Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:16:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkingtons On Cinema podcast

Started by RickyGerbail, November 26, 2011, 11:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I love gregg, but I don't want to see him pulling VHS's out of a bin bag every week.
Even if Mark shot his wad and that's his entire repertoire, think of all the exciting scrapes WC fields and the gang could get up to!

QDRPHNC

I'm not worried about Mark running out of steam. Could anyone have predicted he'd be able to add a near flawless C3PO to his already impressive roster?

chveik

mark pork is the most talented impersonator in the industry

McChesney Duntz

Chollis

Spoiler alert
fucking lol at the post credits reveal. perfect
[close]

QDRPHNC

Tim's ongoing breakdown is fascinating.

Spoiler alert
Tim: If you do believe [in the afterlife] then you need to accept that this is possible, that I can communicate with angels, angels are involved with my life. I can go beyond the gates of Heaven and exist there for periods of time, come back and have that experience colour and dictate the kind of person I am. There's no question about that. That is not controversial. Is Dr. San a controversial person? Has he made mistakes in his life? Absolutely. Does that mean he doesn't exist as an angel? No! That's doesn't mean he doesn't exist. Ach... you know. I don't know! But he's not here... now.
[close]

Joe Estevez: I think we get the drift of what you're trying to say.

Tim: Yeah.

I feel like I need to say something about that "yeah" there. I must have watched it 10 times in a row. It's all in the delivery.

As for the new direction of D4...

Spoiler alert
Spiritual Rapapella is what they're calling it.
[close]

And finally, HUGE SPOILER, after the lights fade...

Spoiler alert
Gregg: Tim, you do know that it was Matt who was doing the Dr. San voice through your walls, right? He was pranking you, he was imitated Dr. San, talking through the wall of your house. And now you're not there you're not hearing it any more.

Joe: That's not very nice.
[close]

Overall, this has been a really strong season, and very happy that they didn't phone it in or change what they were doing after the move to HEI. They seem to be putting the subscription money to good use.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Chollis on December 09, 2021, 05:34:35 PM
Spoiler alert
fucking lol at the post credits reveal. perfect
[close]

Yep, I did not see that coming.

Captain Z

Did I miss some kind of shenanigans with the Heilot voting? When I looked with 3 days to go, Rock House and Mark's COC were way out in front with around 36% each. Popcorn Shuffle isn't listed in the final results at all.

QDRPHNC

Yeah, there was something on Twitter but I didn't really follow it. Tim took Popcorn Shuffle out of contention.

QDRPHNC

boinks

Just gone back to series one of OC (again) and can't help but be a bit sad by the contrast in Gregg's mobility in his neck to the most recent S12 eps. Hope it's not something that's just going to keep getting worse, none of my business of course but as a Gregghead I need him to keep telling me what to watch for another 30 years at least.

QDRPHNC

boinks

Spoiler alert
Please let us have a full-length Deck of Cards movie!
[close]

Famous Mortimer

Not really anything to do with this thread, but I was just watching "The Attic Expeditions", a pretty odd little 2001 sort-of thriller, and there's a familiar name buried deep in the credits (doesn't appear to be on his IMDB page, either, although I didn't look extremely hard):

QDRPHNC

According to Wikipedia, he also played "Orderly".

Famous Mortimer

I didn't notice him, but then again I wasn't looking, and he probably looked quite different in 2001.

MrMrs

If anyone wants to see the latest season dm me, I'll share my log in info.

MrMrs

Many heilot shows are there? Rock House, xposed, Mark's and Greg's? One episode of each aside from xposed which has two, right?

Petey Pate

The most recent episode of Office Hours celebrates Tim's birthday and features the real-life Mark Proksch and an out-of-character Gregg Turkington. It's one of the funniest Office Hours shows I've seen.

It also contains the revelation that Gregg thinks that Dr Strangelove is 'unwatchable' (?!) and that Mark has strong opinions on the filming equipment used to make Happy Days.

boinks

I really enjoyed seeing the three of them together, particularly enjoyed the confused live comments from people couldn't work Mark out at all.

Yeah, that was really good. I've still got an hour to go.
Greg is great :D I've forgotten the funny things he said already, but he had the highest hit rate for me.

Mark's bit when he goes "we always used to kiss on the lips when we met"
and Tim goes "Yeah, that's because we're really comfortable with our masculinity and can-"
"No, I really wanna fuck you" :D

Quote from: MrMrs on February 10, 2022, 11:49:22 AMSounds good but Office Hours is unwatchable

Haha, yeah, I've never been able to listen to one of these before, just lots of barriers come up and I close myself off. That guy playing all the sound clips, it's like Harry Enfield's annoying little brother character is in his sisters bedroom sabotaging her podcast, but you do sort of tune it out, it becomes less annoying after a while, but it's still there when it's adding something.

I liked that bit when someone said something like "A monkey covering a john lennon song" and he was instantly there with an oasis clip :D

trabuch

Quote from: boinks on February 10, 2022, 09:29:25 PMI really enjoyed seeing the three of them together, particularly enjoyed the confused live comments from people couldn't work Mark out at all.

Mark Porsche makes me laugh a lot.

Dickie_Anders

I have noticed that American radio shows seem to think the "drops" (sound clips) are funny and good. Don't think I've ever laughed at one, except maybe "Here comes the faildozer" from Ron and Fez

I have a feeling that it was something that seemed fresh and hilarious during the infancy of the "morning zoo" format that somehow carried over into talk radio. Tim Heidecker and crew are obviously doing it with irony, but I suspect part of them actually find it funny too. I can't stand it 95% of the time

The sound clips used to do my nut in when listening to old Howard Stern but I got used to them pretty quick. But they do my nut in on Office Hours

Noodle Lizard

I think that's the only thing Gregg's been a part of that I haven't sat through to the end. Including Sounds of the International Airport Restrooms.