sour cunts with an axe to sardonically grind about the poster or subject (and I count myself as both a Colin Hunt and a sour cunt on many occasions).

With them gone, it feels like not having a parallel meta sub-commentary running in every thread is truer to the spirit of having the thread itself. Either you participate/contribute via the thread of conversation, or you keep it to yourself.

The handful of people who still feel duty bound to do [tag]!!![/tag] during the course of a thread serves to highlight it as the routine unfunny irrelevance that it mostly was.

Thursday

Yeah, I'm sort of glad we had tags, but also glad they're gone.

Ferris

[tag] 'tis better to have tagged and lost, than never to have tagged at all [/tag]

Golden E. Pump

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Ok, try that and see what happens to your account.

Is that a Shoulders one?

Also

Careful mate
XXX there
XXX that
Careful

Comedy of menace. All very Pinter.

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=48961.0

thenoise

Careful mate
XXX there
XXX that
Careful

Comedy of menace. All very Pinter.

I always read this in the voices of the bra men from Smell.

Norton Canes

poo

Famous people who've died but haven't really died.

Twed

touchingcloth

It was a sad, sad day when I realised we'd never again see threads like:

Bruce Forsyth Dead

...pleased to announce that the Yewtree folks haven't cottoned onto him yet.

garnish

Which reminds me, I really must congratulate all those who said Forsyth wasn't a paedo - they got that one spot on.

Thursday

Quote from: Golden E. Pump on January 12, 2019, 11:10:20 AM
The classic 'tag a link to the user's profile' meme.

x has let themselves go.

It's not so much the linking to a profile that I find funny, it's the subsequent thing of someone feigning being upset (using the same words) and then someone informing them it's a joke.

With the 3rd part you're not always sure if it's deliberate.

Glebe

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on January 12, 2019, 12:23:04 AMAnything related to Benest's of Millbrook and Fineprice (Captain two-lit-AAAAAAR) never stops being amusing.

Oh yes. Only the finest videos to grace any thread.

Maurice Yeatman

Quote from: the on January 12, 2019, 12:12:54 PM
I used to enjoy tagging and funny tags as much as the next tit, but really I'm glad they've gone. (Remembering firmly that they were removed for technological practicality rather than editorial reasons.)

There was this element of a sad stampede whenever a thread was started - Colin Hunts trying to get in with a pun on the title, or sour cunts with an axe to sardonically grind about the poster or subject (and I count myself as both a Colin Hunt and a sour cunt on many occasions).

With them gone, it feels like not having a parallel meta sub-commentary running in every thread is truer to the spirit of having the thread itself. Either you participate/contribute via the thread of conversation, or you keep it to yourself.

The handful of people who still feel duty bound to do [tag]!!![/tag] during the course of a thread serves to highlight it as the routine unfunny irrelevance that it mostly was.

[tag]Utterly pedestrian[/tag]

What was the doctor who related one? It's really annoying me trying to remember it

Captain Z

It's just the political of future, not Dr Who or

?

touchingcloth

Quote from: HodgerMccodger on January 13, 2019, 12:40:04 AM
What was the doctor who related one? It's really annoying me trying to remember it

Oh yeah, why's that then?

Quote from: Captain Z on January 13, 2019, 01:19:01 AM
It's just the political of future, not Dr Who or

?

That's the one, I really enjoyed it- even thought I've got no idea what the origin/meaning is behind it

Thank you

madhair60