Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:53:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mark Ronson says: No Stupid Chicks

Started by sevendaughters, September 19, 2019, 06:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boki

I have absolutely no problem with sapiosexual.  In fact, I'd go as far as to say it's one of my favourite Slipknot songs.

poo

AllisonSays

It's annoying to me because it is conflating a sexual imperative (homo/heterosexual) with, like, a taste or a preference. And moreover a taste that is so widely shared as to be completely unremarkable - oh, you fancy people because of their personalities as well as because of their looks? Right, nice one, yeah. I mean, if Ronson becomes Noam Chomsky's third wife I will hold my hands up and admit he has had a genuine sexual awakening, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Buelligan

I'd definitely consider the gig.  What are the perks?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: poo on September 20, 2019, 03:36:31 PM
who gives a cunting fuck

People who think terms should actually mean something, I guess.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I, personally, define myself as Comer sexual! :-D

Come on, I knew you were all waiting for that.

Noonling

Quote from: AllisonSays on September 20, 2019, 03:51:05 PM
It's annoying to me because it is conflating a sexual imperative (homo/heterosexual) with, like, a taste or a preference. And moreover a taste that is so widely shared as to be completely unremarkable - oh, you fancy people because of their personalities as well as because of their looks? Right, nice one, yeah. I mean, if Ronson becomes Noam Chomsky's third wife I will hold my hands up and admit he has had a genuine sexual awakening, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

My thoughts exactly, and he even says "Out and proud on Good Morning Britain." The article itself is grating, apparently he "always seemed a little queer, right?" Great, so everyone can be queer now. His "out and proud" doesn't seem much different from conservatives saying they are proud to be straight.

Even if he is bisexual (and just hasn't met any intelligent men), I feel like so many of these subdivisions such as sapiosexual are implicitly casting others as Neanderthals. The same with demisexual - it assumes the average normal person wants to jump someone's bones as soon as they meet someone new. It indicates a basic lack of understanding about how other people work and/or an eagerness to label ordinary thoughts/actions as special.

chveik

Quote from: bgmnts on September 19, 2019, 08:07:57 PM
Sapiosexual is not a thing and people who think it is are the worst kind of pretentious thick cunt.

yep that's all there is to it

garbed_attic

If this isn't the place to plug my old band's cover of Brian Wilson's 'Smart Girls', there'll never be such a place:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I8rtSlWNzA

Zetetic

Would he attempt to have sex with an intelligent child?

I've no reason to believe otherwise.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Zetetic on September 20, 2019, 10:14:28 PM
Would he attempt to have sex with an intelligent child?

I've no reason to believe otherwise.

Well duh

Of course he would

Duhhh

I'll tell Mark Ronson you said that, he'll laugh

Duhhhhhh

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Buelligan on September 20, 2019, 12:09:48 PM
I think I might have been a sapiosexual if I'd known what that was before I stopped looking.  I've never found someone intelligent, talented and funny, who also pleases me aesthetically enough to make it worth spending time with them in a way where they're actually living in my home.   So I've just sacked it off and stopped using resources on that.  But I certainly felt a distant tingle of recognition when I read that definition.

Well, I'm attracted to both kinds of music: Country and Western.

Telling someone you are chatting up that you're "sapiosexual" and only go for brainy types is incredibly patronising. Surely an intelligent person would see right through it, so the Mensa bunch are out of reach for Ronson. He'll just have to rely on the fact that he's incredibly rich, cool and good looking.

Tell the clever ones they're pretty and vice versa. He's just basically saying 'I want a fit bird with intellectual insecurities' but to the newspapers to save himself some time.

Might just be the cleverest thing he's ever done.

PlanktonSideburns

ProvanFan

Buelligan

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on September 21, 2019, 04:58:20 AM
Well, I'm attracted to both kinds of music: Country and Western.

Oh absolutely.  What I mean here I suppose, is that I've always felt rather alienated, not normal, around people who cwah, would, wouldn't kick that out of bed, look at the tits, pecs, arse, on that.  I just don't get it. 

touchingcloth

Quote from: Buelligan on September 21, 2019, 09:40:42 AM
Oh absolutely.  What I mean here I suppose, is that I've always felt rather alienated, not normal, around people who cwah, would, wouldn't kick that out of bed, look at the tits, pecs, arse, on that.  I just don't get it.

Have you seen the hog roast on dat, though?

Blue Jam

Quote from: thecuriousorange on September 21, 2019, 06:35:18 AM
Telling someone you are chatting up that you're "sapiosexual" and only go for brainy types is incredibly patronising.

If anyone ever tried that on me I'd ask them "...so, have you seen Love Island?" and start squeeing about shoes and handbags.

I would never attract a sapiosexual though. A stupidosexual, perhaps.

Buelligan

Btw, just wanted to say that this idea that these types only care about the size of someone's brian is, imo, willful misrepresentation.  Do all heterosexuals only care about the other person having the correct xy arrangment?  Do massive gaymen only need a man to be a penis-holder?  No they do not.  Rubbish innit.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Buelligan on September 21, 2019, 03:42:58 PM
Btw, just wanted to say that this idea that these types only care about the size of someone's brian is, imo, willful misrepresentation.  Do all heterosexuals only care about the other person having the correct xy arrangment?  Do massive gaymen only need a man to be a penis-holder?  No they do not.  Rubbish innit.

Yes, the argument is that if you find anyone of any gender attractive as long as they Gots The Brians I Like, that doesn't require another label on top of pansexual or bisexual, because selecting on the basis of compatible personalities (in this case mutual arrogance and narcissism) isn't remotely unusual (or interesting).

bgmnts

Quote from: Buelligan on September 21, 2019, 03:42:58 PM

That's what I was saying.