Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:55:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinna sadda defeata: 13 going on TERFy: How do you 13eat 13eaver 13other

Started by madhair60, November 03, 2021, 10:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfatheart

I find the veneration of JK Rowling, and her elevation into a near-mythical figure, weird, seeing as she's made a handful of TERFy statements but hasn't really pushed their movement forward or articulated anything in a way that they haven't before. Just what is it about the multi-millionaire JK Rowling that is so appealing to Are Graham?

Ferris

I'm trying to get a festive element in there.

Good Glin Wenceslas 14: Gathering Winter Fuel Allowances

JaDanketies

Graham seems to be being forced out of Pope Ted for being horrible

The Late Satoru Iwata

The Late Satoru Iwata

Mister Six

Quote from: Buttered Ghost on December 18, 2021, 11:13:53 PMFashing through the show
On a blue tick Twitter day,
All replies turned off,
Peaking all the way.
(Ba-na-nas!)
Posts on Substack ding,
Making Graham right.
What fun it is to cook and eat
Carbonara tonight, oh!

Glingle bells, Glingle bells,
Single all the way.
Oh what fun it is to hide
On a sock puppet account, hey!
Glingle bells, Glingle bells,
Mingling? No way!
Oh what fun it is to try
To invite Queen Rowling.

(Doesn't hold a candle to @Mister Six but I tried).

Nah, that was definitely great. Made me laugh a bunch of times, especially "Single all the way."

Quote from: Ferris on December 18, 2021, 11:25:16 PMI'm trying to get a festive element in there.

This is brilliant too.

Captain Z

Quote from: JaDanketies on December 18, 2021, 11:36:14 PMGraham seems to be being forced out of Pope Ted for being horrible

(google amp daily mail link)

QuoteThe Bafta-winning creator of Father Ted says fear of the trans lobby could force him out of a new stage musical of the hit TV show because of his outspoken views.

Graham Linehan, whose writing credits also include The IT Crowd, has been attacked by trans activists for his defence of women's rights and the importance of biological sex.

Now producers at Hat Trick Productions have told him that plans for a stage musical of Father Ted could collapse unless he removes his name from the credits over fears that the show could become a target for trans campaigners.

'The production company are terrified that as soon as it opens, trans activists will try and shut it down,' scriptwriter Mr Linehan told The Mail on Sunday.

'Hat Trick have simply told me it will be impossible for them to be able to finance the show unless I am no longer associated with it. I'm considering leaving for the good of the show.

'I am not concerned by trans activists but my producers are.'

He is not the only writer to risk being written out of their own creations after falling foul of the transgender lobby. Last week Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling was 'erased' from the trailer for Fantastic Beasts, a film based on one of her books.

Mr Linehan believes biological sex is more important than the controversial idea that an individual can choose a 'self-identified' gender, which has seen biological men demand the right to use women's lavatories and changing rooms.

Hat Trick had asked Mr Linehan to remain silent on the subject, but he had found it difficult.

'The warnings from the production company became more insistent,' explained Mr Linehan.

'After a while, I had a very funny meeting with a top public relations guy at the company.

'I'd hoped it might help improve my image. Instead he said: "Graham, I have to tell you, there are some people in the office who won't work for you".'

Mr Linehan added: 'In almost every company I've worked with there are now young employees who are ferociously authoritarian.

'They seem to think that unless you believe the same things as them then you have no right to take part in society.'

Mr Linehan said that criticising transgender activists had also led to job offers being withdrawn.

Activists have branded Mr Linehan transphobic on social media. Pink News, an LGBTQ+ online magazine, has published more than 75 articles declaring him a bigot.

He reported that activists had also threatened his wife's business and published her home address online, which put a strain on their relationship. The couple are getting divorced.

Mr Linehan has also been visited twice by the police after complaints from well-known transgender activists.

In an article for The Mail on Sunday last year, he wrote: 'We are in a world where male sexual offenders in bad wigs assault female prisoners, where rape centres are defunded because they won't admit men and where a bloke in a full beard tells schoolchildren that he's a lesbian and we're informed with venomous aggression that we may not talk about any of it.'

He described the scandals unfolding around the treatment of children with gender problems as 'a global version of the Jimmy Savile scandal and Rotherham'.

The past decade has seen a rise of 2,634 per cent in referrals to Tavistock Clinic, the leading child and adolescent gender identity clinic.

'I can't understand why people aren't more angry,' he said.

'Young girls all over the world are being drawn into something that will cause them irreversible damage.

'When I started speaking out, I thought people would back me up. With the honourable exception of Jonathan Ross, not one of my former friends has stood by me.'

Father Ted was first broadcast in 1995 and ran for three series to great critical acclaim.

Planning for the musical started more than two years ago but has been delayed by Covid-19.

Mr Linehan believes it would not have been made in today's cancel culture.

'If the trans orthodoxy continues, writers will not be free to produce work like Father Ted, or Monty Python, or anything else.'

JaDanketies

Glad that he's apparently out of Pope Ted. I would've liked to have seen it but there's no way I can if his pockets are involved. Or maybe he's ruined Ted for me but I'm sure people I know might be more excited and invite me.

FalknerHinton

I'm sure it's just a huge coincidence, but hasn't Jo Bartosch (the writer of the Mail article) had her work republished on the SGB?

I'd say "written for the SGB" but we all know that's not how Graham operates. He exploits the work of women and makes money off their backs.

edit: ah

If you search for her name a whole load of GLINNERS TWITTERs come up too, so she's mentioned in them.

Mister Six

Such a disingenuous headline: Father Ted creator Graham Linehan claims trans zealots are forcing him out of the stage version of his own show because of his outspoken defence of women's rights

Outspoken like the bloke outside my apartment building last night who was screaming at his own reflection in a shop window is outspoken.

Glad I got that lyric up before this news broke, though; I really like that line.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: JaDanketies on December 18, 2021, 11:36:14 PMGraham seems to be being forced out of Pope Ted for being horrible
Ahem.

"Daily Mail journalist blithely laps up Graham Linehan's paranoid delusions and never bothers to contact Hat Trick Productions to confirm his assertions."

Cuellar

(google amp daily mail link)

Jesus christ could he sound any more like a desperate, out of touch old bastard.

"If the trans orthodoxy continues, writers will not be free to produce work like Father Ted, or Monty Python"

Father Ted was almost 30 years ago. Monty Python was FIFTY fucking years ago. It was already old fashioned when I was young for fuck's sake. And why would 'the trans orthodoxy' prevent someone from writing the Dead Parrot Sketch? Just a string of non sequiturs.

"If 'the alternative comedy orthodoxy' continues, writers won't be free to produce mother-in-law jokes, and racist impressions"

Things move on you clapped out old fraud.

edit: What Poirot said, too.

Ferris

It's not worth reading. He has found a friendly space to do his usual "cancel culture" routine but it seems the production company is telling him to leave rather than any external group.

He seems like such a nice chap to work with so I can't imagine why they've told him to push off.

Oh right, there was that "feud"...
https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2019/0610/1054500-father-ted-creators-end-feud-to-finish-musical/

FalknerHinton

Quote from: Mister Six on December 18, 2021, 11:46:11 PMSuch a disingenuous headline: Father Ted creator Graham Linehan claims trans zealots are forcing him out of the stage version of his own show because of his outspoken defence of women's rights

Outspoken like the bloke outside my apartment building last night who was screaming at his own reflection in a shop window is outspoken.

Glad I got that lyric up before this news broke, though; I really like that line.

Incredibly disingenuous considering the article is filled with "could" and "could be", with not a definitive statement about him being "forced out" in sight.

Ferris

Cuellar

Quote from: Ferris on December 18, 2021, 11:49:15 PMIt's not worth reading. He has found a friendly space to do his usual "cancel culture" routine but it seems the production company is telling him to leave rather than any external group.

Ah yes, but it's the pesky young fashionistas that work in the production company forcing him out:

QuoteMr Linehan added: 'In almost every company I've worked with there are now young employees who are ferociously authoritarian.

'They seem to think that unless you believe the same things as them then you have no right to take part in society.'

Sort of depends on what it is you 'believe', doesn't it?

DrGreggles

Quote from: Ferris on December 18, 2021, 11:25:16 PMI'm trying to get a festive element in there.

Lovely stuff

Ferris

Quote from: Cuellar on December 18, 2021, 11:48:41 PMJesus christ could he sound any more like a desperate, out of touch old bastard.

Yeah but it's an article for the mail so know your audience.

Thrillhome

So close! Also just to say that Mister Six's content made my week.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

NeaX

I bet Graham stays up late tonight hoping to get a glimpse of a strange lady sneaking into his room bearing something for him. Wonder what he put on his letter?

But we know he'll be getting coal for Christmas because he's been a naughty boy (assuming fuel allowances are used to buy coal).

Sonny_Jim

I counted about 10 sincere 'gender critical coming out day' hashtags on Twitter, the rest are people taking the piss.

Resounding success there Graham.  Well done.  Pat yourself on the back.

tomasrojo

"Hat Trick had asked Mr Linehan to remain silent on the subject, but he had found it difficult."

I like this understatement.

Cold Meat Platter

wrec

QuoteMr Linehan added: 'In almost every company I've worked with there are now young employees who are ferociously authoritarian.

He's harrassed dozens of people for not believing the same things as him and hiring him would place fellow employees in obvious danger, and no responsible employer could allow that.

bgmnts

Quote from: Cuellar on December 18, 2021, 11:53:07 PMSort of depends on what it is you 'believe', doesn't it?

Yeah it's reading little snippets like that that just make me despise the loathsome cunt. This tired notion that people are somehow more authoritarian just because they wont just blindly accept your shitty bigoted opinions isn't new behaviour, it's sort of just how society works, but for good this time.

Also, the idea this is just some belief he has is ludicrous, he's spent years harrassing, bullying and grifting on this.