Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:47:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Rumour Patel wants to bring back death penalty

Started by Fambo Number Mive, December 27, 2020, 05:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poodlefaker

Yeah, it's another useful thing to position themselves against wrt Labour: metropolitan, out-of-touch with  real people, lead by an Islington human rights lawyer who defended terrorists...keep it in the bag for the next election.

George Oscar Bluth II

Should have added:

- Dominic Cummings literally wants a referendum on the ECHR. He's a useless man who has only harmed this country but he's very good at keeping the Conservative Party in power and keeping the right in this country in the ascendancy. If he wants it, it's because he thinks it's a winner.

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on December 28, 2020, 03:14:24 PM
I didn't know this, I thought most Tory members and cabinet ministers loved her. All that "form a square around the Prittster" shite from Johnson.

That was to stop them from having to get rid of her at the behest of the deep state Home Office because of the imagined sin of "bullying"[nb]Absurd! She's a tiny woman! How could she bully a man who is subordinate to her? Ludicrous![/nb]. There's a reshuffle coming and she'll be gone from the Home Office at least.

Quote from: Zetetic on December 28, 2020, 03:11:07 PM
Laws aren't magic.

(And it might be argued that we only have to withdraw from certain protocols to be able to legally kill people.)

Oh I agree it could happen, I just think there's a lot of heavy lifting and pitch rolling to get to the point where we join the only Stalinist dictatorship in Europe as the only refuseniks to it. Russia is in it! Russia!

But then the pitch rolling is the point I guess, keep people hanging on as long as possible, get the liberal left to wail about it, get your base rock hard for it. Do you even deploy it to win the 2024 election or save it for 2029 when you might be in serious danger of losing? Or maybe do ECHR ref in the 2024 manifesto, hold it and win it[nb]as they definitely would[/nb] in 2025 and then save hanging for the 2029 manifesto?

Cursus

Priti Patel, Ms Priti Patel,
Burnished by sunshine of far Israel,
How we all cheered when on Marr you did smirk,
And as he got rattled, we yelled 'O, good work!'

Love-thirty, love-forty, oh weakness of joy,
With the speed of a swallow you mangled the goy,
With carefullest carelessness, gaily you played Marr,
And like a Hindu princess you cheeked and you slayed Marr.

Mandarins you mangle, and at police chiefs you yell,
Illegals you find where others have missed 'em,
But you're no xenophobe with your lovely points system.

Conference loves you, especially on crime,
When you praise execution, and life means lifetime,
When you toss your long hair with handcuffs resplendent,
I wish you would just wear my heart as a pendant.

You're a Guardianista's vision of hell,
But I'd gladly be bullied without repercussions,
If you'd just include me in Ugandan discussions.

Rizla

PlanktonSideburns

Buelligan

I saw it on her twitter shit a few days ago.  She's desperately trolling for attention and reaction.  A dreary old cunt.  Not even a talented writer.

And imagine those two fucking.  I think I've just sicked up my own teeth.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteWith carefullest carelessness, gaily you played Marr,
And like a Hindu princess you cheeked and you slayed Marr.

Sub-Thribb.

Ominous Dave

Some classic rhyming-on-the-same-word action there from Burchill. Coupled with some excellent lines-whose-metres-only-scan-if-you-pronounce-the-words-oddly poetic genius (I mean, 'Is-rae-EL'?).

Also am I meant to feel clever by getting that it's a Betjeman parody? Because I just felt slightly ill.

Fambo Number Mive

I wonder how Patel felt reading that. I imagine she did a bit of sick in her mouth.

Buelligan

Quote from: Ominous Dave on December 28, 2020, 06:13:12 PM
Some classic rhyming-on-the-same-word action there from Burchill. Coupled with some excellent lines-whose-metres-only-scan-if-you-pronounce-the-words-oddly poetic genius (I mean, 'Is-rae-EL'?).

Also am I meant to feel clever by getting that it's a Betjeman parody? Because I just felt slightly ill.

Don't feel too clever, she actually had the bare faced cheek to invoke Betjeman in her twitter reveal.  Scansion embarrassing.  Utterly humiliating, for them both. if that were possible, luckily for Betjeman, he's dead.

George Oscar Bluth II

Jesus that's real? That's the actual poem? Published in a magazine? Paid for with money??

Buelligan

It's only The Spectator.  Not really a real anything.

Fraser Nelson, Camilla Tominey, Rod Liddle, Julie Burchill, Brendan O'Neill.  Oh and Boris Johnson.

Junket Pumper

Pretty certain nobody actually likes or admires Patel, they just pretend to because they know leftists hate here and they want to piss us off. She is incredibly fit though.

Buelligan

Cursus

The Spectator also published Boris Johnson's doggerel:

shh

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on December 28, 2020, 03:27:34 PM
Should have added:

- Dominic Cummings literally wants a referendum on the ECHR. He's a useless man who has only harmed this country but he's very good at keeping the Conservative Party in power and keeping the right in this country in the ascendancy. If he wants it, it's because he thinks it's a winner.

But then the pitch rolling is the point I guess, keep people hanging on as long as possible, get the liberal left to wail about it, get your base rock hard for it. Do you even deploy it to win the 2024 election or save it for 2029 when you might be in serious danger of losing? Or maybe do ECHR ref in the 2024 manifesto, hold it and win it in 2025 and then save hanging for the 2029 manifesto?

The conservatives already won a majority with an explicit manifesto pledge to repeal the human rights act (the conduit of ECHR into UK law). The reasons were more to do with voting rights & deporting criminals.
Capital punishment seems a hugely unlikely prospect to me, I can't think of a single front-bench politician who's in favour, it's a fringe issue. I think you lot have spent more time fantasising about it than the govt. People want what they always want, tougher sentences, they'll probably get it.

Anyway, if it ever does happen at least we know what people will be eating as they watch

Kelvin

Lol at these stupid cunts describing themselves as Intolerant.

Buelligan

Kankurette

Burchill is a goy, as is Patel herself, so I don't know wtf that goy line was about.

She's not going to fuck you, Jules. She probably hates the gays.

Buelligan

I think Burchill converted, so not sure the goy slur applies but then, IMO, it shouldn't be applied to anyone because it's derogatory.

Of course, Burchill's going to use that word, she's pressing every button as fast as her smelly yellow fingers will let her because she's fucking desperate.  Look at meee.  Loook at MEEEEEEEEEE!

Kankurette

She didn't, and it's not derogatory. Goyim means 'nations', i.e. anyone who isn't Jewish. 'Sheygetz' and 'shiksa' are derogatory words for non-Jews though, which makes me surprised Burchill hasn't used them.

Background: Burchill was going to convert at a Liberal synagogue in Brighton, the rabbi of which - Elizabeth Tikvah Sarah - is openly lesbian. Liberal Jews live up to their name; they're very LGBT-friendly (pretty much all the big cheeses in my local Keshet group were Liberals), have quite a few women rabbis, do services in English instead of Hebrew, women wear tallis too, etc. Burchill was put off by the fact that this synagogue was very keen on interfaith work and was involved with Shalom Salaam. Our Jules was not happy about this and sent the rabbi tons of abuse. She refused to join in the synagogue's 75th anniversary celebrations because it supports, in her words, 'PIG ISLAM' (never mind the fact that Jews don't eat pork either). She also went to the rabbi's house for Shabbat dinner and complained that the rabbi served her some elderflower stuff even though she'd had the generosity to bring Bolly. She also, despite being bisexual herself, made some disgusting comments about the rabbi 'canoodling' with her wife. There's an article here.

Burchill then wrote a book called Unchosen about how much she loves Israel Jews - although she doesn't like our obsession with family, our food or our humour - and there was a big long rant in it about how evil the rabbi was for not hating Muslims, because of course the central tenet of Judaism is hating Muslims. Apparently.

So no. She isn't Jewish, no matter how much she goes on about how awesome Israel is.

Zetetic

"Goy" clearly has been used as a slur in Yiddish and as loan-word from Yiddish, even if its antecedent in Hebrew doesn't have the same connotations.

Kankurette

Yeah, gentiles get touchy about being called 'goyim'.

chveik

it could be a slur if it's proffered during the murder of an unharmed Palestinian. otherwise it's just plain old snobbery

JamesTC

I like Nicolas Cage and boiled eggs. Am I right-wing?