Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:09:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

suicide squad: kill the justice league

Started by madhair60, January 27, 2024, 07:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

fucking hell dude. I just got off another sesh of this. I've only played single player and I've never, ever been bored. just moving around feels so fucking good.

reviews scoring this below Gotham Knights are FUCKING CRAZY. like that should genuinely be blacklist worthy as an opinion because Gotham Knights was nowhere near as good and polished as Suicide Squad. if I were writing a scored review, at this point I'd give it four stars and that could jump up when I hit endgame. I just took out my first Justice League member and it was intense, difficult, demanding and just straight up fucking cool. A real boss fight.

anyway yeah. I won't become like the sole cheerleader for this on here, but i think the reception it's getting is completely unfair and often based on downright untrue, disingenuous shit. it's a shame.

oggyraiding

I've caved and bought it (physical so if it's cack I can sell it), installing it now.

Are you forced to play as all the gang? I don't like non-The Animated Series Harley, so if I can ignore her that'd be great.

oggyraiding

This is really good and I think WB fucked up by making it a live service always online affair.

If they'd released this with offline single player and optional multiplayer, it would have been better received, and no worse for it.

The F Bomb

I bought this and it actually made me want to start my own 'suicide squad', of me and everyone who made the game.

Mr Vegetables

Magnum Valentino

dontpaintyourteeth

The F Bomb

I bought this and it actually made me want to start my own 'suicide squad', of me and everyone who made the game.

i.e. Both the people who made the game and I, for having played it, ought to commit suicide.

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: The F Bomb on February 07, 2024, 06:57:27 PMI bought this and it actually made me want to start my own 'suicide squad', of me and everyone who made the game.

i.e. Both the people who made the game and I, for having played it, ought to commit suicide.

I ACKNOWLEDGE THIS POST

madhair60

gone back to this after i got a bit bored of it and i'm right back in now, it runs so much smoother and they've sorted out loot organisation so it's no longer DOGSHIT. really enjoying myself again, the game's tailored so well to let you play it in a way that's fun for you, no arbitrary forcing you to do anything you can't be arsed with. the loot is inobtrusive still but now if you do actually want to get into the weeds of it you don't have to fucking manually break down trash anymore, it's all effortlessly smooth. And there's so much love and care in the characterisation. it's such a fucking shame this game got sent to die and compromised the way it did, but here's hoping its failure sends some kind of message. it won't.

as it stands even if you just want to single player this thing I'd recommend it at the presumably knock down price they're asking. i'm really liking it again.

madhair60

I respec'd my King Shark (JOE JOE JOE JOE) and now he:

- Regenerates shield when airborne
- Does more damage while airborne
- Resists damage while airborne

So I am now a FLYING DEATH SHARK who super leaps into the air, throws an affliction grenade into a crowd of aliens, blasts them in the head on the way up and down, lands in a big SPLASH explosion then melees anyone still standing in order to harvest their shields for health. Charge up super leap, jump again, FLYING. DEATH. SHARK.

It's incredibly fun! And I'm sad that it could have been an absolute avowed 10/10 but WB seem to have screwed the pooch pretty badly and ruined everything!

Mister Six

So this is all right for someone who will never play multiplayer, then @madhair60?

I might pick it up on sale when I get a PS5 (Pro?) in Nov/Dec.

madhair60

I mean... it depends. it really depends. the moment to moment is, for me, fun as shit, i have always enjoyed it and finding it gets better the more I fuck around. I've played multiplayer a little bit but I mostly just drop in alone. the problem as it stands is when you finish the story (which really does just kinda peter out, sadly), there's just not enough to do, but i have played it for about 35 hours now and I still love the basic loop. Just be aware it gets repetitive and if you're not feeling it try one of the other characters. if you find someone you like btw, just ignore the "character psyched up" stuff - each mission will say like hey, this character earns more XP this time. it's not worth it, just stick with who you enjoy.

you'll know pretty quickly if you like it or not.

edit: i like the character interactions and voice acting a lot and the DC fanservice is very fun (and not intrusive), there's a lot to see and do.

Mister Six

Cheers, seems like a solid "wait for a huge price drop" kind of thing, then. 35 hours for, I dunno, $20-30 isn't bad. Whenever it drops that low.

Thursday

It'll probably go very cheap in the inevitable period where they announce they're going to shut off the servers.