Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:09:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Starmer's Labour: Ghouls and Tools on the Ship of Fools

Started by pancreas, September 30, 2021, 08:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 14, 2022, 03:32:44 PMLabourlist are reporting that Labour doesn't have a full current member list due to a ransomware attack in October.

https://labourlist.org/2022/01/labour-beset-by-difficulties-as-party-does-not-have-full-up-to-date-membership-list/

They think they don't because it's empty, but it's actually accurate.

Ahhhhh, do you see?

Sebastian Cobb

Admittedly I think this misses the recent partied while the Queen mourned spike.

king_tubby

king_tubby

Also pretty amusing that Kent's forensic leadership, concentrating on attracting Tory voters, has convinced a massive 5% of them to vote Labour.

Zetetic

Fambo Number Mive

Did the 33% of Tory voters no longer voting for any of the main parties say they were apathetic or is that what Yougov has concluded?

olliebean

Can't be that much of a leap from "Apathy" to "Kieth's our man." It'll just take a minute drop in enthusiasm.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: olliebean on January 14, 2022, 07:55:08 PMCan't be that much of a leap from "Apathy" to "Kieth's our man." It'll just take a minute drop in enthusiasm.

Voter ID though; yeah I know it's meant to add obstacles to the working class, but tories will still need to go to the effort to get their passports out the sideboard.

Buelligan

king_tubby

idunnosomename

i've already seen that pic?

so I guess the telegraph and the DM are at odds on who they want to D.E.S.T.R.O.Y.

Sebastian Cobb

They're well over 1.5 months behind shitpost twitter.

Really shows the lack of curiosity.

mattyc

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 14, 2022, 10:03:17 AMHis enthusiasm for football basically matches Adam and Joe's football song then

I had never heard this song before - listening to it definitely enhanced my day, even though it's quite annoying!

Buelligan

Imagine being welcomed by Lucy Powell, you'd swiftly check the exits.

imitationleather

the Fallen

Politico said a lot of the fees were due to antisemitism cases

Oh, if only the Tories went under due to their anti-Muslim (and everybody else) rhetoric

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: shoulders on January 15, 2022, 11:41:24 AMhttps://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-59998941

Lol

Centrist Nev

Heh! He took up Edwina Currie's advice.

As far as I've seen, he's been more willing to stand up for working people than the Starmtroopers.

Quote from: Buelligan on January 15, 2022, 11:46:43 AMImagine being welcomed by Lucy Powell, you'd swiftly check the exits.

There is this, though :(

idunnosomename

Imagine, if you will, Sir Kier Starmer, the amazing adult, standing astride this great United Kingdom like a twenty-first century colossus. He embodies hard work, opportunity and justice. He knows the true power of uhhhhhhhH

Right I'll finish the rest of my column once my prostate has filled my balls back up

Sebastian Cobb

If you were in any doubt about them being the tory b-team

idunnosomename

Reeves really is a spectacular nothing. She's studied the economic system and wants to give it a good polishing now and then to make sure it's running as it always has.

She seems less of an actual human than Sir Keir.

olliebean

So "levelling up" should essentially be telling local councils in deprived areas to sort it out themselves, without giving them any more funds to do so?

idunnosomename

Yeah it's very much moving the deckchairs about on the Titanic, but in this version of the metaphor the boat is brilliant and should keep on floating with its massive gaps in standards of cabins for the classes forever I reckon

monkfromhavana

Quote from: olliebean on January 15, 2022, 06:28:02 PMSo "levelling up" should essentially be telling local councils in deprived areas to sort it out themselves, without giving them any more funds to do so?

"Inspiring people out of poverty"

shoulders

Still parroting your opponents attack lines. So shit, so thick.