Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:27:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Boris Johnson - Time Running out?

Started by Alberon, December 09, 2021, 01:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alberon

Things have got so bad for Johnson it's time for the final straw - a dedicated CaB thread about it.

There are the multiple Tory Christmas parties in government and in Tory HQ last year while the country was on lockdown, the refurbishment of the flat he's accused of lying to the standards advisor over, trying to bring in more restrictions against the wishes of most of his MPs, the upcoming by-election (almost certainly lost to the Lib Dems) caused by the totally unforced error of defending and then dropping Owen Paterson over sleaze allegations and so on and so on.

The lax and dishonest way he's run his government from day one is finally coming home to roost. His one shield was his popularity in the country. That's gone. Two recent polls have recorded opinions that he should resign running over 50%.

Is this, finally, the beginning of the end? Is time running out for the blond fuckhead?

Tony Tony Tony

Reckon folks are realising that behind the veneer of a bumbling idiot Boris puts on is a bumbling idiot.

If he loses his job how will he feed his seven kids? (as at last estimate)

poo

Nothing bumbling about him. All highly orchestrated.

Fambo Number Mive

I really hope so, but I also hope that Johnson still wants to be PM and is dragged kicking from Number 10 by Sir Graham Brady.

His election as PM has divided the UK in the same way Trump divided the US.

If he's happy to leave power and just toddles off that would be disappointing. Wonder if he'll write more articles for the Telegraph and Spectator.

I don't think we'll see a Labour government in 2024, not even Starmer's New Labour version of it. I think Sunak will win the 2024 election for the Tories but Starmer won't resign, it'll be blamed on Corbyn somehow "he distracted me by cycling past me one day" or some rubbish.

Fry

I fucking hate the lying, backstabbing self serving cunt and am just edging myself as I watch his downfall. Where his narcissism and aversion to ever taking responsibility for anything will end with him fucking over all of his similarly odious cronies and its going to be glorious to watch. Case in point, seeing images of Allegra Stratton crying and humiliated on the front pages today,  felt really good after remembering that shitty newsnight package from a few years ago where she condescended to that poor single mother for suggesting that perhaps working full time should earn you enough to have a one bedroom flat to raise a baby in. So cheers for that Bojo.

Glebe

It's like people have finally cottoned to him being a psychopathic bag of shit!

Blumf

Who are his potential replacements? Just seems to be a horde of nonentities. All cunts, of course.

Rishi?

imitationleather

Jittlebags

I can just see Priti Patel in dominatrix gear standing behind that Downing Street lectern. Giving the British people a good, hard verbal whiplash.

Alberon

Liz Truss copied Thatcher by riding around in a tank, so she's literally on maneouvers.

They're all soulless, second-rate, scrabbling, rat-bastards and replacing Johnson will give them a poll boost enough to win the next election over the useless opposition.

But he is generally destructive enough that we can celebrate getting him out.

monkfromhavana

Johnson doesn't want to be PM anymore as it's getting in the way of his lifestyle, so I doubt he cares.

I suspect that what will come after will be worse - better managed but still with all of the press on their side. I don't think it matters how much of a nonentity they are, if they tell big business that they're willing to drop tax to zero and machine gun anyone who opposes, they will be a shoo-in.

Labour won't do fuck all, they're just hoping that enough people hate the Tories to vote for them.

idunnosomename

I fucking hate tgeir new cunt baby im gonna boot it into a fickin hedge

Jack Shaftoe

Quote from: poo on December 09, 2021, 01:46:35 PMNothing bumbling about him. All highly orchestrated.

Honestly, I think that's giving him way too much credit. Some of his schtick is definitely orchestrated (the carefully ruffled hair, the Jeremy Vine thing about seeing him giving the same 'improvised' speech twice), but it doesn't seem to be in support of anything other than bolstering his image as a lovable overgrown schoolboy. Beyond that, he doesn't seem to have a clue what he's doing, and now the schtick is wearing thin, it's telling how little else he has in his armoury.

He's very much like Cameron in that most of his motivation for becoming PM seems to be larks, entitlement and getting one over on his old school chums. Like Cameron, he'd achieved 99% of his prime ministerial ambitions the second he walked over the threshold of Number 10.

Alberon

He's a lazy fuck. Up till becoming PM he could half-arse it through his jobs and get away with it, and the bumbling image helped.

But now he's in Number 10 with little support structure left in place. He crashes from one disaster to the next just thinking of the immediate news coverage with no long term planning.

I think he always wanted to be PM and wanted to have been PM. It's the bit in the middle he can't deal with.

Bigfella

In Prime Minister's Questions yesterday he was confronted about the Downing Street parties which took place while normal people couldn't visit dying relatives.  He dismissed such questions as 'playing party politics' and said they were a distraction from the government from getting on with the job.  He repeated those excuses to the following question. 

idunnosomename

One of the things I liked about Jeremy Corbyn is while he was never as rude as I was just then, he would never ever waste his time making wanky statements like this

https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1468890817456652292

Instead preferring to talk about his constituents, vulnerable minorities, those  forgotten by the system, and marking religious festivals and other community celebrations

By comparison Sir Kier revels in the "may i do the honour of giving my right honourable bumchum a jolly good frotting on having their sixth or seventh spawning"

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Jack Shaftoe on December 09, 2021, 02:01:15 PMHonestly, I think that's giving him way too much credit. Some of his schtick is definitely orchestrated (the carefully ruffled hair, the Jeremy Vine thing about seeing him giving the same 'improvised' speech twice), but it doesn't seem to be in support of anything other than bolstering his image as a lovable overgrown schoolboy. Beyond that, he doesn't seem to have a clue what he's doing, and now the schtick is wearing thin, it's telling how little else he has in his armoury.

He's very much like Cameron in that most of his motivation for becoming PM seems to be larks, entitlement and getting one over on his old school chums. Like Cameron, he'd achieved 99% of his prime ministerial ambitions the second he walked over the threshold of Number 10.

I think Cameron had a unpleasant Thatcherite commitment to austerity and redistributing money from the poor to the rich.  I think Johnson has much less of an ideology than Cameron, he mainly seems to care about Winston Churchill and people who are his mates or he stands to personally benefit from.

In the end Cameron's legacy is pathetic. For five of the six years he was in power he was propped up by the Lib Dems. All he succeeded in doing was destroying public services and taking the UK out of the EU. I think only Callaghan,Blair and Thatcher are more despised as ex prime-ministers than he is. I think Johnson will cling on for another six months at least, but I think his legacy will be pathetic as well.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 09, 2021, 02:05:11 PMOne of the things I liked about Jeremy Corbyn is while he was never as rude as I was just then, he would never ever waste his time making wanky statements like this

https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1468890817456652292

Instead preferring to talk about his constituents, vulnerable minorities, those  forgotten by the system, and marking religious festivals and other community celebrations

By comparison Sir Kier revels in the "may i do the honour of giving my right honourable bumchum a jolly good frotting on having their sixth or seventh spawning"

One CLP youth officer has commented "Keir Starmer congratulating Carrie & Boris is a work courtesy" as if Johnson was Starmer's boss or something. Also, why is a Labour Party member talking about "Carrie and Boris" as if he is mates with them.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

If he goes it'll be because his own crowd get rid of him.

BoJo would've bumbled along just fine under the radar if the world hadn't ended in 2020. If Brexit went tits up he could've blamed Remoaners, Ireland, the EU, Theresa May, the Labour Party etc. He was in charge  when the pandemic started. His party were in government when the pandemic started. There's no palming this off on someone else. The bumbling idiot persona was a massive disadvantage to him in this particular crisis.

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on December 09, 2021, 02:13:19 PMAlso, why is a Labour Party member talking about "Carrie and Boris" as if he is mates with them.
angling for a threesome

Jack Shaftoe

I remember late of this parish Richard Preddy telling me (and may have said it here too) that he shared a lift with Cameron once and was astonished by just how much posher he was in real life and realised he must have been massively playing down his accent once he was well-known, which is hard to get one's head round.

jobotic

Decent chap Starmer. Solid. Very good.

He doesn't have to wish the new baby ill does he? Just don't say a fucking thing.

Jittlebags

I remember Cameron mainly for the two years he spent wanking in his shed.

Jack Shaftoe

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on December 09, 2021, 02:10:06 PMI think Cameron had a unpleasant Thatcherite commitment to austerity and redistributing money from the poor to the rich.  I think Johnson has much less of an ideology than Cameron, he mainly seems to care about Winston Churchill and people who are his mates or he stands to personally benefit from.

True, I think Johnson just wanted to waltz out of Number 10 and onto writing shit books and doing (more) after-dinner speeches and directorships for a lot of money. He'll still get that but hopefully nowhere near as well as he would have hoped now And and Dec have called him a lying cunt on telly.

Alberon

Quote from: jobotic on December 09, 2021, 02:20:27 PMDecent chap Starmer. Solid. Very good.

He doesn't have to wish the new baby ill does he? Just don't say a fucking thing.

He'd get attacked for saying nothing.

Just rolling out the usual pleasantries and moving on is the best way of doing it.

lipsink

He's got time to wish BoJo all the best for his latest cumstain but can't show concern or support for MPs in his own party who've faced racist abuse (Butler, Abbott and he's supposedly never even spoken to Sultana!!)

jobotic

I'm not convinced that Johnson won't be alright - maybe fire a missile at France or hold some refugees heads under the water and he'll be a hero again.

Even if he does go though the next PM will have to be ERG/CRG/HI-NRG approved so we won't be any better off. We all enjoyed Hancock's downfall but we got Javid.

Fambo Number Mive

At least the next PM probably won't be one who most of the country regard as a loveable bumbler. I imagine that once Johnson goes some of the "Red Wall" support will go.

Unless Mogg becomes PM but I think his HIGNFY hosting "LOLRANDOM MAN FROM 1830" imagine isn't as a strong as it was.

Although there's all the "Dishi Rishi" stuff for Sunak.

Captain Z

It's ten o'clock, the polls have now closed, which means we can now see the result of the exit poll...

...and there it is - an increased Conservative majority, projecting an increase of a further 10 seats for the Conservatives.

Alberon

Mogg has been getting calls to resign as well over joking about the Christmas parties. I think his shtick has gone as far as it can.