Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:04:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Oxide Ghosts back on tour in UK/Ire 2022

Started by Blinder Data, December 03, 2021, 04:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinder Data

To celebrate the 25th anniversary of Brasseye (!), Michael Cumming's Oxide Ghosts is hitting the road again next year.

Full list of dates: http://www.michaelcumming.co.uk/oxide%20ghosts/

Hard to believe I saw this four flippin' years ago! Needless to say, if you're a Chris Morris or Brasseye, it's a must - the unseen footage is great.

(Old thread: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=61887.0)

shoulders

McChesney Duntz

It irritates me so to know that I will almost certainly never be able to see this.

M-CORP

Just seen this and immediately booked a ticket for Southampton even though it's four months away, because screw it. I haven't seen this and like what I've heard.

Thomas

The last date there is in Brixton. London Cabbers ought to book that one, just in case one C. Morris makes a surprise appearance. Arthur Matthews turned up for the Dublin screening last time.

Egyptian Feast

Quote from: Thomas on December 03, 2021, 09:19:30 PMThe last date there is in Brixton. London Cabbers ought to book that one, just in case one C. Morris makes a surprise appearance. Arthur Matthews turned up for the Dublin screening last time.

Sold! I was kicking myself I missed the last tour.

Mister Six

Quote from: McChesney Duntz on December 03, 2021, 05:45:38 PMIt irritates me so to know that I will almost certainly never be able to see this.

Same here.

flotemysost

Booked for Brixton! Thanks Blinder for the heads up, I missed this last time round so looking forward to it.

dr beat

Thanks Blinder! Just booked for the Cameo.

Edit: Looks like the date for Edinburgh might not be correct - the Cameo website has it on the 5th March, not the 6th.

Glebe

Nice, saw it at The Sugar Club with Micheal Cummings Q&A here in Dublin but would relish another showing!

Ferris

Quote from: McChesney Duntz on December 03, 2021, 05:45:38 PMIt irritates me so to know that I will almost certainly never be able to see this.

I am similarly furious. The decision to play the other Halifax is insult to injury.

Greg Torso

Tempted to go to fucking Derby to see this.

AzureSky

Quote from: Greg Torso on December 05, 2021, 12:04:04 AMTempted to go to fucking Derby to see this.

Did the same last night, it's a Friday so slightly less disruptive than other dates and it's not hours away from me, as most of the other options are.

another Mr. Lizard

Quote from: Greg Torso on December 05, 2021, 12:04:04 AMTempted to go to fucking Derby to see this.

I interviewed Cummings and hosted the q&a last time he brought Oxide Ghosts to QUAD. Had no idea it would be returning.

AnOrdinaryBoy

There's the slighest chance I might be back home in Derbyshire in March after two and a half years away due to the pandemic; I'm tempted to buy a ticket on the off chance I am.

imitationleather

I'd go to the Derby date if I got to meet Greg Torso (and everyone else going) as part of the deal.

Suttonpubcrawl and boki are going to that night as well, I understand.

GoblinAhFuckScary

fuck it buying a ticket for brighton. or rather... waiting to see if someone will go with me :)

DrumsAndWires

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on December 12, 2021, 03:45:02 AMfuck it buying a ticket for brighton. or rather... waiting to see if someone will go with me :)

I impulsively bought a ticket for brighton as soon as i saw it announced

don't know anyone who likes Brass Eye in brighton where i am, but fuck it, it's worth watching with or w/o someone

iamcoop

I have a ticket for Newcastle if any other local scoundrels fancy kissing beforehand.

shoulders

Annoying they haven't found a Leeds venue yet. Wasn't it shown at Hyde Park Picture House last time around? That's been closed for long term refurbishment so maybe that's caught them unawares?

iamcoop

Get a ticket for Newcastle Shoulders and we can kiss beforehand.

DrumsAndWires

imitationleather

iamcoop

the Fallen

shoulders

Captain Z

No Wales dates last time around and only Bangor this time is a bit rough. Was lucky enough to see it in Bham but would be lightly bonkers if it was less easy for me to travel.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

I like that this has been coming back as often as it is. If he'd done the first tour and said that's it, if you missed it tough, it'd be shit never to see it again.

Was thinking though this is probably the same frequency I'd watch it anyway even if I owned it, so happy to go and see it with a bunch of people every couple of years.

shoulders

When I try to buy the York City Screen tickets it comes up with a big red cross through the Q+A. Huh?! I would like to attend the Q+A please.