Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 08:38:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

XBox Live Tags

Started by Big Jack McBastard, September 07, 2010, 02:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: buntyman on April 06, 2011, 11:44:28 PM
Has anyone got the new poker game on Xbox Arcade? It's good fun and seems perfect for a large group to have a big online high stakes session.

I just got it last night.

Let's have a tournament at some point.

Penfold

me on the poker bus too.

I played it a lot when it first came out and got to level 12 I think, then got distracted.

buntyman

Shall we have a game at 10? Everyone who wants to play, make it clear by then.

Penfold

yeah, i'll be there barring any connection issus.

I'm in like Flynn. Can I just confirm that we're talking about Full House Poker? Nobody has mentioned the title yet!

My gamertag is fuzzglitch.

buntyman

Yeah that's the one, we don't want people buying the crapper Texas hold em game.

I don't suppose this game has any other card modes does it? (I've only got the demo, I'm about to buy the full). I like to play a bit of Omaha Hi/Lo every now and then.

buntyman

I think there are slight game mode variations but it's pretty much just the standard hold 'em

bunty, you are a river-catching git.

Penfold

who do I send the cheque to?

buntyman

Thanks for taking part gents

mycroft

'twas top fun. Same again tomorrow night, maybe? With a few more folk hopefully and lack of school in the morning letting us run later?

I'll be up for a regular (although I'm away all next week). Anybody can feel free to invite me any time, if my XBox is on it means I'm up for doing stuff.

Just in case you guys didn't stick around for the end, buntyman won when I all-inned with my three-of-a-kind-right-on-the-flop queens, which he also had.

buntyman

Yeah that was good  fun, I pulled out a few flukey all-ins after a long period of being in 4th place. Sorry for the occasional pause where it looked like I was taking ages to decide what to do, I kept checking on a cake that I was baking and forgot where I put my controller down. I'd definitely be keen for another game soon. Probably going to be out on the piss tomorrow but definitely free over the weekend. More people would definitely add to the excitement too.

Penfold

I have some Japanese organised crime to take care of first but i'm free day or night for the next week.

Quote from: mycroft on April 07, 2011, 10:36:01 PM
'twas top fun. Same again tomorrow night, maybe? With a few more folk hopefully and lack of school in the morning letting us run later?

I'll be up for it tonight - I'm such a wuss and was well and truly in bed by 10 last night - but Friday nights I stay up as long as I want.

Big Jack McBastard

Aye I'll muck in n'all what time we starting? I'll be on Black Ops SP beforehand and after the rumination I was facing last night I'll be happy to take a break by the time this gets going so do chuck me an invite, or I'll pile in when I sees ya.

Perhaps a new thread is in order to rake people in, especially if it becomes a somewhat regular occurrence.

Tokyo Sexwhale

I've finally signed up to XBox Live  - and it picked out the name "TumescentWorm" for me.

So what should I do with my free month?

AlmondAdam

Mine's "AlmondAdam"

I can often be found in Team Fortress 2, being crap, Ghostbusters, holding new players hands, or Portal 2, just messing around and being a nice partner for anyone who hasn't finished it yet...

VegaLA

Update on my current gaming titles.

Gears of War 3 - Sinbad and I are looking for 2 good men.
Spoiler alert
Yes we are.
[close]

Dead Island - Playing through campaign solo at the moment, really loving it but would love to start from scratch with a co-op partner if anyone is down in Banoi?

Dead Rising Case West - Also up for some co-op Zombie mayhem on this short DLC too.

Saint's Row 2 - If anyone wants to get into the groove before 'The Third' is released CALL ME!

VegaLA, that is all.

Big Jack McBastard

I'll certainly be getting GoW 3, probably tomorrow and will be up for multiplayer. Might have a gander of Dead Island too.

Famous Mortimer

I will download the demo of Dead Island and see how much fun it is. I've sold all my old games on eBay, barring a couple, so I need a new thing.

Big Jack McBastard

Quote from: Big Jack McBastard on September 23, 2011, 12:41:21 AM
I'll certainly be getting GoW 3.

Got.

Need to have a pootle through the campaign first to get myself reacquainted but I'll happily delve into the multiplayer by the weekend.

mook

just bought this gear 3 thing on a whim. quite enjoying kicking the rubber ring about so far. i wish more games had rubber rings in them.

Big Jack McBastard

Gears of War 3: Where screaming 'Polyps!' at the top of your lungs is perfectly acceptable behaviour.

mook

Quote from: Big Jack McBastard on September 24, 2011, 01:53:59 AM
Gears of War 3: Where screaming 'Polyps!' at the top of your lungs is perfectly acceptable behaviour.

heh... why hasn't any bugger told me about this gears thing before? this game is actually fun, i think it's the only game i might properly enjoy since portal 2. and this fucker even has chainsaws in it?

MattyHusted

im still MattyHustedUk mostly seen on Gears 3 and Street Fighter 4 and Cod4 or MW2 or black ops when the mood takes me

VegaLA

Mook my dear man, what is your GamerTag......?

Big Jack McBastard

Good lordy after a 20 round match of Horde, two 12 round matches of Beast with Neil and a whopping 28 round match of Horde again with Neil and Vega, my bladder, fingers, supply of alcohol and cigarettes were given a good thrashing.

Madly addictive gaming once you've got to grips with it, bloody good fun too if your arse is up to the job.

Neil

Did I... Fall asleep mid-game? I just woke up on the sofa. No headset-snoring I hope.