Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:04:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ricky Gervais's After Life series 3 [split topic]

Started by Cursus, July 23, 2020, 09:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cursus

Ferris

QDRPHNC

He's got a decanter there, beneath his awards.

paruses

He'll just have to delete "(First Draft)" and it's good to go. Can't wait.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Cursus on July 23, 2020, 09:33:21 PM
Oh, dear God. I thought Covid was bad enough:

Wait, has Ricky Gervais won any awards? He never mentions it, or strategically points his camera at them.

Cuellar

batwings

Thomas

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on July 20, 2020, 11:06:43 PM
It should be said that while Fighting With My Family was a generic and cliche riddled sports/coming of age dramedy, it was a really, really good example of how to make cliches work. It had the right amount of laughs and air punching moments! While it's no classic, it is head and shoulders above After Life.

One thing my partner and I liked about Fighting with My Family was the juxtaposition of flashy Florida and tarmaccy Norwich. Enjoyed it. And an unexpected subject matter from Stephen Merchant. A slightly time-slipped wrestling biopic.

Gervais, meanwhile, continues to stun me. Whenever I see him pontificate for few seconds in an autoplaying Facebook video, positioned as a self-appointed Bertrand Russell of comedy, he reminds me of some of the amateur comics I know. Just the shallowest takes on offense and satire. Hours of drivel delivered with a philosophical air. Desperate to be one of the Incisive, Clever Comics - but one who also wrote Derek. Now there's a juxtaposition.

Cold Meat Platter

Gervais is The Darkness of comedy. In that they were rock music for people who don't really like rock music. Or still are in a desolate fashion.

evilcommiedictator

His entire house is now covered in his spunk after thinking how many people he's annoyed with that picture

idunnosomename

i kinda hope all his awards fall on his silly little black tshirt-clad bod and he is trapped and cant reach his iphone so starves and dies

but then, i am a woke triggered lib snowflake

Thomas

Quote from: evilcommiedictator on July 24, 2020, 12:04:08 AM
His entire house is now covered in his spunk after thinking how many people he's annoyed with that picture

That's one of the ways he reminds me of people I know. One person in particular likes to write inane 'edgy' posts, and then comments underneath 'wonder how many people I'll offend/annoy with this one'.

Invariably it is none.

The Lurker

idunnosomename

with everything that's going on, i forgot about that fucking bullshit. cheers

Armin Meiwes

Got to say I thought Fighting with my Family was pretty rubbish, Hello Ladies was more enjoyable than Gervais has ever done on his own tho tbf.

Hat FM

at what point next week is season 3 going to be on Netflix then?

Armin Meiwes

Double post

Catalogue Trousers

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

(First Draft). Yeah, Rick, as if you're going to put any more work into it than that.

QDRPHNC

He should be celebrating the end of the final draft, but he's so excited he can't wait the extra day.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on July 23, 2020, 11:50:58 PM
Gervais is The Darkness of comedy. In that they were rock music for people who don't really like rock music. Or still are in a desolate fashion.
Gervais referred to The Darkness as the best band going in one of the XFM shows.

Hand Solo

Quote from: The Lurker on July 24, 2020, 12:34:55 AM

Did nobody send that un-Godliman video to Captain D for further analysis, then?

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on July 24, 2020, 08:07:20 PM
(First Draft). Yeah, Rick, as if you're going to put any more work into it than that.

Actually, he needs his top-notch Script Supervisor to look over it and give him those all-important notes before he can hand over the final draft:

samadriel

It looks like you're trying to write maudlin, pandering shite!

Noodle Lizard

All this is evidence of is that he's managed to type up and print a title page for a script all by himself.

EDIT: actually he might have had help with it for all we know.

Mr Farenheit

idunnosomename

Hahaha. Took me a while to work out what youd replaced the rewards with until I zoomed in

Mr Farenheit

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 25, 2020, 10:32:35 AM
Hahaha. Took me a while to work out what youd replaced the rewards with until I zoomed in
Ah yeah, did a last minute edit to put in some text- thought they might be hard recognise.