Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:07:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Better dead than red?

Started by Jockice, January 12, 2022, 11:03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Neil "The Thunder From Down Under" Robertson. Not only is his hair naturally ginger, it's also very curly. He usually murders it with peroxide and GHDs but briefly went au naturel during lockdown:

Must be a lot of work, I couldn't be arsed with all that. Still probably not as much effort as Judd Trump makes with his combing strategies though.

TheGingerAlien

Dex Sawash

Ginger off Gilligan's Island is dead which prooves something I think

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Why do we call it ginger hair anyway? Look at the colour of some actual ginger. If anything, it's more like blonde hair.

Jockice

Oh god, BBC Breakfast has just done a piece about Ed Sheeran lookalikes, one of whom was !hilariously! a cat. I've been told I look like him several times, but then I've been told I look like every famous redhead in world history at least once. Elizabeth 1 to Jimmy Somerville, I've had the lot. On the subject of the latter, I could never understand all the 'he looks like a potato' stuff. He doesn't. He looks like a baked bean.

Pink Gregory

He looks like Wellington out of the Perishers

SpiderChrist

People are twats. I got bullied at school for having severe eczema - my oldest friend is a redhead and we bonded at the age of 10 because we were teased and bullied by classmates and (in his case) picked on by our form teacher.

Not sure what point I'm making here. Apart from people are twats and bullies need a smack.

Jockice

Quote from: SpiderChrist on January 15, 2022, 09:43:11 AMPeople are twats. I got bullied at school for having severe eczema - my oldest friend is a redhead and we bonded at the age of 10 because we were teased and bullied by classmates and (in his case) picked on by our form teacher.

At the start of the century I had as next-door neighbours a young couple I got on very well with. He was a trainee doctor and she was a primary school teacher. I was round at their place for drinks one night and talk turned to work and the people we didn't get on with there. She said she disliked one particular pupil because of his bad behaviour, adding "and he's ginger!" with a look of disgust on her face, I let it go on this occasion - it wasn't like other situations I've been in where people have been deliberately offensive, in fact I think she'd have been mortified if I'd taken offence or even pointed to my head.

But it shows to me how it really is the racism you can get away with. Can you imagine the same situation with her saying: "And he's black!'' Even if she had thought that she wouldn't have said it, regardless of whether she was speaking to a black person at the time or not.

I filed it away in the 'offensive but probably not intentionally so' place in my head though, along with the friend's partner (who I'd actually known longer than he did. We went to the same junior school) who decided one evening to tell me in full detail about her fitness regime, adding: "I love running. If anything ever happened to my legs I'd kill myself." Now I wonder why she'd said that to the only person in the room who had had 'something' happen to their legs?

thenoise