Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:14:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

How in step with the GUFFAW thread are you?

Started by Catalogue of ills, January 14, 2022, 04:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

you wallies know you can turn notifications off for specific threads by pressing the 'NO ALERTS OR EMAILS' button yeah?

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 14, 2022, 08:02:12 PMyou wallies know you can turn notifications off for specific threads by pressing the 'NO ALERTS OR EMAILS' button yeah?

But that wouldn't be as delicious as dismissing the myopic rants of people that need get off twitter for a few days

Buelligan

mothman

Christ, must every thread turn into one of those fights they have in Asterix's village?
Spoiler alert
Trenhygenix says something, Buelligautomatix makes a joke about smelly fish, and off it kicks...
[close]

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: non capisco on January 14, 2022, 07:52:12 PMThat number by the little bell at the top when someone's quoted you in a thread is like when you get an email from The National Lottery saying 'News about your ticket'.

"CONGRATULATIONS!!  You owe us £3.4million!"

I wasn't amused by anything I saw in it, the one time I looked. I assume you have to either know the context of the posts being celebrated to "get" them, or just be part of the clique someone mentioned earlier.

Me? I get praise for my posts in the same threads where I write them.

Butchers Blind

Would be great if every quoted post in that thread was 'this cunt dead yet'.

The Dog

Why not make your own clique by putting the posts that you like in there?

If the lack of context troubles you, why not click on the link provided and read the post in its original context 'as if by magic'?

Quote from: Crenners on January 14, 2022, 06:53:09 PMIt's really shit most of the time.

Tryhard cringe rants and puns, really weak absurdist descriptions that go on too long long but you can see the person writing it thinks it's really funny.

Too long long long, T-too long long?

Dex Sawash

Really like learning about funny things that would I miss  by not reading the comedy chunt subforum, but then they're from the glinner threads and I don't understand anyway

non capisco

In an age without karma it would seem unfair if things like "Sit down, Mario!" and "while hot chimp jizz pulsed through my system" went entirely unrewarded.

GoblinAhFuckScary

pigamus

I hate the part of me that clicks on a new post hoping it's my joke

The Mollusk

I think the thread works as a 50-50 split of archiving the actual funniest posts on the forum, and giving a friendly mention to another person letting them know you enjoyed reading what they wrote. So it's nice and harmless and not cliquey in the slightest. Saying it's cliquey is basically holding your hands up and saying "I have no sense of humour or empathy and am therefore pathetic and useless, please roast me to death".

Buelligan

Dunno.  Do know that there's a particular poster on the boards whose posts aren't exactly funny (in the normal way) but give me great pleasure to read.  There are many who are consistently funny too and insightful and loads of great life-enhancing shit but I'm extremely reluctant to list them - partly because of the worry about promoting cliqueishness, partly because we don't always have time to post that stuff and I'd be concerned about cheering one and other people feeling under-cheered.  And partly because it's just not really my thing.   I have tried but it made me feel weird.

I'd hate any of the clever, thoughtful and hugely funny people who've pleasured me here, over the years, to feel under appreciated. 

You are not under appreciated, you are hugely appreciated. 

pigamus

I don't go in HS Art so I do like seeing the photoshops and whatnot

Sebastian Cobb

In amongst the utter bollocks, HS Art contains some of the most creative writing to appear on this site.

mothman

First off, I concede it's not my thing, but so many of the posts I see in the Guffaw threads are from HS Art and as I don't really go in there they fall particularly flat. But as I say that's just me.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Buelligan on January 15, 2022, 03:41:51 PMYou are not under appreciated, you are hugely appreciated. 

Could you attach some sort of monetary value to that sentiment? I'm skint this month. Cheers.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: The Mollusk on January 15, 2022, 04:11:01 PMCould you attach some sort of monetary value to that sentiment? I'm skint this month. Cheers.

just mint your posts as nft's bro

idunnosomename

Quote from: pigamus on January 15, 2022, 02:54:31 PMI hate the part of me that clicks on a new post hoping it's my joke
with the introduction of the little bell my little part has now transferred to that

The Mollusk

No one wants to know about the little bell on your little part

pigamus

Catalogue of ills

ProvanFan

(Step) Hey CAB, in your eyes
I see a picture of me all the time

(Step) Hey CAB, when you smile
You got to know that you drive me wild

pigamus