Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:28:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Crisps [split topic]

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, January 22, 2021, 11:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

How many Big Hula Hoops can you fit on your dick, pal?

Blumf

Quote from: shoulders on January 05, 2022, 08:46:20 AMThe people having sex are too busy having sex to contribute to the topic.

Or reading the manual and scratching their head in confusion/disbelief.

Malcy

Got round to the Co Op Gravy Puffs. Scoffed them. More or less tasted like Roast Beef Monster Munch in Wotsit form.

the Fallen

I bought a big single bag of Monster Munch roast beef.

Saw salt and vinegar Quavers in the Co op. Unholy.

Jasha

Quote from: Malcy on January 05, 2022, 03:22:00 PMGot round to the Co Op Gravy Puffs. Scoffed them. More or less tasted like Roast Beef Monster Munch in Wotsit form.

Off to the co-op I go then, as long as they're not like the wotsit steak abortion flavour

Sebastian Cobb

Bought a bag of "flamin' hot" Wotsits Giants.

They're like a blander version of Tangy Toms. Absolute waste.

Steven88

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 09, 2022, 12:34:08 AMBought a bag of "flamin' hot" Wotsits Giants.

They're like a blander version of Tangy Toms. Absolute waste.
They're nice, same as Flamin' hot Monster Munch but in a less stupid shape. I ordered some from Asda and they substituted them for cheese Wotsits. Fuming.

shoulders

Tangy Toms sound good about now.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on December 02, 2021, 09:40:30 PMPrawn Marie Rose: Now, the astute among you will have noted the marketing conceit in the name of the flavour of these 'hand cooked' style crisps. Let's not beat about the proverbial, it's prawn cocktail flavour, isn't it?
But whhhhhat a prawn cocktail flavour, good readers. Redolent of a golden age Skip, these pack a real zing and zest.

Sorry to report these are now fucking shit.

I don't know whether they changed with the new packaging or before, but they're now a different spud variety, so even the crisp itself tastes different, and the flavour has decreased dramatically.  We bought five bags from three different Tescos since my previous response, and they were all shit.

I think the Finest seasonal and limited edition flavours used to be made for Tesco by Tyrells, but I suspect that's no longer the case.

privatefriend

Naughty Tomato w/cat.

Not sure how naughty we are talking here, will report back..

They look like they could be inserted into the anus with ease and, with a bit of work, into the urethra, so I'd say quite naughty.

Or you could try smashing them up into dust, dipping a moist bell-end in and guzzling it off like a horny, savoury Dip-Dab.

On reflection, they are actually very naughty indeed. Almost too naughty. Kurkure should be ashamed of themselves.

seepage

The cat doesn't look very impressed.

monkfromhavana

Tomato is a truly shit flavour for crisps.

pancreas

YOUR A SHIT FLAVOUR FOR CRISPS

monkfromhavana

Quote from: pancreas on January 10, 2022, 05:41:36 PMYOUR A SHIT FLAVOUR FOR CRISPS

If it was TINNED TOMATO flavour, we wouldn't be having this contretemps.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: seepage on January 10, 2022, 05:19:11 PMThe cat doesn't look very impressed.

It looks more like pity to me.

Blumf

Quote from: monkfromhavana on January 10, 2022, 05:35:53 PMTomato is a truly shit flavour for crisps.

You have brought shame on yourself, your family, your nation, and your species.

Cuntbeaks

Quote from: Malcy on January 05, 2022, 03:22:00 PMGot round to the Co Op Gravy Puffs. Scoffed them. More or less tasted like Roast Beef Monster Munch in Wotsit form.

Finally tried these insanely named crisps/maize based snack. Pretty decent for £1, but basically a beefy wotsit, which was already established.

privatefriend

Quote from: privatefriend on January 10, 2022, 04:26:38 PM

Naughty Tomato w/cat.

Update: Quite nice, less of the artificial sweetness typical of tomato crisps. A sophisticated NikNak. No real naughtiness to speak of other than an afterkick of spice. 6/10

Cold Meat Platter

Can anyone report back on the M&S wotsits (or 'what are these?' to give them their full name) as they used to be the premium cheese-flavoured extruded maize snacks in my humble o?

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on January 10, 2022, 12:36:13 AMSorry to report these are now fucking shit.

I don't know whether they changed with the new packaging or before, but they're now a different spud variety, so even the crisp itself tastes different, and the flavour has decreased dramatically.  We bought five bags from three different Tescos since my previous response, and they were all shit.

I think the Finest seasonal and limited edition flavours used to be made for Tesco by Tyrells, but I suspect that's no longer the case.

Agree 100%. Glad I'm not going (more) mental. Just threw half a bag out. Totally different.

shoulders

Quote from: privatefriend on January 10, 2022, 04:26:38 PM

Naughty Tomato w/cat.

They have these in the abroad over there on the other landmass. Po-land, at least.

Bigger bag, quite Nik Naks-like, as you say. Reasonably good.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on January 11, 2022, 02:54:25 AMAgree 100%. Glad I'm not going (more) mental. Just threw half a bag out. Totally different.

You're definitely not going (more) mental.  They don't even look the same.

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on January 11, 2022, 02:49:39 AMCan anyone report back on the M&S wotsits (or 'what are these?' to give them their full name) as they used to be the premium cheese-flavoured extruded maize snacks in my humble o?

Had some M&S Cheese Tasters over Christmas, still a cut above Wotsits. So much bright orange cheese dust.

shoulders

So Mackies Boxing Day Shit Curry flavour (no joke, google it) is fairly tepid stuff. Crisps themselves still decent, but flavour needs work.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: shoulders on January 13, 2022, 10:26:16 AMSo Mackies Boxing Day Shit Curry flavour (no joke, google it) is fairly tepid stuff. Crisps themselves still decent, but flavour needs work.
lol that's such a half arsed name.

Maybe they could do leftover meeting sandwiches (egg mayo) next.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: shoulders on January 13, 2022, 10:26:16 AMSo Mackies Boxing Day Shit Curry flavour (no joke, google it) is fairly tepid stuff. Crisps themselves still decent, but flavour needs work.

Whilst I've not tried that flavour, I've ALWAYS been underwhelmed with Mackies crisps, and their ice cream.  The crisps are always very light on flavour, and the ice cream is very airy, which isn't what premium ice cream should be like.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on January 13, 2022, 10:59:31 AMWhilst I've not tried that flavour, I've ALWAYS been underwhelmed with Mackies crisps, and their ice cream.  The crisps are always very light on flavour, and the ice cream is very airy, which isn't what premium ice cream should be like.

It's not so much the flavour for me cheese and onion is strong although doesn't quite taste right imo, and the haggis one is OK, it's the texture and make up I find weird.

Unusually large ridge pattern as well. I reckon smaller, tighter ridges = better.

shoulders

Their flavours are definitely inconsistent but some are successful.

I can assure readers Mackies pickled onion crisps are not light on flavour. They are the fucking bomb.