Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:18:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shit artists you have a weird fascination with

Started by purlieu, July 22, 2022, 04:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigamus

All his TOTPs have been wiped I should imagine, if he was ever on

George White

That's what I was thinking. But has he not cropped up in a Melody Maker?

SteveDave

jobotic

Clifford T Ward is on the BBC here

Not my type of thng although I did like Wherewithal (which I just heard for the first time).

markburgle

Late-period Ramones. I'm not into their schtick enough to bother with the classics, but there's something compelling about this group of fuck ups who can manage almost nothing of merit from about 1985 onwards - even on stage - but have no other choice but to keep trying regardless.

Joey and Dee Dee basically unemployable, the latter tries to leave but still has to sell them songs to pay the bills. Johnny probably could manage in the real world, but why would he surrender his role as the tyrant of this tiny fiefdom where he gets to look down his nose at someone who embodies all his worst assumptions about liberalism and boss them around.

None of them self-aware enough to understand what was great about their most-loved material, or creative enough to grow artistically, or mature enough to grow as people - but regardless trapped with a fanbase that only wants one thing from them, so the issue is moot and they have to keep festering in mutual hatred while peddling this increasingly creaky and unconvincing vision of teenage scuzz until it basically kills them.

Best songs:

iamcoop

Never been a huge fan of The Ramones but I love that Brain Drain album. I know they all hate it and the production is questionable but it's got some bangers on it.

boki

Quote from: markburgle on March 19, 2024, 10:32:34 AMLate-period Ramones. I'm not into their schtick enough to bother with the classics, but there's something compelling about this group of fuck ups who can manage almost nothing of merit from about 1985 onwards - even on stage - but have no other choice but to keep trying regardless.

Animal Boy was the first Ramones album I heard, purely because that was the one that my local library had in when I decided I wanted to listen to one.  I still have a lot of love for Mental Hell, which is just the kind of song you need to hear as an awkward and gloomy teen who is yet to know what a neurodiversties are.

Kankurette

Christian and the Hedgehog Boys, aka Chris-chan's 'album'. It's her singing very, very badly over various pop songs. It's incredible how someone manages to be so incredibly tone-deaf and not hit a single note. I know this is major, major low-hanging fruit.

I was never involved with the trolling or anything, mind.