Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:10:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wordle! It's the new craze

Started by kalowski, January 06, 2022, 10:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

It's like nothing you've ever seen!

Actually it's easier I reckon.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

kalowski

Wow! I have a feeling we had that.

C_Larence

Got yesterday's in two
Spoiler alert
First guess was PAGES, G E and S were yellow. Second guess was SIEGE, despite me not knowing whether double letters were even possible
[close]
feel like I'm not going to top that so might as well stop playing now.

shiftwork2

Owen Oyston and his 'friend' there.

shoulders

Is the joke that this is Ricky Gervais or what i am confused thanks

Butchers Blind

pigamus

JesusAndYourBush

I just played and got it in 4.

There's a quiz on tv* that's exactly the same, with people having to guess 4, 5 and 6 letter words.  I caught the last 5 minutes of it 2 days in a row a week or 2 ago.  The first time the couple doing it were excellent and whizzed through it.  The following days contestants were thick as pigshit and made me wonder how bad the other contestants had been that they were the winners.

Fake edit: I typoed winners as winnets. I think I was right the first time.

* "Lingo", ITV, weekdays, 3pm.

pigamus

Want to do the new one at midnight and see who can get it first?

kalowski

Quote from: shoulders on January 06, 2022, 10:31:53 PMIs the joke that this is Ricky Gervais or what i am confused thanks
A new online craze that is basically mastermind but with words.

shoulders

Doesn't he so very much resemble the horror Gervais

machotrouts

That's the late Charles Kennedy have some respect

gib

Quote from: pigamus on January 06, 2022, 10:49:35 PMWant to do the new one at midnight and see who can get it first?

got it in 3

Spoiler alert
slump
[close]

madhair60

Wordle 202 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

pigamus

I've got four letters all in the wrong order, this could take a while

machotrouts

Wordle 202 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler alert
Took a detour through "slurp" due to personal sex madness
[close]

pigamus

Wordle 202 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨⬜🟨🟨
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

JesusAndYourBush

In 4. My 3rd try was 5 correct letters but all in the wrong place, so an anagram of the correct answer then.

pigamus

ignore

idunnosomename

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on January 06, 2022, 10:45:24 PMI just played and got it in 4.

There's a quiz on tv* that's exactly the same, with people having to guess 4, 5 and 6 letter words.  I caught the last 5 minutes of it 2 days in a row a week or 2 ago.  The first time the couple doing it were excellent and whizzed through it.  The following days contestants were thick as pigshit and made me wonder how bad the other contestants had been that they were the winners.

Fake edit: I typoed winners as winnets. I think I was right the first time.

* "Lingo", ITV, weekdays, 3pm.

Not quite the same. Lingo gives you the first letter of each word and there's a time limit for each guess.

zomgmouse

someone's made a replayable (but not shareable) version: http://foldr.moe/hello-wordl/

can also change the number of letters

will this render wordle obsolete?

evilcommiedictator

Surely the plan is now to find the first 2/3 words that give you the best coverage of the alphabet and then smash it on the next turn?

chveik

zomgmouse

Quote from: evilcommiedictator on January 07, 2022, 04:59:12 AMSurely the plan is now to find the first 2/3 words that give you the best coverage of the alphabet and then smash it on the next turn?

so something like TEARS or NOISE would do that - but it's not always the best tactic. i just plonk in a random word and go from there to add some chaos to it. CHAOS is a good word. EDIT: as is PLONK

beanheadmcginty

Stupid orange cunt ruined every episode of Look and Read.

kalowski

Quote from: zomgmouse on January 07, 2022, 05:55:55 AMso something like TEARS or NOISE would do that - but it's not always the best tactic. i just plonk in a random word and go from there to add some chaos to it. CHAOS is a good word. EDIT: as is PLONK
NOISE is a good starter, as is LEAST. PLONK is a good back up (said Rod Stewart).

zomgmouse

if in doubt remember ETAOIN SHRDLU - the letters in order of commonality

Porky