Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:14:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What boujee stuff have you done recently?

Started by The Mollusk, January 08, 2022, 04:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mollusk

https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/boujee/ - there you go you old farts

If you are someone with wealth who a working class scrote like me would contemptuously call "boujee" then you have no standing in this thread. This is a place for common pricks splashing out - splashing up - and going "fuck yeah just like Bezos" when they buy Himalayan rock salt instead of Saxa regular table shite.

I'll set the bar low to start: Accidentally bought fabric softener instead of whatever the other thing is called today. Was legit thinking of taking it back and switching it but my partner said we could use it to make our towels all fluffy and nice and I was like "fuck yeah just like Bezos. This is EXACTLY the sort of thing he does every day, no question about it, he's got a specific product to make the hood of his dressing gown feel soft on his stupid bald head" (I'm not bald and I'm still so giddy off the high of buying fabric softener that I can talk down to those of you who are just for a little bit).

Something boujee which cost me nowt recently was finding a boxed (as in fully sealed, I'm not that much of a goblin) Philips Sonicare toothbrush at a property inspection worth about a hundred fuckin quid. Well happy with that. I thought my regular £30 gob wand was good but this thing feels like your mouth is taking off into outer space or experiencing its own private DMT trip or something. Mental. I sit on a high chair and wave it about like a royal sceptre every day. It's completely changed the way I live my entire life.

What say you, peasants?

pancreas

I'm making a goose curry tonight because we still have left-over goose from New Year. BEAT THAT.

Icehaven

Bought Lurpak when it wasn't on offer. Even when it's on offer it's still expensive so buying it when it's full price is positively ridiculous but it's so nice.

PlanktonSideburns

Currently pampering myself in bed with a hot water bottle and some

Otex express

Also bought an 8 string multi sale guitar or tick the other day

seepage

Posh fizz for no good reason in the middle of January

BirdsEye peas instead of own-brand

Checked if a cable was VESA-certified before purchase

The Mollusk

I still remember the day a few years ago when I paid £12 for a single pair of Ralph Lauren briefs in TK Maxx whilst trying to get the most bang for my buck on the 3-packs. Just suddenly thought fuck this, gonna get this swag pair of kecks with the bulgy pouch bit that accentuates my package.

Less boujee however is the fact that I still own them. People of sizeable money seem to go through that sort of shit like toilet paper. This is why their trainers are always so immaculate, you ever notice that? Do these people never go outside when it rains?? I will wear stuff to death and I think the beaten up faded look to most clothing (not underwear, granted) is cool, so really I get the best of both worlds and therefore I win. Plus I'm shagging the planet a bit slower than most. Fantastic.

the Fallen

I Aeropressed the Strongbow dark

It's more how one uses it.

Served in a tumbler, lightbulb switched to blue. Shades on, and palm-slam the DVD remote to random (it's random if you don't look)

The Mollusk

Paid £50 a couple months back to import three Krallice CDs over from America when I was pissed. I love that band but even still I sometimes look back on that and think "that was a bit much".

That's nowt though; my (soon to be) brother in law told me recently he paid £100 for a rare CD copy of an album by The God Machine. Fair play to the dude.

Jasha

Ended up working overtime once and was so thirsty paid £1:80 for a can of coke from the vending machine, which still wasn't as bad as the €3 I paid by the Eiffel tower 15(ish) years ago

Stoneage Dinosaurs

£10 BOTTLE OF WINE MOTHERFUCKERS

Also got a £10 Vietnamese pork belly roast thing from m and s, although I didn't realise how much it cost when i picked it up cause I was in a hurry to catch a train

bgmnts

What makes one common or working class? I grew up getting school dinners in a single parent household, can I be boujee if I buy some Whittards tea?

Rizla

Quote from: The Mollusk on January 08, 2022, 05:24:20 PMmy (soon to be) brother in law told me recently he paid £100 for a rare CD copy of an album by The God Machine. Fair play to the dude.
Remember they appeared on late-night pop show The Beat (with Gary Crowley). I had "Scenes From The Second Storey" on double vinyl - flogged for pennies when I was skint on the dole no doubt. Let's look on discogs and see what that goes for now.

Fuck me.

Boojwise, the only bread will eat is my home-made wholemeal sourdough. Diet fairly booj all round, I've not had any sort of ready-meal or takeaway in at least a year. I make a lot of baba ganoush, and juice carrots on the regs.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Oh wait I've just realised I'm middle class so my comment above doesn't count

Crenners

I got the Erotic Ghost Story Limited Edition Blu-ray.

madhair60

beanheadmcginty

Anybody managed anything that is both boujee and bijou at the same time?

mattyc

Took a shit and wiped my arse on Jacob Rees Mogg's silk tie while he was still wearing it.

Crenners

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on January 08, 2022, 06:19:33 PMAnybody managed anything that is both boujee and bijou at the same time?

I recently got my watch serviced by the official dealer rather than the old hobbyist at the bike shop.

Kankurette

jenna appleseed

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on January 08, 2022, 06:19:33 PMAnybody managed anything that is both boujee and bijou at the same time?
I'm lower middle class and live in a bungalow a previous owner officially christened The Bijou, so probably yes.

Icehaven

Quote from: Kankurette on January 08, 2022, 06:36:41 PMI didn't know Lurpak was for poshos.

It's not really, it's just bloody expensive compared to other brands like Clover or ICBIN Butter which are about half the price.

TrenterPercenter

I'm just about to drink a bokkle of posh (says Luscombe on it and cost £1.50 so must be) "HOT" ginger beer I bought myself as a treat in Sainsbury's earlier.

Ginger beer just doesn't sound posh though does it.

seepage

You could spend £30,000 on a mag of tokaji essencia, drink the whole bottle and still not get pissed: https://hedonism.co.uk/product/royal-tokaji-essencia-magnum-2008

Blue Jam

Your Mum

(only joking, obviously Your Mum is not remotely bouji)

The Mollusk

Quote from: Stoneage Dinosaurs on January 08, 2022, 05:38:15 PM£10 BOTTLE OF WINE MOTHERFUCKERS
Quote from: bgmnts on January 08, 2022, 05:50:11 PMWhat makes one common or working class?

Right that's it, didn't take long for this thread to descend into madness. Get it binned.

Blue Jam

seepage

Quote from: icehaven on January 08, 2022, 07:44:04 PMIt's not really, it's just bloody expensive compared to other brands like Clover or ICBIN Butter which are about half the price.

Why are you eating 'spreadable' butter? I think 'normal' Lurpak is around the same price as own-name brands.

seepage

Blue Jam

Tomorrow I will be in the vicinity of Mark J Williams, and will simply look bouji by comparison. By not hobbling round a snooker table wincing from Haribo-induced gout.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 08, 2022, 08:20:41 PMI just had a tiramisu at Pizza Express.

Hmmm someone's laying down an alibi it seems....