Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:27:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy's still on Twitter and webcam

Started by Mister Six, November 15, 2021, 07:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ham Bap

Quote from: Thomas on January 10, 2022, 09:49:16 PMI know someone who's spent the last couple of years getting big into Twitching, and they seem to occupy this undefined, Brentian liminal space between Friend, Entertainer, and Boss. Keeping an eye on them to make sure they don't go totally mad.

Must be a nightmare to be a what I'm assuming is a fairly low level streamer.
Always having to be 'on' and entertaining.
The number of days in work I just 'phone-it in' I couldn't ever do streaming.

No-one watching in the early days and maybe the later days too. Trying not to draw too much attention to outright asking for subs or money.
Knowing every time you go for a shite for 5 minutes your viewer numbers drop.

Nightmare.

Retinend

Quote from: thegammonboys on January 10, 2022, 04:57:17 PMNot to be a cunt but I did some digging into the Twitter guy Limmy mentioned in the video. He and Lynn have had quite a few back and forths in January. This guy recommends that she visits an exhibition in Glasgow with her son Daniel and she's posting a photo of herself at the thing THE SAME day. He's in an 'indie' band and looks a bit like Limmy. Take of that what you will.

Whether anything is going on or not, it makes it all the more disrespectful that this mutual friend, who is praising Limmy's stuff, is then being derided by Lynn to limmy's face. "See this guy I like chatting to on Twitter who you know as well, well he thought you were funny but I watched it at his request and thought it was shite." What the fuck? The worst part is, he either makes plans to kick her out or move, at which point their son is dealing with separated parents, or they stay and Limmy's mental state gets worse dealing with this person who quite frankly seems immature.

You mean the second video you posted... the one that just got deleted? 🚨🚨🚨

Quote from: thegammonboys on January 09, 2022, 09:41:00 PM

"this video is unavaible" 👈👈

Retinend

oh, I thought that it was deleted by request or something, due to it sparking speculation.

I think the deleted vid was called "Limmy needs Lynn" and was about Limmy being sick on someone's white sofa. I forget why the title was called "Limmy needs Lynn", since he didn't talk about her much in it (clickbait title, I thought).

The title was 'Limmy needs Lynn' because it referenced when Limmy lived by himself and was sick on the sofa and also left a curry in the microwave for weeks until the whole flat stunk. Apparently Lynn often said to Limmy "you know why you're lucky you have me?" and Limmy (who knew the script) parroted back "because otherwise I'd be stuck by myself stinking in that flat" before adding ".....and she's right".

Ham Bap

Retinend

Damn. Well. The other video was Limmy, a bit miffed, that Lynn said that she thought the five dates series was dull and she was mystified by someone telling him it was the best work he's done in years.

imitationleather

To be honest it sounded like the reaction my girlfriend makes whenever I say something that I think is funny.

ajsmith2

Quote from: thelittlemango on January 11, 2022, 10:30:54 AMThe title was 'Limmy needs Lynn' because it referenced when Limmy lived by himself and was sick on the sofa and also left a curry in the microwave for weeks until the whole flat stunk. Apparently Lynn often said to Limmy "you know why you're lucky you have me?" and Limmy (who knew the script) parroted back "because otherwise I'd be stuck by myself stinking in that flat" before adding ".....and she's right".

it was also more generally about how Limmy wouldn't maintain the housekeeping if Lynn wasn't about and would just live in filth and crap and not really care that much. I can relate: The woman doing all the mental labour of keeping on top of housework at home while the man's lost in their own 'hing' and barely even conscious of such matters. :( 

This is something I found particularity reassuringly honest about Limmy's autobiography, more than even any of the sex stuff: how self effacingly open about what a complete manchild around the house he was/is. I was actually kind of surprised to an extent because it's not really part of his comedic persona: he'd be the first to lampoon 'adulting so hard!!!' tweeness  and maybe I'm miles out here but I feel he's always projected a more hard edged, no bullshit persona that makes you subconsciously assume on some level 'well this is a man of the world who's been around the block a few times. he could probably correctly wire up a plug or fix a lock if he needed to' but nah, all that's dispelled by an unflinchingly honest account of how totally useless he is around the house.

MrMrs

There was nothing salacious in either of the videos by the way, for the nosey people.

monkfromhavana

I know this is incredibly patronizing, but I just hope that Limmy is going to be OK on his own.

Cuellar

Maybe it's time for him to reach out to old friends like Graham Linehan

tinner777

Very small stuff, but I did like The Mad Cat Boogie

perennialclimb

Quote from: Ham Bap on January 11, 2022, 10:47:52 AMBoth videos gone now?
They were deleted because Limmy called out the channel owner on Discord for the weird sexist undertones, which is fair enough, I think. I assume they felt embarrassed enough to take them down.

MrMrs

Loving these five dates videos. Nearly finished them. Anything similar?

chocolate teapot

Quote from: MrMrs on January 17, 2022, 01:40:34 PMLoving these five dates videos. Nearly finished them. Anything similar?

Lumberjack's Dynasty

GoblinAhFuckScary

Oh how sad about him splitting up with his partner

MrMrs

Ah man Five Dates was incredible. I need to watch more.

Did he ever go back to it, after the final one?

What are the most similar to Five Dates  games he's played?

Are his GTA V play throughs any good? Seem a bit boring, the little i watched

Ferris

The GTAV ones were boring - the Contradiction playthroughs were good though.

Cold Meat Platter

Is his Jet Set Willy playthrough still up? I thought it was funny him dealing with the ridiculous 80s game design. Years ago now though.

Lost Oliver

Feel like pure shit, just want Lyn back.

Retinend

Quote from: Ferris on January 19, 2022, 10:26:55 PMThe GTAV ones were boring

I disagree, with the disclaimer that I had just finished playing it for the first time myself before watching him attempt it.

GMTV

Quote from: Lost Oliver on January 20, 2022, 08:06:22 AMFeel like pure shit, just want Lyn back.

I'd give it a maximum of three months

MrMrs

He done any decent playthroughs recently?

lauraxsynthesis

Quote from: MrMrs on January 28, 2022, 10:26:43 PMHe done any decent playthroughs recently?

I'm enjoying Spiritfarer which it looks like he's playing to the end.

Glebe

Quote from: Cuellar on January 11, 2022, 08:38:52 PMMaybe it's time for him to reach out to old friends like Graham Linehan

I love to see of video Limmy breaking onto Glinner's house and battering him.

petril

doing the plasterer's laugh the whole time

Quote from: Glebe on January 29, 2022, 06:07:43 PMI love to see of video Limmy breaking onto Glinner's house and battering him.