Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:43:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nvidia Shield

Started by VegaLA, June 20, 2013, 04:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegaLA

Beagle 2

I'd love one but let's face it it's going to fall flat on its arse isn't it?

mcbpete

Android phone without the use of the phone bit and adding a clunky looking joypad for $300 ? Can't see how it'd fail ...

syntaxerror

Quote from: Beagle 2 on June 20, 2013, 04:47:03 PM
I'd love one but let's face it it's going to fall flat on its arse isn't it?

Me too. It's an interesting concept but I can't see what market they're going after? It's getting pretty crowded with consoles, tablets, smartphones, PC's & handhelds offering tons of choice for the hardcore and softcore casual gamer, and I just can't see this competing well. The streaming from PC USP seems like a bit of  a gimmick too, I'm not sure when you would ever want to do such a thing (taking a dump?), and for a lot of PC games, playing without a keyboard and mouse is too much of a compromise to be worthwhile.

Big Jack McBastard

My prediction is that Tiger Electronics could come back from the dead and make more cash with their painfully shit gadgets than this will.

I remain amused that anyone bothers continuing to develop and expand the hand-held market at all, it's like they're addicted to spreading and receiving disappointment.

syntaxerror

Quote from: Big Jack McBastard on June 20, 2013, 06:46:09 PM
My prediction is that Tiger Electronics could come back from the dead and make more cash with their painfully shit gadgets than this will.

I remain amused that anyone bothers continuing to develop and expand the hand-held market at all, it's like they're addicted to spreading and receiving disappointment.

I never had those Tiger handhelds but I do remember playing on a mate's sonic game, and it was fucking shit.

Consignia

Quote from: syntaxerror on June 20, 2013, 06:50:03 PM
I never had those Tiger handhelds but I do remember playing on a mate's sonic game, and it was fucking shit.

Wow, the music is exactly as I remember. 20 odd year old memories.

You've got to remember, it was a similar time back then. These days you get High def bird flicking action on your phone for nothing, but then a months pocket money would have given you one of babies.

syntaxerror

Quote from: Consignia on June 20, 2013, 06:56:48 PM
Wow, the music is exactly as I remember. 20 odd year old memories.

You've got to remember, it was a similar time back then. These days you get High def bird flicking action on your phone for nothing, but then a months pocket money would have given you one of babies.

I'm glad I had a gameboy.