Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:14:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

FBI warns agents about Havana Syndrome

Started by Alberon, November 26, 2021, 01:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alberon

The FBI has warned its staff about Havana Syndrome and the effects to look out for.

QuoteThe FBI has warned its employees about Havana Syndrome, a mysterious ailment that appears to have affected US diplomats and spies in several countries in recent years and manifests as a brain injury.

More than 200 US officials, from the state department, CIA and national security council (NSC), have suffered from some form of symptoms – including dizziness, nausea and headaches. The phenomenon was first identified in Cuba but has happened elsewhere.

In a statement to NBC News, the FBI has now admitted that it has warned its staff about the issue, which it refers to as Anomalous Health Incidents. Calling the reporting of AHI a "top priority" the agency told the US network that it had "messaged its workforce on how to respond if they experience an AHI, how to report an incident, and where they can receive medical evaluations for symptoms or persistent effects".

I started a thread on this about four years ago.

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=62469.0

QuoteA National Academy of Sciences report last year found that the injuries were most likely caused by "directed pulsed radio frequency energy", raising the prospect of a form of weapon being used for attacks on US government officials.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/nov/25/havana-syndrome-fbi-warns-staff-amid-reports-of-symptoms-among-agents

When the first reports first came out of Cuba no-one really seemed to take them seriously. It seems unlikely that the US diplomatic branch and the secret services would get caught up in a bout of hysteria.

So what is going on here?

Is there really some sort of debilitating weapon being used on US personnel?

Sebastian Cobb

No but they've managed to get a bill through for free healthcare for the symptoms anyway so win win.

Cuellar

EOLAN

I would say that the US diplomatic branch and secret services are getting caught up in a bout of hysteria.

chveik

Quote from: Alberon on November 26, 2021, 01:30:28 PMIt seems unlikely that the US diplomatic branch and the secret services would get caught up in a bout of hysteria.

are you fucking serious?!

The Ombudsman

I bet if it is real, it's something they are causing themselves rather than anyone else.

Johnny Foreigner

Quote from: Alberon on November 26, 2021, 01:30:28 PMIs there really some sort of debilitating weapon being used on US personnel?

It's a secret radio transmission of the famous Hebrew classic, Havana Gila.

Alberon

Here's an article from New York Magazine discussing the Sociogenic illness angle (they prefer that to mass hysteria, which I used above, which has misogynistic origins).

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/11/havana-syndrome-the-misconception-about-a-mystery-illness.html

Which has several huffy comments underneath from people saying how dare they suggest it isn't some mysterious weapon.

I've no real idea what is going on. Suspected cases keep popping up four years into this and reports have come from embassies in Colombia, Europe and China as well. Though the original Havana story would have been big news for the diplomatic service and staff move around, I assume.

Whatever the cause it's all very fucking bizarre.

Johnny Foreigner

Indeed, hysteria, or as I prefer to call it, 'a fit of the mother', is caused by a wench's womb.

George Oscar Bluth II

I think it's almost certainly sociogenic illness of some kind because for it to be a directed energy weapon of some kind we have to believe the Chinese (or Russians, or Cubans) have access to some kind of tech that the west doesn't and which no-one has ever even theorised about a way for it to exist.

Unless such weapons do exist and the Americans have their own version? In which case, they should probably tell us.

Captain Z

Why would they tell us? A significant purpose of a military organisation is to develop advanced technologies and keep them hidden from general knowledge if they give you an advantage.

Alberon

China isn't as technologically backward as the Russians were in the last cold war. While the evidence for a weapon is iffy at best I do think there are technological areas where the Chinese are ahead of America.

Video Game Fan 2000

Pinball

Directed microwave weapons. Presumably US personnel could wear a detector-alarm to warn them of Russian attack.

Catalogue Trousers

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Pinball on November 27, 2021, 01:17:29 PMDirected microwave weapons. Presumably US personnel could wear a detector-alarm to warn them of Russian attack.
Or carry a fork around.

Video Game Fan 2000

I used to make a living man picking the banana

Pinball

It seems only a matter of time before Putin's head explodes during one of his DictatorCons. It would certainly send a message to Winnie the Poo etc.

PlanktonSideburns

Sounds pretty inline with secret service people to chat absolute chaotic bollocks with no clear goal

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Pinball on November 27, 2021, 01:17:29 PMDirected microwave weapons. Presumably US personnel could wear a detector-alarm to warn them of Russian attack.

Russian attack? Delusional Neolib hawk cunt

It was the US launching them against their own.

All Surrogate

Sebastian Cobb

The symptoms are so vague I reckon it's a mixture of normal generic illness and paranoia with some cases being entirely psychosomatic and some actual lead-swingers jumping on the bandwagon as well.

chveik

it's a shame really because US intelligence assets truly deserve to suffer

Pinball

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 28, 2021, 11:38:16 AMRussian attack? Delusional Neolib hawk cunt

It was the US launching them against their own.
Are you ok, Blodders? Someone give Blodders a hug.

I am none of the things you allege in your abusive post, you silly, childish person.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Havana_syndrome

"U.S. intelligence and government officials have expressed suspicions to the press that Russian military intelligence is responsible".

It happened in Cuba to US personnel. The balance of probabilities as to who was responsible seem pretty clear. What is your evidence that US personnel were attacking other US personnel? What a delusional thing to say.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: chveik on November 28, 2021, 04:20:22 PMit's a shame really because US intelligence assets truly deserve to suffer

I suspect part of it envy over not having a machine themselves. They definitely have acoustic cannons and other 'non-lethal hostile weaponry' so rf weapons aren't far from their playbook.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Pinball on November 28, 2021, 05:29:51 PMAre you ok, Blodders? Someone give Blodders a hug.

I am none of the things you allege in your abusive post, you silly, childish person.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Havana_syndrome

"U.S. intelligence and government officials have expressed suspicions to the press that Russian military intelligence is responsible".

It happened in Cuba to US personnel. The balance of probabilities as to who was responsible seem pretty clear. What is your evidence that US personnel were attacking other US personnel? What a delusional thing to say.

Dear oh dear. Listen to yourself. Playing war games in your sand pit while daddy mows the lawn

chveik

the only machine is the imperialist war machine. the rest is spooky stories for manchildren