Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:06:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bob Saget dead

Started by Shaky, January 10, 2022, 01:49:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beanheadmcginty

He's one of those people who I hear referred to all the time on American podcasts and I haven't got a clue who he is, but 65 is no age regardless.

Shaky

Wasn't a fan of his stand-up, but he gave good podcast. Lots of tributes appearing saying what a lovely guy he was.

beanheadmcginty

Saget, bag it and tag it.

Shaky

Mobius

Seemed to be friends with and around a lot of comedians, also did a few wrestling related bits. Seemed like a popular guy. He just tweeted yesterday how much he had fallen back in love with comedy and doing live gigs.

up_the_hampipe

Very shocking. I wonder what happened, since he'd just gigged and tweeted less than 24 hours ago. Drugs and foul play were ruled out by police.

Shaky

He looked pretty damn good for 65 as well. Maybe a heart thing?

Ant Farm Keyboard

famethrowa

Shaky

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Jumblegraws

He's with Pam now. Less than a year after we lost Screech "Dustin Diamond" Powers, too. Jaleel White must be feeling nervous.

Watched The Aristocrats just last week and he seemed like a very nice guy in that. RIP

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Now He's Met The Reaper.

Quote from: Jumblegraws on January 10, 2022, 07:13:59 AMJaleel White must be feeling nervous.

Provisional CaB death title: "Urn"kel

monkfromhavana

Just told my gf. She's now crying on the bus to work. Especially after Betty White carked it as well.

Purple Toupee

Jesus christ, are any of Norm's podcast guests fuckin' alive?

Old Nehamkin

tourism

shoulders

https://twitter.com/bobsaget/status/1480097652851286017?t=OZrGMbeYtbuttbnt_qWTZA&s=19

He'd sent a message to fans only a few hours earlier where all seems fine and dandy. Scary.

Small Man Big Horse

I saw him back live back in 2018 as my Danish ex was a huge fan of his, and I was really impressed by the majority of his act, it might not have been the most innovative of stand up but it was very funny. I'd only just set up my blog at the time but wrote a review of that gig which was largely positive, but mentioned how one song about a man transitioning to a woman had elements that I was uneasy about - only for Bob to get in touch with me via twitter, where we had a few exchanges discussing it, with the end result being that he said he'd never perform it again as he hadn't realised that it might upset someone until now. All of which made me admire him an enormous amount, my review was on a blog which didn't exactly get a huge amount of traffic, but he took the time out to try to understand my thoughts about the show, and all the while he was incredibly polite and friendly.

Bronzy

Quote from: Purple Toupee on January 10, 2022, 08:44:45 AMJesus christ, are any of Norm's podcast guests fuckin' alive?

He reminds me of a guy that's good at fuckin'.

Fuckin' and suckin'.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on January 10, 2022, 09:07:35 AMI saw him back live back in 2018 as my Danish ex was a huge fan of his, and I was really impressed by the majority of his act, it might not have been the most innovative of stand up but it was very funny. I'd only just set up my blog at the time but wrote a review of that gig which was largely positive, but mentioned how one song about a man transitioning to a woman had elements that I was uneasy about - only for Bob to get in touch with me via twitter, where we had a few exchanges discussing it, with the end result being that he said he'd never perform it again as he hadn't realised that it might upset someone until now. All of which made me admire him an enormous amount, my review was on a blog which didn't exactly get a huge amount of traffic, but he took the time out to try to understand my thoughts about the show, and all the while he was incredibly polite and friendly.

That's amazing, what a guy.

Icehaven

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on January 10, 2022, 01:56:38 AMHe's one of those people who I hear referred to all the time on American podcasts and I haven't got a clue who he is, but 65 is no age regardless.

Yeah same, and on sitcoms too, which made me think he was a lot older than 65 for some reason.

MrsWarboysLover

This is sad news, I was very moved by him talking so openly about how he and Norm loved each other after Norm passed away. Seemed like a really nice and genuine guy.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on January 10, 2022, 09:07:35 AMI saw him back live back in 2018 as my Danish ex was a huge fan of his, and I was really impressed by the majority of his act, it might not have been the most innovative of stand up but it was very funny. I'd only just set up my blog at the time but wrote a review of that gig which was largely positive, but mentioned how one song about a man transitioning to a woman had elements that I was uneasy about - only for Bob to get in touch with me via twitter, where we had a few exchanges discussing it, with the end result being that he said he'd never perform it again as he hadn't realised that it might upset someone until now. All of which made me admire him an enormous amount, my review was on a blog which didn't exactly get a huge amount of traffic, but he took the time out to try to understand my thoughts about the show, and all the while he was incredibly polite and friendly.

That's very sweet, he always seemed like a lovely guy and it certainly seems like the whole industry adored him, even the Olsen Twins who obviously had a rough time in showbusiness. I've never really watched his stand-up, but I might check it out on your recommendation. I have seen this clip of him at Rodney Dangerfield's club doing a fast-paced act, I love the delivery.

QDRPHNC

I mostly remember him as the family friendly host of America's Funniest Home Videos in the late 90s, but he was great in the Aristocrats, Larry Sanders (sending up his own rapid-fire delivery) and of course, as the subject of the greatest roast ever. Seems like nobody had a bad word to say about him.

madhair60

Ladies and gentlemen, this man is for the birds.

Twit 2

How did he die, then? Asphyxiwank?