Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:43:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Your signature scent

Started by Chedney Honks, June 02, 2021, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wooders1978

I wear acqua di palma as my sig scent - I like to think it gives me a sexy Italian dilf vibe, though the look far from matches

I use Tom Ford Oud Wood if I'm wearing a suit for any occasion though

Chedney Honks

Quote from: wooders1978 on July 06, 2021, 08:37:24 PM
I use Tom Ford Oud Wood if I'm wearing a suit for any occasion though

I picked up some Tobacco Oud and really like it. Not really the weather for it at the moment, though. Looking forward to autumn.

I also got some Neroli Portofino and absolutely adore it. Reminds me of when I used to live in Nice. The mandarin and bergamot are fucking amazing, so bright and zesty, and then it settles into the neroli and jasmine and musky base. It's incredibly uplifting.

seepage

Quote from: wooders1978 on July 06, 2021, 08:37:24 PM
I wear acqua di palma as my sig scent - I like to think it gives me a sexy Italian dilf vibe, though the look far from matches

I thought palma was in spain?

PlanktonSideburns

shiftwork2

Can we as a forum reject these smirking Oxbridge cocaine trolls?  Think we've achieved the necessary level of development.  We're pure and happy so let's flush.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: shiftwork2 on July 21, 2021, 12:54:44 AM
Can we as a forum reject these smirking Oxbridge cocaine trolls?  Think we've achieved the necessary level of development.  We're pure so let's flush.

Who are they

shiftwork2

Since you asked so directly I was referring to Bosto.

PlanktonSideburns

Chedney Honks

shifters, if you're being serious, I won't be offended if you use the ignore function. I got no issue with you.

Quote from: Chedney Honks on July 20, 2021, 09:07:39 PM
Neroli Portofino

I didn't realise how similar this was to 4711, the original Eau de Cologne beloved of German grandparents and Turkish bazaars.

I'd heard of it but not tried til last night. Only lasts like fifteen minutes but that's the point, more of a pick me up, so you can splash it on whenever you like, it barely reaches other people. Neroli Portofino only lasts a couple of hours, anyway. You can get a little 'travel watch' spray version, as well. Costs fuck all, like a fiver for 25ml, and easily refillable.

Great 'splash and dash' fragrance, really cheap, two hundred years old (albeit with some reformulation, of course), smell like an Ankara bath house or Rheinland barbershop.

shiftwork2

Nah you're alright really.  Or are you?

🤣🤣🤣

Pseudopath

Quote from: Chedney Honks on July 21, 2021, 07:29:20 AM

Lovely stuff. If it's good enough for Napoleon, it's good enough for me. As well as the dinky travel bottles, you can also get this frankly-ludicrous 800ml version for about £30:

flotemysost

4711 is a goodun, my mum always used to bring it on holiday.

Had a spritz of this the other day and it's delicious:

Enzo

If someone is looking for a cheap, but quality scent, Zara Vibrant Leather smells great and lasts ages for about 15/20 quid. Apparently quite like Aventus.

flotemysost

Yeah Zara fragrances are decent, especially in terms of staying power:cost ratio.

State of that name though.

Enzo

Quote from: flotemysost on July 21, 2021, 11:10:29 PM
Yeah Zara fragrances are decent, especially in terms of staying power:cost ratio.

State of that name though.

Zara also regularly rebrand the scents, but change nothing else. I have vibrant leather summer which smells like Dior Homme Cologne, apparently was called blue flash before or something.

Crenners

My Italian friend said (verbatim) "two squirts an you wanna suck your own dick."

Let's just say I'm posting from traction😂😂😂

Used to love YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme

It was a modern take on a classic fougère: aromatic, powdery, fresh. Used to feel great and confident wearing it. Loved it.

And then they discontinued it, the bastards.

Anyone know it and found anything remotely similar?

QDRPHNC

For fancy, classic old-school cologne Royall Muske:

Super cheap for everyday use on days when you want to smell like a barbershop, Pinaud Clubman:

Very cheap, light and fruity, also used for ritual cleansing by practitioners of Voodoo, Florida Water:

Dex Sawash

the Fallen

Bought some Issey Miyake over Xmas as I used to smell of it but I think I got ripped off or else am fucked because I get a horrific rash if it goes anywhere near my skin

So I prefer to smell authentic, that is, of the wind, though sometimes vanity gets the better of me so I smell decent while scratching myself to bleeding like I'm experiencing psychoses

Might get some Joop for 2002 nostalgia

falafel

Ah, Joop. For those days you want to smell like you dropped your Haribo in the antifreeze.

falafel

My go to scents whenI didn't get eczema from a single spray were always on the zesty side.

Hermes Orange Verte, which smells like exactly that - really a single note but lifted me right up. Also, Un Jardin en Mediteranée, which does indeed smell like a breezy day by the coast, close your eyes and there's bouganvillea and jasmine and waves breaking at your feet. Unisex as well, or gender neutral if you will.

Probably more personal than generally great scents, I grew up in Cyprus and though I'll likely never live there again those scents would carry me home in an instant.

Latterly, it was Acqua di Gio, which was a bit of a lazy choice but felt like a good workhorse, not offensive, still pretty light, didn't really last very long though.

falafel

Of course, the homme / femme distinction is as absurd here as anywhere else but for some reason it hadn't occurred to me.

Crenners

This is absolutely beautiful stuff:

Very juicy opening, orange blossom, quite mouth watering but beautiful floral drydown. It's light and refreshing but plenty of depth here, you get something deeper and muskier over time.

I alternate this with Acqua di Parma and:

I prefer this to the original Neroli Portofino, which is also a classic. This seems a little brighter, more citric but also more sea breeze and fresh linen and barbershop soap to it. It's a pretty incredible fragrance.

Sherringford Hovis

^What I ponged of 2004-2016-ish? Used to wear this EDT every day; Space NK was about the only not-online place that stocked it. Now it's been unavailable everywhere for a couple of years, and various internet rumour-mongers assert that it's because there's an ingredient that's forbidden in EU/UK. Thanks to the wonderful Brexit red-tape bonfire, it'll be back on the shelves locally soon, hopefully.

Stigdu

I like Davidoff Cool Water.

Was it a thing elsewhere or just around my neck of the woods (South Sheffield) where some LG would drink the aftershave at teenage parties?

Regards
Gary

Gullibility by Tarquin Flumps

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: kenneth trousers on June 29, 2022, 12:38:40 PMWas it a thing elsewhere or just around my neck of the woods (South Sheffield) where some LG would drink the aftershave at teenage parties?

Regards
Gary

I grew up in South Sheffield and never encountered that. However I wasn't invited to any parties.

FalknerHinton

One spray of Excite, two sprays of Dark Temptation and then, the last bit, just a mist of Africa.

No but the serious answer is