Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:11:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

VPN App for Samsung TV?

Started by Minami Minegishi, January 02, 2024, 03:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minami Minegishi

I would really like to watch The Traitors on my TV but as I am in the unoccupied part of Ireland, I will have to download or watch on my PC.

Is bluetoothing from a laptop to my TV the only option for me?

Is there a way of getting a VPN on my TV?

Jerzy Bondov

You'll be looking at getting a VPN on your router, so all traffic goes through that regardless of the device. Not all routers support it with their default firmware so you might need to flash it with something else (eg Tomato), or get a new router that does support VPNs.

Another option would be to get a VPN going on your computer and then have the TV connect to that as a wireless hotspot, I think? Might be easier but obviously the computer will need to be on.

katzenjammer

You could get a firestick and run a VPN app on that. If your TV lets you install a plex app you could stream it from your laptop to the tv over plex

touchingcloth

I also live in Not UK, and I use get_iplayer to download shows onto my laptop, and stream it from there to the telly via Plex.

Gurke and Hare

Or get a Chromecast, then you can watch it on the TV using VLC.