Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:27:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Oft-forgotten gems from the Alan Partridge canon

Started by MoonDust, January 21, 2017, 08:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paruses

As a huge Alan Partridge fan the husband was probably disappointed to see the cake had been made by people who had only seen IAP2

Twonty Gostelow

Chocolate Oranges and Longstanton Spice Museum were in the first series.[/pedanticgit]

paruses

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on June 25, 2021, 09:18:55 PM
Chocolate Oranges and Longstanton Spice Museum were in the first series.[/pedanticgit]

That is true. I think I get irrationally angry seeing "Dan! Dan! Dan! ... " on anything to do with Alan Partridge. Especially when it's associated with fandom.

Tikwid

This is just a bit outside the canon but I always think about that one scene in The Trip where Rob Brydon does a weirdly accurate impression of Alan to Steve Coogan's face - "ouuuurgh, going for a nice ramble Lynn, up Helvellyn!". I like how the way he's playing it up to get a rise out of Steve makes it sound like IAP2-era Alan (could easily imagine those groans with the grotesque facial makeup of the era), but also the way it almost gives a window into some alternate world where Brydon played Alan all along?

Ferris

The school flashback in TTWAP season 1 is brilliant. Not sure if it counts as forgotten but only because of how recent it was.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lWNRNMMIn-s

kalowski

I'll tell you something else; Chris De Burgh, Mike Oldfield, Jean Michel Jarre and The Eagles could eat you lot for breakfast.

Mr Trumpet

"I'd rather have a broken nose than... a massively lacerated face"

Malcy

Couldn't find the thread for the stage show but Ticketmaster are doing 50% off tickets for the Stratagem tour.

markburgle

The repeated sample of himself saying "Remarkable" in the background of his radio play, meant to serve as background chatter:

https://youtu.be/Nz7QGT4qs2s

That bit just after Stephen Hawking laughs when you hear the very start of the "for mash get smash" jingle playing :D

buttgammon

Quote from: markburgle on December 10, 2021, 07:58:07 AMThe repeated sample of himself saying "Remarkable" in the background of his radio play, meant to serve as background chatter:

https://youtu.be/Nz7QGT4qs2s

Never noticed this before, it's remarkable.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on December 10, 2021, 09:37:30 AMThat bit just after Stephen Hawking laughs when you hear the very start of the "for mash get smash" jingle playing :D

The whole clip is just ridiculously dense with great stuff.

kalowski

I'd forgotten about that but I think it's one of the greatest things ever.
"Ooh, you're busty!"
"Hannigan, not me."

paruses

Was that recorded as an entirely separate radio play originally but then worked into MMM? I could swear I have heard it as a stand-alone thing.

Gurke and Hare

"Do *not* filter results" being included in the list of IT terms he spontaneously recites.

Bronzy

Some rare Partridge outtakes from This Time:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Cu55v6VgoX8

It's so strange to see Coogan breaking character as Alan, he's so good at making you forget that he's actually a normal human being.

jobotic

I keep thinking of the bit in Oasthouse when he talks about trying to help Bernard Matthews say "beautiful" instead of "boodiful" and Matthews ends up weeping because he can't do it. It's fantastic. Also Partridge speaking in a Norfolk accent to show how inappropriate it would be for radio or TV.

I keep singing songs to myself with the word beautiful in them and replacing it with boodiful

Captain Z

I'm guessing these were on a DVD somewhere, but I don't think I had seen them before last night. They're different from the "Unused Alan" scenes.

I'm Alan Partridge Series 2 Deleted Scenes

paruses

From the S1 deleted scenes:

QuoteThat was Phil Collins with 'Against All Odds', from 1984 - a year predicted by George Orwell in his book of the same name.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: jobotic on December 16, 2021, 12:35:20 PMI keep thinking of the bit in Oasthouse when he talks about trying to help Bernard Matthews say "beautiful" instead of "boodiful" and Matthews ends up weeping because he can't do it. It's fantastic. Also Partridge speaking in a Norfolk accent to show how inappropriate it would be for radio or TV.

I keep singing songs to myself with the word beautiful in them and replacing it with boodiful

The
Spoiler alert
"it's footile"
[close]
punchline is pretty great.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Bronzy on December 16, 2021, 12:12:32 PMSome rare Partridge outtakes from This Time:

It's so strange to see Coogan breaking character as Alan, he's so good at making you forget that he's actually a normal human being.

It's almost a relief that his strange choices with delivery even catch him off guard. I've always assumed he's some sort of genius comedy alien.

robhug

"Theres no disabled access at the Strand theatre tonight - because we've got the ramps"

Ferris

Quote from: robhug on December 20, 2021, 12:42:48 PM"Theres no disabled access at the Strand theatre tonight - because we've got the ramps"

That's going to drive me bonkers - what partridge is that from? Is it the Gordon Heron ep of knowing me knowing you?

shoulders

Quote from: Bronzy on December 16, 2021, 12:12:32 PMSome rare Partridge outtakes from This Time:

I'm really glad he corpsed at 'I prefer saying miaow miaow'.

Magnum Valentino

It's just occured to me after a recent rewatch of Fist of Fun that Alan's improvised ceiling light of torches round a bicycle tyre is such a "Peter" idea, that kind of solution that's sort of common sense to a certain kind of lunatic.

the Fallen

"In 2008, I spotted Haddaway in a hotel steam room. I strode over, introduced myself and said I wanted him to sing on a jingle I'd written. The sessions went badly and it was only when I visited the same hotel and saw him dredging the pool that I realised he wasn't Haddaway, just a man who worked for Jurys Inn."

kalowski

"Can I use the toilet?"
"What for? I mean, yes. Used the disabled. He's only in on Wednesdays. It's like they built the whole building around him like he's some evil genius. He's not - he just knows a lot about jazz "