Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:12:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Broadcasting House nonce vandalised by anti-peado crew

Started by idunnosomename, January 12, 2022, 09:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

at around 4pm today, a man put a ladder up against Broadcasting House, Langham Place, and took a hammer to Eric Gill's portland stone sculpture of Ariel and Prospero. police were there from early on but they let him absolutely cunt the feet, legs and willy of Ariel down to the pavement below.

Eric Gill, was of course, both an extremely talented and influential artist and designer, and a serial abuser of his daughters, as revealed in 1989 by biographer Fiona McCarthy who found references in his diary to him having sex with his daughters, and dog, and was confirmed by a surviving daughter at the time.

The BBC have always rejected any proposal about removing the statue, that was carved in-situ by Gill on the facade in 1931.

Quite obviously he's a bananas Tommy Robinson peaodo's truther, but also, good on him? The BBC has particularly fucking embarrassed itself with the Ghislaine Maxwell case and also fawning over Prince Andrew.

Cuellar

Didn't see the 'SE' and thought it just said

'NOO ALL PEADOS'

as in

Oh no! They're all peados!!

Zetetic

QuoteBut what of their brother, Gordian? The interview I carried out with him at St Mary Abbot's hospital in London in April 1986 was the most difficult I have ever done, since Gordian, who was brought from an infants' home to live with the Gills as an eight-month-old baby in 1917, had had a severe stroke. He was only partly mobile and he could not speak at all. He could, however, understand my questions and, after a few minutes, I became quite adept at gauging his reactions. As I wrote in my notes, he communicated in "little moaning noises, rising to a higher pitch and greater loudness when he got agitated". He became especially agitated, clenching his fists and screeching, at the mention of Gill.
(From an easily Googled Guardian article. Apologies for lack of link.)

My feelings about both Gill and his work have simplified a bit over time, I think, and not in his favour. Part of that - being narrow and selfish - is that increasingly preferring Jacob Epstein's work in a roughly similar line of aesthetics (and beyond) and he doesn't seem to have been nearly so unpleasant.

Psybro

If a paedo statue came near my hammers I swear I'd do time

Dr Rock

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Why didn't he lob the cock off? It's the first thing I'd go for.

Cuellar

PlanktonSideburns

PlanktonSideburns

Could someone shop him into the hulk painting please?

TrenterPercenter

idunnosomename

there is a whole thing about Lord Reith thinking Ariel's cock was too big and sending Gill back up there, not sure if it's true.

here's the video of it
https://twitter.com/katierazz/status/1481307310534402049

he started with the feet first, took a bit of working up for the cock. but he knocked it off eventually.

flotemysost

Quote from: Cuellar on January 12, 2022, 09:47:09 PMDidn't see the 'SE' and thought it just said

'NOO ALL PEADOS'

as in

Oh no! They're all peados!!

Ha, I thought that too!

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 12, 2022, 10:09:41 PMthere is a whole thing about Lord Reith thinking Ariel's cock was too big and sending Gill back up there, not sure if it's true.

here's the video of it
https://twitter.com/katierazz/status/1481307310534402049

he started with the feet first, took a bit of working up for the cock. but he knocked it off eventually.

Gill Sans Penis

But yeah I can't really disagree with the sentiments in the OP. I'd heard he was a nonce, hadn't realised it was his own daughters he'd abused. (not saying either is great obviously, just an added layer of grimness)

Butchers Blind

touchingcloth

mothman

Has this statue ever featured in the Up The Arse thread? Because if not why not.

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 12, 2022, 10:09:41 PMhe started with the feet first, took a bit of working up for the cock. but he knocked it off eventually.

Sounds like Chris Kamara providing commentary on someone's foreplay technique.

PaulTMA

Quote from: Cuellar on January 12, 2022, 09:47:09 PMDidn't see the 'SE' and thought it just said

'NOO ALL PEADOS'

Admittedly there are better mid-period Franz jams

Buelligan

He sounds like a cunt of a man.  He fucked his own dog (and children).

Someone should've hammered him.

Quite like the statue though.

dissolute ocelot

Maybe this'll be the excuse the BBC need to remodel it into an image of Rose and Giovanni from Strictly Come Dancing. As with our Bristolian chum, it's one thing having art by a vile person in a dusty museum, but a wholly different thing having it in the street above the door of a public body.

Especially as one of the key plot points of The Tempest is that Prospero gives up all the black magic and lets his slaves and victims go free.

TrenterPercenter

Nonced his own daughters, sisters and a dog! You've got to hand it to him, I mean you've got to, it's some top drawer paeding, and puts some of the diddlers our modern game to shame Clive.

jobotic

He made a war memorial too. Wonder if Tommy's boys will go for that and instantly become woke terrorists.

Dr Rock

QDRPHNC

studpuppet

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 12, 2022, 10:09:41 PMthere is a whole thing about Lord Reith thinking Ariel's cock was too big and sending Gill back up there, not sure if it's true.

Wrong building, wrong sculptor, but otherwise spot on!