Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:11:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrasslin' Talk: Punk out

Started by Gurke and Hare, September 02, 2023, 09:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gurke and Hare

Since we were on page 99 of the old thread, with a PPV this weekend and hot news just coming in, seems like we'd blow past the 100 pages in no time so it's time for a new thread.

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1698071772543738090

Ja'moke

Fair fucks to TK, I didn't think he'd have the balls.

Just watching SRS on his live stream, he said from what he heard, the video footage of the incident did not make Punk look good.

amateur

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Ja'moke on September 02, 2023, 09:55:33 PMFair fucks to TK, I didn't think he'd have the balls.

Just watching SRS on his live stream, he said from what he heard, the video footage of the incident did not make Punk look good.

I guess the story that he lunged at TK must be true. No coming back from that, especially if they've got it on tape, he can't have any complaint.

Ballsy to do it on the weekend of a Chicago PPV though. I wonder if they will slot Hangman in against Starks - I got the feeling that match on Rampage might have been partially to see how the Chicago crowd would react to him, and they didn't seem to have a problem with him.

Ja'moke

Moxley promo from 11 months ago:

Quote"You should take the time and really enjoy CM Punk while he's here, because he's not gonna be here much longer. Fragile mind. Fragile ego. Fragile body."

The Crumb

Can't Manage to go 5 minutes without making a arse of himself Punk.

Good riddance

Deanjam

An outright firing and not one of those fake mutual agreements? That footage must be pretty damning. Probably for the best. Punk's just been involved in too much hassle to be honest, and if he did go for Tony, then there's no justifying that, since he's not a wrestler, is his boss, and has really stuck up for him a lot.

Ja'moke

It'll be interesting to see how the Chicago crowd reacts tonight and tomorrow.

Quote from: Ja'moke on September 02, 2023, 09:55:33 PMFair fucks to TK, I didn't think he'd have the balls.

I've seen footage of Punk trying to fight and that didn't make him look good either

Timothy

Had a fight with co workers after winning the world championship, was allowed back, got his own show, his own belt and was still dissatisfied. Way to ruin your own legacy.

Psybro

Open All Out with Cult of Personality and then Sunglasses TK comes out and says "I got all your money already, MARKS"

Mobius

Damn TK actually did it. Good decision. We got some great feuds out of Punk but the drama is exhausting, the rest of the roster shouldn't have to put up with his shit. Collision and the PPV will be interesting!

Spiteface

Quote from: Mobius on September 02, 2023, 11:04:58 PMDamn TK actually did it. Good decision. We got some great feuds out of Punk but the drama is exhausting, the rest of the roster shouldn't have to put up with his shit. Collision and the PPV will be interesting!

Collision was taped, apparently.

And my interest in AEW has frankly cratered. I get it, and TK HAD to do something about it, but that doesn't stop me being disappointed.

Still, I probably got to see what may well have been Punk's last match.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Spiteface on September 02, 2023, 11:30:57 PMCollision was taped, apparently.

It was taped last week (because they were all in London) but it's live this week (and every other week).

Spiteface

Some bugger just lied to me, then.

Looks like I'll have to watch for a couple more days, then. At least out of morbid curiosity.

madhair60

weird to be disappointed when a serial workplace abuser is rightfully fired

Mobius

You think they might have got these Chicago shows out of the way before firing him. Maybe getting myself overhyped but I feel like this show could be mad

Goldentony

gutted, but at least the run was mostly very good and now it'll be possible to talk about literally anything else in AEW

Ja'moke

QuoteTony Khan addresses the AEW Collision crowd and says he had to do something he didn't want to have do, and he's sorry to anyone upset by it. It was the first time he feared for his safety at a show, and people don't work here to be put in danger.

oh wow he effectively confirmed the observer story that Punk lunged at him

Mobius

Man alive imagine opening a show saying your life was threatened by a wrestler and it's not kayfabe 

Ja'moke

Mobius

Quote from: Ja'moke on September 03, 2023, 01:15:00 AMBryan v Starks is an upgrade!

Yeah great segment, that match will rock

Memorex MP3

I guess Tony Khan must believe it if he's saying it but there's no way his life was in danger. Laughing at how insane that's likely to drive to Punk though, regardless of whatever legal counsel he has there's no way he's not gonna repeatedly have outbursts for a few months.

Pretty much confirms Punk made a lunge at him though, which is an absolutely off the charts deranged thing to do even without accounting for how much Khan has accommodated him.

anyways if AEW have any sense they'll never mention him again.

Quote from: Ja'moke on September 03, 2023, 01:15:00 AMBryan v Starks is an upgrade!

yeah cos there's a chance Danielson will actually put him over

Quote from: Memorex MP3 on September 03, 2023, 01:20:10 AMI guess Tony Khan must believe it if he's saying it but there's no way his life was in danger.

He probably said I'll kill you or something along those lines rather than Tony genuinely feeling his life was in danger. He wouldn't have had him wrestle, or be allowed backstage, or anything but get taken out of the building in handcuffs if he did. But I'd imagine he's got something concrete that could justify saying so, and that it's pre-emptive preservation in the event of Punk trying to sue

Ja'moke

Kevin Kelly is so awful on commentary. His enthusiasm sounds so put on.

Memorex MP3

Quote from: Stone Cold Steve Austin on September 03, 2023, 01:24:33 AMHe probably said I'll kill you or something along those lines rather than Tony genuinely feeling his life was in danger. He wouldn't have had him wrestle, or be allowed backstage, or anything but get taken out of the building in handcuffs if he did. But I'd imagine he's got something concrete that could justify saying so, and that it's pre-emptive preservation in the event of Punk trying to sue
Yep, which is absolutely grounds for dismissal in itself. Having Punk totally in a bind with doubtless a fuckton of evidence against him is gonna drive punk to total insanity.
Wouldn't be surprised if he attempts to sue regardless, the kind of guy who could blow his entire fortune on court proceedings over the pettiest of things.

Just watched the speech in front of the crowd, genuinely surprised how well Khan carried himself. He's never been anything less than atrocious in front of a crowd in my experience.