Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:12:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Spiritual successor to Syndicate Wars...

Started by clingfilm portent, July 12, 2013, 12:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
...has a Kickstarter campaign here.

It's not looking good as they have to raise over £100,000 before the end of the month to reach the goal of £350,000, which seems a ridiculous amount anyway. Still, its a nice dream.

I used to love that game and the way it brought to life an immersive Blade Runner style dystopia, didn't you? Are there any games that have a similar atmosphere?

Ignatius_S

Quote from: clingfilm portent on July 12, 2013, 12:23:25 AM
...has a Kickstarter campaign here.

It's not looking good as they have to raise over £100,000 before the end of the month to reach the goal of £350,000, which seems a ridiculous amount anyway...

There's often a flurry of pledges towards the deadline, so I wouldn't write it off yet.

This probably isn't the best example, but Armikrog (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1949537745/armikrog/) had about $600K (it was approximately $300K short) with four days to go, but it made its target. In that case, though, the sudden announcement of a stretch goal of a Wii U version helped.

I'm likely to pledge to this one – the tide is turning!

Hollow

Similar atmosphere? Not much is there? The original Deus Ex?

I didn't really like Wars...after the high-res loveliness of the PC original it's fuzzy low-res poly look was a real step back.

Ignatius_S

Currently on £381,000 and three days to go.

Ignatius_S

Indeed! I've been keeping an eye on it and on Sunday evening, it was still just under £70K (I think) short - there was problems with the Kickstarter site on Saturday, so that was likely to have affected the tally when I last checked. Anway, think I'll take a punt...