Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:27:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Nathan Barley trailers on C4 (Friday 11/02/05, 10pm)

Started by Dr David V, January 20, 2005, 05:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solid Snail

Is it going to be shot in a documentary sort of way then? The first Dan trailer looked like a talking head.

mcbpete

Not that anyone asked, but the bubbling sound at the end of the trailers is from the start of Boards of Canada - A is to B as B is to C

GK

Yeah that's what came to my mind when I heard the bubble sound.

I don't know what the other one is though.

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Rats"Morris has a thing about more than one tab at once doesn't he? I suppose in this case it'll be dan thinking he's cool after watching wild at heart.

Yeah, it was just a throwaway line in one "Time to Go" that I chose to have Geefe doing in my little film because I thought it was funny. So, in my inflated self-important little mind, Morris has ripped me off. Me me me me me.

Neil

Multiple cig-smoking should have been in My Wrongs too, in fact can't you still see the cut bit in that drossymyso video?  (EDIT: Yeah I just checked, you only see him smoking through it in the Cartel Communique video, but you get a glimpse of it on the table in the full thing) This full script should have went up at Xmas but  we were scuppered by the bandwidth shenanigans.  Next update though:

---

DogDaze shooting 1

LOC 1 - ROOM

SC: Sitting room TV on, thursday afternoon, curtains 4/5ths drawn, man in armchair watching, dog in another armchair watching man...

WIDE room tableau -

he's sucking a lolly pop?  And smoking at the same time?

Hands are inky

He's smoking through an dapted drinks can with five holes for fags - smoked like a crack pipe.

Lead round his neck.  Maybe an address label or an "if found" label on it

Phone ringing

ECU meticulous pile of fag ends - arranged into towers / pull focus to reveal man and dog on chairs.  Fag filters stuck together by being impaled on cocktail sticks.
EC U dog eyes (bit arch?)

whats on tv?  Clz circuit of himself & dog?  BBC4?  Tarkovsky?  Cricket.  Cartoons.  World at War?

Deadman97

Quote from: "mcbpete"Not that anyone asked, but the bubbling sound at the end of the trailers is from the start of Boards of Canada - A is to B as B is to C

That's been really bugging me since I saw the trailer- nice one.

Hoogstraten'sSmilingUlcer

Hey - Tarkovsky! Sorry, but it's like when someone mentions your favourite but extremely obscure band. Stalker and the original Solaris are superb films.

Paaaaul

Quote from: "Neil"Multiple cig-smoking should have been in My Wrongs too, in fact can't you still see the cut bit in that drossymyso video?
Yep and the DVD cover has the pictures on the back of the "Design For Smoker" with the "quadruple nicotine" invention

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Last night I dreamt me and Alan Strang were in the studio audience for Nathan Barley. I can't remember much about it, but (a) it was mostly set in a multi-storey carpark, and (b) it featured lots of very long, joke-free chunks of dialogue with lots of pauses. The warm-up man was a sausage roll.

skibz

Quote from: "Emergency Lalla Ward Ten"The warm-up man was a sausage roll.

A giant talking sausage roll with arms and legs, or just an ordinary sized, non-talking sausage roll?

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

I think it was a whole plate of sausage rolls, actually. 'Any vegetarians in tonight?'

The show also featured *lots* of Jam-type video effects, but then that might have just been because I was dreaming.

Labian Quest

I haven't seen these teasers yet, but I like Charlie Brooker's work (the written stuff anyway) and Chris Morris, my only worry is whether or not the actors doing it (who I've never heard of ) will actually  do it justice (didn't like the TV adaptation of TVGH; I thought it came across a bit too weedy)

Lumiere

Just to clarify:

Has Morris written ANYTHING for this show, or is he merely directing?

butnut

I'm pretty sure he's co-written it, as that's what Neil said a few months ago.

Lumiere

clarkycat

this new image has surfaced via a boosch-related site, dunno how legit it is (looks crap), but i thought i'd post it up for you.

Lumiere

Jaffa The Cake

Copy & paste www23.brinkster.com/robertgraff/images/barleyprmo.jpg into a new window.

Yes, does look shite. Perhaps... it's... ironic....

clarkycat

It came from http://www.emporiumofmirth.co.uk/ (crap boosch loving site)

My mate Robert Graff, who himself is actually a self-confessed DJ and Web Master, put it online for us.

I actually think he could be a real nathan barley.

problemarea

But whats the website at the bottom of the pic?? Its unclear.

Sivead

But hey, whats that website say at the bottom of the pic?

Lumiere

((GOOD LORD MAN, I'M AN EMOTIONLESS SET OF CIRCUITS AND EVEN I CAN'T COPE WITH THAT)) - SPAMBOT

Dr David V

Ah, I saw that pic in NME a couple of weeks ago. Probably an official one. I know it's taking the piss out of something, but I don't know what...

Neil

Lumiere, you do realise that people reading these boards at work could end up getting sacked by following your hilarious link, you fucking pointless pillock?  I'm fairly sure the rules state that such links should be accompanied by a "NOT WORK SAFE" pointer.

Lumiere

SPAMBOT

((LUMIERE I FEAR I JUST EDITED YOUR EDIT - WHATEVER IT WAS - I'M ON A SERIOUS LAG TODAY - NEED SOME RE-TUNING. THANKS FOR THE THOUGHT THOUGH.))