Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:53:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Carol Cleveland- Easily Deserving Of One Of These Threads?

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, January 01, 2021, 05:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry Badger

Quote from: PeterCornelius on May 30, 2021, 11:35:40 AM
Slightly wide of the topic but I always wondered if any of Python boys tried it on with her - specifically Eric Idle who was a serial shagger in the 60s (or so he claims)?

I think Terry J asked her out once in the early Python days and was politely knocked back.

Madcat

I'm sorry to say that Koo Stark, presumptive rights-holder to All I Want Is You...and You and You and You... has flatly refused my offer to fund a digital restoration of the film.

Still, the search was fun, even if the result was disappointing. And I now know the film still exists and hasn't been lost, so at least I've learned something.

[Sings "Always Look On The Bright Side of Life"]

M.

Twonty Gostelow

Bad luck, Madcat. I suppose 'flatly refused' means she didn't hint at any reason. She's a lot seriouser now than that debut would show her - and as she recently defended her notorious ex and Maxwell's trial is coming up...  Or maybe her father didn't like the film.

Madcat

Oh, she gave a reason, all right. No doubt about that. But it's not one I care to discuss, so I will "say no more, squire" and put the search for All I Want... (etc.) behind me.

I did all I could, but I've hit a brick wall, and it's time for me to walk away. Thanks, TG, for the kind words.

M.

Chedney Honks

Looks like she's having a tough time financially so presumably not in the best frame of mind to entertain this, either.

https://www.tatler.com/article/prince-andrew-ex-koo-stark-loses-annual-payment

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Chedney Honks on October 30, 2021, 10:39:12 AM
Looks like she's having a tough time financially so presumably not in the best frame of mind to entertain this, either.

https://www.tatler.com/article/prince-andrew-ex-koo-stark-loses-annual-payment

I don't mean to be cruel but that article describing her as "the one-time girlfriend of Prince Andrew (fleetingly mentioned in The Crown)" made me laugh, while saying "Ms Stark, who starred in "The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Star Wars" when she was an uncredited bridesmaid in Rocky and all of her scenes in Star Wars were cut is a bit much.

It also seems really unfair that someone who seems to be a minor cast member of that film is preventing it being released, but I guess as her father financed it there's nothing anyone else can do.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

" who starred in The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Star Wars and The Two Ronnies".

Glebe

Just watched Rocky Horror for the first time last week. Great fun.

Brundle-Fly

I recall getting an evening text from a mate in the late nineties that said, "Help mate. I'm in Carol Cleveland's toilet. I'm at her house to interview her and she's plying me with wine. I think she wants to seduce me".

I replied, "You lucky bastard".

AliasTheCat

This is one of those threads that I would normally never have have looked at but I'm so glad I did. I so hope that you get to see the film some day Madcat

Madcat

According to my further research, All I Want Is You...and You and You and You... will enter the public domain on 1st January, 2089.

I've already marked my calendar.

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on October 30, 2021, 10:48:22 AMI don't mean to be cruel but that article describing her as "the one-time girlfriend of Prince Andrew (fleetingly mentioned in The Crown)" made me laugh, while saying "Ms Stark, who starred in "The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Star Wars" when she was an uncredited bridesmaid in Rocky and all of her scenes in Star Wars were cut is a bit much.

🤨

kaprisky

For some reason I'm watching First Dates (regular series not celeb) and Carol Cleveland has just turned up! According to her she was married once and engaged three times. I assume she must have an autobiography, so you can work out who the fiancees were.

Virgo76

She does indeed have an autobiography entitled 'Pom Poms Out!'
Quite a lot of exclamation marks in the text (a bugbear of mine) but okay.
Married to Peter Brett (1971-83)
She also mentions being engaged to:
Valentino Musetti: an Italian stunt man. Terry Gilliam asked her out during this period (she declined)
"a devilishly handsome man, also called Peter"
Carl Waxman, an American Python fan she met on a cruise.
It's her 80th birthday next week, so best wishes to her!

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: kaprisky on January 06, 2022, 10:43:35 PMFor some reason I'm watching First Dates (regular series not celeb) and Carol Cleveland has just turned up! According to her she was married once and engaged three times. I assume she must have an autobiography, so you can work out who the fiancees were.

I caught this whilst visiting family last week (my mum is a big First Dates fan and records all the episodes). I had assumed it was a celeb special but as you say it was part of the regular series.

I was struck by the fact that her date didn't have a clue who she was (in fact he didn't even seem aware of Python) but couldn't believe his luck when he googled a few pics of her whilst she was in the loo. She seemed like a v nice woman and I was heartened when they hit it off though the show was a bit thin on if the relationship had gone anywhere. Any further news anyone?

EDIT: The piece I got the pic above from here says she was looking for a man like Mike Palin, though it also tries to hint that her appearance on First Dates set Twitter ablaze so both things could be fiction.

Glebe

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on October 30, 2021, 10:48:22 AMsaying "Ms Stark, who starred in "The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Star Wars" when she was an uncredited bridesmaid in Rocky and all of her scenes in Star Wars were cut is a bit much.

Koo Stark at the Tosche station getting some power converters.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Madcat

Carol's announced that she's retiring from acting, citing concerns that she's becoming "forgetful" and might no longer be able to memorize scripts.

https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/1550961/carol-cleveland-monty-python-star-quit-acting-80th-birthday

I wish I could give her a DVD copy of the freshly restored All I Want... as a retirement present!

Glebe

That's a pity. It would be nice to see her do a little cameo in something like Inside No 9 or that.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Our Carol wasnae getting a whole load of acting work anyways. In the last 10 or more years, I can remember her appearing in an advert for something or other in which she played an orange lady, and she also had a small part in an episode of " Toast Of London" ( oh, and the Python reunion, of course).She probably played " wicked witch" parts in Crimbo pantos, too. Plus, 80 is a decent enough age to be retiring.

That *is* a wig, isn't it?

Glebe

She popped in an episode of Are You Being Served? on GOLD the other day, the one where the staff all move in together (checks Wiki: 'Friends and Neighbour', the second-last ever episode actually).  Don't recall recognising her in it before. That's the one where Mr. Spooner is playing some punk song that I haven't been able to identify.

That was broadcast in 1985, she would appear in OFAH's 'The Miracle of Peckham' the following year.

Glebe

Madcat

Carol's recently done an interview with the Telegraph. The original article's behind a paywall, but can be found here:

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/features/20230627/281526525490003#