Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:30:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinna sadda defeata: 13 going on TERFy: How do you 13eat 13eaver 13other

Started by madhair60, November 03, 2021, 10:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom_power

Nah, the will just have heard the remix of Professional Widow when out clubbing when they were young(er)

Dr Rock

The average Terf stopped clubbing when Boney M or The Shadows were the hot thing.

bgmnts

She genuinely just makes it clear in that tweet that she can't handle the fact that people are learning.

pigamus

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on November 13, 2021, 12:18:47 AM
His brains melted, he was referring to talking about people as 'sub tweeting them'.  Does Graham walk into a Waterstones and ask 'Excuse me, I've been trying to Google the latest book by Kathleen Stock but it appears you've not got it prominitely on display'.

And if it's not there he demands to use the Rabbit telephone to call head office

Quote from: Dr Rock on November 13, 2021, 12:24:33 PM
The average Terf stopped clubbing when Boney M or The Shadows were the hot thing.
TERFs are definitely crazy like fools, wild about Daddy Cruel

kalowski

kalowski

Quote from: phantom_power on November 13, 2021, 12:20:43 PM
Nah, the will just have heard the remix of Professional Widow when out clubbing when they were young(er)
"I like that Cornflake Girl (although I prefer Grape Nuts)."

There lived a certain man,
In Norwich long ago,
He was big and tall,
In his eyes, a tale of woe.

Most people looked at him
With sadness and a tear.
But to Twitter TERFs,
He was such a lovely dear.

He could preach Jo's essay like a preacher,
Though he was a fucking liar.
But he also was the kind of creature
Sian would desire.

Gra-ham Li-ne-han
World's biggest baby man
He had a wife
But she wanted out.

Gra-ham Li-ne-han
Still not past his Twitter ban
It was a shame how he carried on...

JamesTC

Quote from: Dr Rock on November 13, 2021, 12:24:33 PM

The average Terf stopped clubbing when the mammoths went extinct.

He ruled the Twitter land
And never mind the guys
But the transgenders,
They always turned off replies

In all affairs of hate,
He was the man to please
But he was real great
When a girl, he could browbeat.

For Rowling, he was a wheeler dealer
She'd not heard the things he'd done
She believed the cunt had gone bananas
And that she would shun.

FalknerHinton

Quote from: kalowski on November 13, 2021, 01:45:45 PM
The nastiness in that throwaway line: "Then we look like the pervs." Says it all.

That's a revealingly nasty line. I think my question to that person is, regardless of what you call yourselves, why do you want to picket primary schools?

RicoMNKN

Quote from: kalowski on November 13, 2021, 01:45:45 PM
The nastiness in that throwaway line: "Then we look like the pervs." Says it all.

It also shows that they have a really unhealthy, repressed view of sex.
I mean, they think that most people think sex is a rude word?!

The religious groups who fund them will be pleased.

wrec

Quote from: Kankurette on November 13, 2021, 11:36:05 AM
I'm sure Tori is going to be sobbing into her piano when she finds out some random people who probably only own Scarlet's Walk won't be going to see her.

Even in a Twitter search tweets about this (almost all that I can see are in reply to Joss Prior, and supportive) are far outnumbered by general fandom. She probably won't even be aware of this non-controversy.

Also outside of the UK media I think transphobia as a public position would generally be associated with the religious right, far right and "everything is called racist now" crowd. I see people expressing relief that Amos isn't transphobic, but why would she be? She's not a Guardian columnist, aging comedian or "telling it like it is" podcaster.

JamesTC

Of course this would get Glinner excited.

Nothing concerning there at all.

Nope, nothing concerning at all. No creepy men talking about young breasts not being caressed at all.

I wish I could find a cached version with the deleted comment.

Dr Rock

It's also just another way to imply that this is happening to very young girls, like how Glinner talks about 'children' and 'kids' when he means 16-17 year olds. Yes legally they aren't adults, but the terfs know what they are doing using such words. Including waiting lists, what's the youngest a person could get top surgery in the UK?

Mister Six

I love that he misspelled (or at least didn't notice autocorrect fucking up) "Grammarly".

retsuza

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Dr Rock on November 13, 2021, 05:06:00 PM
It's also just another way to imply that this is happening to very young girls, like how Glinner talks about 'children' and 'kids' when he means 16-17 year olds. Yes legally they aren't adults, but the terfs know what they are doing using such words.
They're making a huge amount of hay over a TikTok video which allegedly shows an autistic "girl" (trans man) after having top surgery but who the fuck knows what's actually going on in a TikTok video or whether it's even real.

QuoteIncluding waiting lists, what's the youngest a person could get top surgery in the UK?
The NHS website only talks about surgery for adults. To qualify you have to have socially transitioned for at least a year before a referral is made.

FalknerHinton

Quote from: JamesTC on November 13, 2021, 04:46:40 PM

It wasn't a call for volunteers, you nonce.

In other news, One of the people behind Gender Critical Coming Out Day won't be coming out

source

jamiefairlie

Christ, imagine being so thick that you rely on TikTok for your news coverage and trust it if it supports your argument. Pathetic.

Jollity

It's also just another way to imply that this is happening to very young girls, like how Glinner talks about 'children' and 'kids' when he means 16-17 year olds. Yes legally they aren't adults, but the terfs know what they are doing using such words. Including waiting lists, what's the youngest a person could get top surgery in the UK?

They'll be condescending to adult trans men as well. Elliot Page is in his thirties, but that didn't stop them all from saying he was too young to possibly be able to understand the implications of his decision.

Meanwhile, eleven year old trans girls are dangerous predatory men.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Glinner talks about 'children' and 'kids' when he means 16-17 year olds.
Just to reiterate, in Ireland a sixteen year old can
- leave school
- drive a motorcycle under 125cc
- drive a tractor
- work a 40 hour week (for less than minimum wage)
- change their name via deed poll with their parents' consent
- leave home with their parents' consent

A seventeen year old can
- all of the above
- consent to sex

So, not quite adults, but not little children either.

JamesTC

Quote from: Better Midlands on November 13, 2021, 06:38:33 PM

Oh dear, Karen Actually isn't happy

This is great. Will Glinner even acknowledge it or will she just enter his list of enemies to be read out when the world peaks and he becomes a hero?

Cuellar

Tried to see those tweets in situ and her account has been suspended, so it says.

JamesTC

Quote from: Cuellar on November 13, 2021, 08:09:54 PM
Tried to see those tweets in situ and her account has been suspended, so it says.

Yeah, account gone now but Google still shows some of the tweets.

Wondering if the TERFs saw she had gone rogue and decided to trawl through her history and find something to report. Like when Limmy offended Kpop.

Would be hilarious if Glinner doesn't see the tweets and does a journalism about her getting banned.

Barry Admin

Yeah, they've caught on that this is all about Linehan wanting more people to be out like him to bear the pressure, and that he doesn't give a shit about women's reason for staying anonymous.