Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:31:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinner XIV: CALOOH! CALLAY! IT'S GC COMING OUT DAY!!!

Started by madhair60, December 19, 2021, 12:28:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

This is one time when 'what about men?' is worth asking. I don't know how common male rape in prisons is but acting like male rape never happens, in prisons or elsewhere, helps nobody. There was a notorious case in Manchester of a bloke who'd pick men up in Canal Street, take them home and rape them (note: potentially triggering). Mum met blokes in rehab who'd been raped, FFS.

Ferris

Quote from: imitationleather on January 14, 2022, 07:03:37 PM

Does he wheel out his list of comedy enemies who one day will pay every single post now? It feels like it

The weirdest thing is any disapproval of linehan, any at all, inherently means that person is actively arguing for something about prison categorization. They can't just think linehan's a dickhead, it must be that they are vociferously positing that this specific person must be put in this specific prison!

I'm sure if you asked Stew he'd have no opinion on where a specific offender should be housed because he's a standup comic and not the deputy director of a prison system. The assertion that he does have a position, actually, and it's this (despite not saying anything even tangentially related, or even having a social media platform upon which to say it) is pathological.

Everything is a Manichean struggle with this cunt. There's no middle ground - everyone is an ally to lovebomb about their latest pablum children's novel, or an enemy who must be destroyed at all costs. Must be exhausting to live with for him and anyone around him.

Gusty OWindflap

I believe that whenever BC reads something like this explaining his behaviour he quickly tries to get in 'first' and accuse his opponents of that same behaviour. Interesting to keep an eye for him describing people as seeing things as 'black and white' in the coming weeks if he does read this forum but if he uses the term Manichean in the next while I would think it confirms it.

pigamus

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 14, 2022, 11:15:15 PMoh, interested.

also via Grace the F-F-F-Floorsharter has deleted her weird HOLES posts

Maya knows how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall

phes

Quote from: Ferris on January 15, 2022, 03:40:38 AMThe weirdest thing is any disapproval of linehan, any at all, inherently means that person is actively arguing for something about prison categorization. They can't just think linehan's a dickhead, it must be that they are vociferously positing that this specific person must be put in this specific prison!

I'm sure if you asked Stew he'd have no opinion on where a specific offender should be housed because he's a standup comic and not the deputy director of a prison system. The assertion that he does have a position, actually, and it's this (despite not saying anything even tangentially related, or even having a social media platform upon which to say it) is pathological.

Everything is a Manichean struggle with this cunt. There's no middle ground - everyone is an ally to lovebomb about their latest pablum children's novel, or an enemy who must be destroyed at all costs. Must be exhausting to live with for him and anyone around him.

Think he's always been inclined this way, but it's got worse as his voice has got more distant. It's desperation to force a response from people who are ignoring him, by escalating wilder and more provocative statements that he thinks they won't be able to ignore

It's begins with Hi Sarah, just wondering what you think....

jobotic

Male rape in prison is a good thing.

Don't believe me? Ask the commentators below the line on every crime story that Kent Online features.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: Ferris on January 15, 2022, 03:40:38 AMI'm sure if you asked Stew he'd have no opinion on where a specific offender should be housed because he's a standup comic and not the deputy director of a prison system.

Whichever he is, he's in regular paid work. Something for graham to reflect on as he reads this thread.

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Does he wheel out his list of comedy enemies who one day will pay every single post now? It feels like it

Jeeeessus, wasn't his Frankie Boyle spat like 2 years ago?

RicoMNKN

Calling Matt Lucas a "dickhead celebrity man" seems really shitty when Matt seemed to be one of the few people trying to politely agree to disagree with Graham for the sake of an old friendship.  And he wonders why he has no friends left.

At least Graham's naughty list isn't 3/4 jewish people any more, so that's a start.

Kankurette

Quote from: jobotic on January 15, 2022, 10:05:55 AMMale rape in prison is a good thing.

Don't believe me? Ask the commentators below the line on every crime story that Kent Online features.
I really really hate the whole 'rape is OK when it's someone we don't like' thing. No, prison rape is not a good thing and I doubt the people doing the raping are exactly heroes.

idunnosomename

QuoteAlso, of course, neither he nor David Walliams have ever defended me in this fight despite my having played a significant part in making both of them famous (I directed and worked closely with them on the pilot of 'Little Britain').

lol

HamishMacbeth

This is doing the rounds on Terf twitter and it made me think about how much they've radicalised in the last few years. Back in 2018 it was "why can't we just have different opinions without being cancelled" and now it's "anything short of full throated endorsement of our transphobia is abuse."

This is what happens when you indulge the "healthy debate" stage of bigotry.

shoulders

If he had any genuine concern for risk of prisoners being raped he could always divert attention to reform of the prison system given that rapists are routinely placed among people of the same gender they raped.  The right side of history is presumably one where rape isn't an institutional feature of prisons. Not just where a transperson can't rape a woman but where it doesn't generally happen to anyone.

But doing that would demonstrate a level of good faith and logic, and preclude him from this embarrassing and humiliating attempt to enter a dialogue or shame people who aren't remotely interested in having any interactions with a mentally ill bully that's become an unemployable freak.

dead-ced-dead

I love seeing TERFs pissed at what the young Harry Potter cast do and say. I just love seeing them get pressed.

Off-topic, but I really like Servant, which is the show Ralph is promoting.

Dr Rock

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on January 15, 2022, 11:57:34 AMI love seeing TERFs pissed at what the young Harry Potter cast do and say. I just love seeing them get pressed.

They are totally preaching to the converted with those ones, nobody on the fence is going to be peaked by their bananas logic, probably the opposite.

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on January 15, 2022, 11:57:34 AMI love seeing TERFs pissed at what the young Harry Potter cast do and say. I just love seeing them get pressed.

Off-topic, but I really like Servant, which is the show Ralph is promoting.

Yeah Servant is great, intense but really good

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

god that "holes" post is fucking disgusting. I'm glad that piece of shit lost her job.

there was something else I wanted to say but that "holes" post erased it from my mind

Aindíles

Quote from: Ferris on January 15, 2022, 03:40:38 AMEverything is a Manichean struggle with this cunt. There's no middle ground - everyone is an ally to lovebomb about their latest pablum children's novel, or an enemy who must be destroyed at all costs. Must be exhausting to live with for him and anyone around him.

This is exactly my experience with one of his acolytes. Went from being one of their besties to absolute worst enemy overnight for saying I disagreed with JKR and her Just Asking Questions routine. Still out there, years later, tweeting about what a cunt I am and always have been and about how I'm "pedo adjacent" for putting up a pride flag during pride.

wrec

Quote from: Ferris on January 15, 2022, 03:40:38 AMMust be exhausting to live with for him and anyone around him.

Just himself affected so

Kankurette

If they genuinely want debate, I'm Jordan Pickford. They just want people to agree with them.

Hobo With A Shit Pun

It's a sad reflection on how BC's brainwarping has shaped my own, but when I saw that Joelle Taylor had won the T.S. Eliot prize, one of my first thoughts was "I wonder how the GC crowd are reacting." Would they be all "Yay! A butch lesbian done good!" or would Taylor's support and acceptance of transfolk render her irrelevant in their eyes.
Popping over to m*msn*t, I was mildly heartened that the first poster to mention her protrans stance - specifically re:trans men - did so in positive terms. It's a shame that the next poster added "that's a shame." And that one mmsnttr recalled her horror at seeing a picture of the shortlisters and assuming Taylor was a trans man, as one does.
BC himself will presumably not give two figs, despite his deep and sincere interest in lesbian (non)erasure.

kalowski

Quote from: jobotic on January 15, 2022, 10:05:55 AMMale rape in prison is a good thing.

It's still an "acceptable" joke. Gervais made some sort of crack about it in telly last night and Graham Norton threw out the "pass the soap" trope.

greencalx

racecar bed indy 500

Quote from: Barry Admin on January 12, 2022, 01:08:13 AMThat's brilliant :-D

Yeah, he really is mad. He can't be wrong on any level, so he's chosen to demonise a whole group of people as paedos, pervs and cheats - he obviously is intelligent enough to know that all trans women don't behave like that, but he's prepared to lie because his ego is so fucked.

He lies like a rug too, all the time, about everything. 

Ah thanks, the line just came to me, as they often do, and he's been on about that shit for long enough I was surprised someone else didn't get to it. (Unless someone did say that and I forgot) It's certainly wittier than anything he's been writing for the past several years. Since he's not going to write any comedy any time soon might as well try my hand at it.

Quote from: HamishMacbeth on January 15, 2022, 11:43:27 AM

This is doing the rounds on Terf twitter and it made me think about how much they've radicalised in the last few years. Back in 2018 it was "why can't we just have different opinions without being cancelled" and now it's "anything short of full throated endorsement of our transphobia is abuse."

This is what happens when you indulge the "healthy debate" stage of bigotry.

Far as I know Rupert's been perfectly nice about their disagreements, as have Emma Watson and Daniel Radcliffe. God I'm gonna enjoy pulling out the "what about healthy debate?" reverse uno card on them the more and more they pull that particular mask off.

Also I caught that madhair was tired of doing the threads, I'm not confident in my ability for matching the title quality but maybe put me on a shortlist. I know I'm rather late to that now and next time I log in we'll probably be passed page 100.

Also gotta love the knowledge that these people will find no fault in Floorsharter's "holes" tweet but the moment some trans man refers to his front hole or some other context they'll be all over it, going on about how devaluing and misogynistic it is. rules for thee etc, etc

Kankurette

Why should JKR get a pass just because she was in an abusive relationship? Tyson Fury had a pretty horrific childhood but it doesn't excuse his bigotry.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: greencalx on January 15, 2022, 01:45:18 PMRupert Grint is 33. When did that happen?
I KNOW RIGHT what is time and can it slow down a bit please

Quote from: Kankurette on January 15, 2022, 02:17:46 PMWhy should JKR get a pass just because she was in an abusive relationship? Tyson Fury had a pretty horrific childhood but it doesn't excuse his bigotry.
god I hate that line of reasoning. Yes, JK Rowling was the victim of sexual assault. That doesn't make her right about everything.

I'll put my hand up to do the next thread if madhair doesn't want to do it. Start suggesting thread titles.

RicoMNKN

Quote from: kalowski on January 15, 2022, 01:40:05 PMIt's still an "acceptable" joke. Gervais made some sort of crack about it in telly last night and Graham Norton threw out the "pass the soap" trope.

It's also a joke in the IT Crowd - "I can't go to jail, Roy! They'll rape the flip out of me!". 

And let's not forget this episode of the feminist-written sitcom...

(That "inexplicably" was added by a sarcastic Wikipedia editor commenting on the writing, wasn't it?)

idunnosomename

I like how that synopsis is written by someone who knows how rohypnol works

DESTROYED by quick edit

Pimhole

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on January 15, 2022, 02:25:06 PMI'll put my hand up to do the next thread if madhair doesn't want to do it. Start suggesting thread titles.

I liked the stuff about in the Gettr, looking up the skirts.