Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:40:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Smiling Friends - Season 1

Started by Blumf, January 12, 2022, 03:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

After a well received pilot a few years back, [adult swim] have finally brought it out, sneakily broadcasting the whole season unannounced in one go. So it's... you know... out there.

Lots of guest stars to spot (live action and voice), and if you liked the pilot, you'll be happy with this, I think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smiling_Friends

RetroRobot

Any time I hear David Firth doing the Jerry Jackson voice I lose it so that was probably my favourite episode.
Love some of the really dumb jokes like "beautiful animal sanctuary" and "I'VE BEEN DOWN THE MINES FOR 48 HOURS TODAY!
!!"

MrsWarboysLover

David Firth was definitely the cameo I got the biggest kick out of hearing.
Really enjoyed the show - I love the character designs, particularly Pim and Charlie themselves, and the fact they've pulled off a world with characters who are drawn or animated vastly differently but it's all somehow cohesive.
I like that the animation itself is often funny, not just the jokes. Like the way Mr. Frog moved so quickly was so creepy that it made me laugh.
Also enjoyed the little naturalistic bits of dialogue, like when Pim accidentally interrupted the Boss.

madhair60

I've seen the first three and episodes 2 and 3 both had multiple scenes end with someone just suddenly screaming. Do they really not have any jokes? Is that really the best they can do? Just some screaming. I don't get it.

I don't hate it, but I don't really understand why people seem to like it so much. Fealty to internet content creators? I like the boss, played by Marc M of Sick Animation. Maybe it gets better, 3 was better than 2 which was better than the pilot.

Led Souptin

Really enjoyed this, it felt VERY adult swim, nicely capturing that chaotic vibe that shows like ATHF had.

Also loved the bits where they mixed art styles too, 3D Squeldon was a hoot.

I don't think it's bringing anything massively new to the table but I've really enjoyed this season. WOULD WATCH MORE