Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:06:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Signage, newspaper headlines and text gags in The Simpsons

Started by The Mollusk, September 11, 2021, 06:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mollusk

Any discussion in this thread on the true intent behind the "Sneed's Feed and Seed" sign will result in a permanent ban, Barry just messaged me to confirm this, thanks.

imitationleather

Video Game Fan 2000

Pink Gregory

bigfatheart

BIG FAT MAN HAS SUCK AND FUCK

Little Thin Man Accused in Seed and Feed

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: bigfatheart on September 11, 2021, 06:38:33 PM
BIG FAT MAN HAS SUCK AND FUCK

Little Thin Man Accused in Seed and Feed

Incontinent fat old man needs a suck to fuck

bigfatheart

The Mollusk

non capisco

'You Need A Heart To Live' was one of those formative comedy watching experiences ("George Michael" from The Smell of Reeves and Mortimer is another one that springs immediately to mind) where the force of laughter became almost like an out of body experience.

neveragain

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 11, 2021, 07:02:18 PM

One of my absolute favourites. I think because it's an experience we can all relate to, plus I just find mundane desperation funny.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: neveragain on September 12, 2021, 12:58:58 AM
One of my absolute favourites. I think because it's an experience we can all relate to, plus I just find mundane desperation funny.

also this. the short rhythm of 'baffling ordeal' is so fucking funny to me

popcorn

QuoteRICHARD APPEL: You know how Variety always has those punning headlines? When Disney's Michael Eisner fired Jeffrey Katzenberg, one of the writers in the room was just doodling what some headlines for this story could be, all sorts of puns based on "Mouse House" and Katzenberg. And this writer kept on going throughout the morning, pitching these at random moments. At one point, George, who I think was losing some patience with this process, just blurted out, "Katz flees mouse."

Pink Gregory

Quote from: DrGreggles on September 11, 2021, 10:54:43 PM

Very mundane point, but what I love about the 'file photo' gags is that it's confirmation that Homer is very much the same when you *don't* see him.

Catalogue Trousers

This post showed the YOU SUCK, ANGRY DAD newspaper from I Am Furious - Yellow when I first posted it. It's disappeared now for some reason.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Pink Gregory on September 12, 2021, 02:37:07 AM
Very mundane point, but what I love about the 'file photo' gags is that it's confirmation that Homer is very much the same when you *don't* see him.

There's more of a plot behind those file photos than there is in Homer's later depictions. In recent episdoes there's more of a plot in the entire still.

Goldentony

also enjoy Homers HAIG IN '88 and STOCKDALE FOR VEEP shirts

DJ Bob Hoskins

Great idea for a thread. I always loved the restaurant signage back in the glory years.