Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:08:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Earwigs: Do they still exist?

Started by Rev+, January 10, 2022, 11:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

somersetchris

Quote from: Captain Z on January 11, 2022, 04:14:28 PMIt's like the opposite of bees, nobody has told the earwigs that they are supposed to fly.

Similarly stick insects, not a thing you'd expect to fly by looking at it

Ferris

Quote from: Captain Z on January 11, 2022, 04:14:28 PMIt's like the opposite of bees, nobody has told the earwigs that they are supposed to fly.

So bees only fly because the relevant authority hasn't told them not to?

Interesting.

idunnosomename

Funny how grasshoppers can fly as well as jumping around. I think basically all insects have wings but some of them they are vestigial. Like penguins and ostriches or whatever. Or theyre shit at it like chickens.

TrenterPercenter

And people wonder why those with bald ears hardly post on here anymore.

Quote from: Ferris on January 11, 2022, 02:52:47 PMThis fucker from western India!

Camouflaged as a set of car keys from a Ford Focus, that must be useful in the wilds of India

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Ferris on January 11, 2022, 02:52:47 PMThis fucker from western India!

Battery is running out

Anyone got a usb C lead?

flotemysost

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on January 11, 2022, 08:28:05 AMYou don't see silverfish any more either. This country.

I always assumed this was just a different name for the eponymous crawlies. WIG FUCKED.

touchingcloth

Whatever happened to periwigs?

Quote from: Ferris on January 11, 2022, 04:33:53 PMSo bees only fly because the relevant authority hasn't told them not to?

When I was in school, a common "fact" that was cited alongside Kel from Kenan & Kel having died was that "according to the laws of physics bees shouldn't be able to fly, but they don't know this so they fly anyway."

The Bumlord

ZoyzaSorris

If the woodlice start disappearing you know it is short countdown to grave time

Earwigs were abolished in 2003.

Woodlice are to be phased out at the end of 2023, following a replacement rollout of cockroaches as a more appropriate bug for these apocalyptic times.