Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:10:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinner XIV: CALOOH! CALLAY! IT'S GC COMING OUT DAY!!!

Started by madhair60, December 19, 2021, 12:28:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Oh fucking hell yeah remember when these cunts were actively pro Taliban? That was a bit of a watershed moment for me.

imitationleather

Does he wheel out his list of comedy enemies who one day will pay every single post now? It feels like it

Fisher Goes Berserk

jobotic

No matter what you're arguing about who says "I'll never let you forget what side of history you were on"?

I bet he says that when appealing a parking fine.

His total lack of interest in murder and sexual assault of women unless the perpetrator is trans (Graham - you don't need to look as far as Kansas to find these things) is just like his Gettr friend Tommy Robinson and his joy when the perpetrator is Muslim and his friendship with white men who do the same.

JamesTC

Alberon

Quote from: imitationleather on January 14, 2022, 07:03:37 PM

Does he wheel out his list of comedy enemies who one day will pay every single post now? It feels like it

Except he's not getting an award, instead he's going bananas in his pyjamas in his race car bed.

Barry Admin

Quote from: imitationleather on January 14, 2022, 07:03:37 PM

He's had to make a point of avoiding slating women all the time, after it cost him loads of paid subscriptions. So yeah, without being able to rotate through Helen Lewis and whoever else, he's just falling back on the same male names all the time now. 

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Have any of the men on that list ever said a damn thing about trans folk in prisons and where they should be placed? I bet they haven't. I bet he's just assigning them that viewpoint because they said "trans rights are human rights".

bgmnts

Transwoman on cover of Cosmopolitan. Wonder if they're going nuts about it.

Munroe Bergdof is a funny name though.

Milo

Quote from: jobotic on January 14, 2022, 07:15:01 PMHis total lack of interest in murder and sexual assault of women unless the perpetrator is trans (Graham - you don't need to look as far as Kansas to find these things) is just like his Gettr friend Tommy Robinson and his joy when the perpetrator is Muslim and his friendship with white men who do the same.

Aye, it's the exact same thing as the people who obsess over Muslim grooming gangs but aren't bothered about child abuse elsewhere and the people who're really concerned about human rights abuses but exclusively when the Israeli government do it.

Fisher Goes Berserk

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on January 14, 2022, 08:02:42 PMHave any of the men on that list ever said a damn thing about trans folk in prisons and where they should be placed? 

Not just trans folk, but this person in particular. He actually imagines that Stewart Lee, Frankie Boyle, Matt Lucas and Owen Jones are familiar with this specific story and have come to a view on it. He's basically having imaginary conversations at this point.

idunnosomename

haha i forgot he got into a spat with H Lew.

funnily enough the image on her wikipedia page is a crop from her on stage with him

this was 2017 (obvs)

QuoteSave the date for ORGCon 2017 - it will take place on Saturday 4 November at Friends House on Euston Road in London. We have a second smaller event planned on Sunday 5 November in a different location (TBC). This year is all about the Digital Fightback. Confirmed speakers include Graham Linehan, Noel Sharkey, Helen Lewis, Jamie Bartlett and Nanjira Sambuli. Tickets are on sale now!

wrec

Quote from: Fisher Goes Berserk on January 14, 2022, 08:29:20 PMNot just trans folk, but this person in particular. He actually imagines that Stewart Lee, Frankie Boyle, Matt Lucas and Owen Jones are familiar with this specific story and have come to a view on it. He's basically having imaginary conversations at this point.

It's bizarre because it wouldn't be difficult to make a list of people actively promoting trans rights, but he's obsessed with the former friends and peers he has personal grievances with for not agreeing with him. I think at one point he assumed he'd peak all his (former) comedy peers and it's gone worse that he could have imagined. The only one he has on board is Arthur Mathews, who has seemed to avoid talking about it besides one recent interview, and whose support seems driven by the kind of loyalty Linehan expects of others, and pretty much confined to that issue of loyalty.

But another thing that struck me recently, so obvious that people must have discussed it before, and maybe I even realised it myself but forgot: the pile-ons that the likes of Lee and Bragg are subjected to is not so much a measure of their involvement or to force them to change their point of view, but is meant to deter other celebrities from expressing support for trans people or speaking out against transphobia. It's hard to blame people for not wanting to bring that down on themselves.

JaDanketies

He must feel like a troll in the minds of people like Stewart Lee, Owen Jones, Billy Bragg et al, just a celebrity troll who once moved in the same circles. It's a very weird position to be in; a celebrity, a public face, and the leader of a transphobic and single-minded mob of internet griefers. And all these libels towards rich people too, with his name attached. It's very strange (obviously). The only other celebrity trolls I can think of are Z-lister reality TV or social media people, but Linehan is at another level.

It really is surprising he hasn't been slapped with a big court order telling him to shut up. If Graham Linehan was reality TV's Stephen Bear or YouTube's Sam Pepper then I think they would've had to put on a suit and apologise to a lot of people in court by now. And he really is like some internet troll, he's just a nasty social media personality with decades-old accolades attached.

But it must be strange to be attacked by a troll and their followers if the troll wrote Father Ted and you are also a TV writer. It was weird enough being attacked by them when you are just some random Twitter user.

damien

The celebrity hate-list reminds me of that 1981 Norway-England match commentator. He should recite it every week on 'Mess..' as it gets longer and longer, every time he thinks he's had a wee victory; "Matt Berry, Graham Norton, Billy Bragg, Matt Lucas.. your boys took one hell of a beating."

mjwilson

For those interested, Grace Lavery is doing a bit of a UK book tour, although it appears to be just Manchester and Bath at the moment.

idunnosomename

oh, interested.

also via Grace the F-F-F-Floorsharter has deleted her weird HOLES posts

Mister Six

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 14, 2022, 11:15:15 PMoh, interested.

But referring to "a person who has periods" is dehumanising.

bgmnts

Sorry I am really confused, is she implying men dont have a hole that men want to penetrate with their penis?

Also at a cursory glance it seems the problems with co-ed prisons tend to be males and females fighting each other over the opposite sex and unwanted pregnancy rather than rape.

I know I shouldnt be even emgaging my tiny brain with this but it's infuriating.

idunnosomename

as I said, she is a cruel fucking idiot, and has a "feminism" that reduces women to a hole

bgmnts

But it's not just cruel dehumanising it's made up shit in her head and totally inaccurate and makes no sense.

I keep having to remind myself that these are the only feminists who are pro Taliban.

They support the fucking Taliban ffs i feel like i've gone mental.

idunnosomename

oh yeah it's trying to be all nu-atheism checkmate but it comes off as simply fucking weird

sadly I don't think it will reduce her followers

Sonny_Jim

The longer you stare at a banana, the more bananas it makes you feel:

His substack has had a redesign.  I think he's trying to look more 'newspaper-ish' but it just makes it confusing as to what's new.

idunnosomename

he's really going for it with stickying "Rape as a punishment for not paying your TV license"

bgmnts

She couldnt even stare at the banana for a minute FUCKSAKE.

Pissing me off all this shit.

The Late Satoru Iwata

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 14, 2022, 08:35:59 PMhaha i forgot he got into a spat with H Lew.

HEY! GLINNER! LEAVE HELENS ALONE!

All in all you are both a prick and a tool.

Kankurette

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 14, 2022, 11:15:15 PMoh, interested.

What a disgusting way to describe women. Also, is she forgetting cis men have anuses? And that anal rape is a thing?

bgmnts

Thank fuck im not the only one who ssked these questions!